• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I hate to admit it but I'm kind of loving this game. I don't remember enjoying a COD this much since COD4. Spawns are fucked up and the netcode needs some polish but I'd be lying if I said I'm not having a blast. Haven't even touched the campaign yet.

I hate to admit it but I'm kind of loving this game. I don't remember enjoying a COD this much since COD4. Spawns are fucked up and the netcode needs some polish but I'd be lying if I said I'm not having a blast. Haven't even touched the campaign yet.

I'm right there with ya. The couple of patches seemed to have fixed the lag for me the last couple of nights and now I am really enjoying it.

Playing it a lot smarter now and running a loadout that really seems to be working and it's paying off.

3DShovel

You know you fucked your game up when a week after release nobody plays this anymore in your friendlist lol

With all the games coming out, it's not surprising to see some people going off to play other stuff.

What'll be the test is to see whether or not they come back.

I for one just ordered myself a copy. Looking forward to jumping in and having some fun!

leng jai

It's an extremely competent campaign. That was pretty much the reason I didn't return the game in the first week while I was doing poorly in multiplayer and lagging all over the place.

wrongway

Not noticing any improvements PC side. Still having about the same mixed bag of games -- some are fine throughout; some are ok but have a few people who consistantly produce pseudo-instagibs, corner deaths and delayed hit detection; and some lobbies are either a shitfest from the start, or start out fine then go to pot after a few people cycle out.

I really like the core of this game, but whatever's going on with multiplayer performance is getting really tiresome really fast. :[

LQX

With as few players as there are on PC there is no fucking way connecting to online services or whatever that is should be stalling out. Why publishers keep heaping shit on rather than making it simple and fluid is beyond me. Now you have to sit there for minutes or connect through a damn internet browser rather than in game. Games that came out damn near 20 years ago did it better.

Don't bet on it. I checked my progress and nothing changed. The diamond camo still says 2/7 when I only have two camos left to unlock it. I'm wondering if it will unlock at all.
Don't you have to get a kill in each category to fix it?

I'm flipping the switch tonight, wish me luck. Mostly I want that suit, if my challenges screw up I don't really care.

DryvBy

I haven't touched campaign yet, but the worst thing about this game so far for me is the stupid hit detection. I was shooting a wall at one point and got a kill. Trying to see if the video saved now..

drotahorror

Really wish they'd fix that PS4 Audio popup about prioritizing party etc. It did that in Ghosts too. These 2 games are the only ones that spam it.

Buzzbrad

Shit, that'll probably happen to me too.

By the way, whats the Sentinel camo from? Preorder bonus?

The Sentinel camo is part of the Advanced Warfare Digital Personalization pack. It is only available to people who pre-ordered the game digitally.

The amount of killing guys in their backs and getting shot in the back has probably quadrupled this past week. Fuck that shit.

It feels like every time I kill one guy, there's 3-4 of this teammates ready get up in my ass, immediately around some corner or on the many rooftops. It's kind of exhausting.

To those Gafers who play AW, got a question: Is this worth keeping?

I got it thanks to Target's B2G1 but lended it to a friend while I'm working on Mordor and MCC, this was tuesday, he started playing the campaign on Wednesday and he finished it today.

I know it's a COD game plus the Spacey factor, but I heard good things about that side of the game. As for MP, never been a fan of this game system (Halo player, sorry) and I was expecting to hop in Zombie Mode just to found out that I have to pay for it (a 50 bucks season pass?!) and I got turned off.

So I'm thinking after finishing the campaign I could trade it for, dunno, Destiny, DGA, or AC Unity when all the bugs are patched.

What do you say?

Rodelero

I think I'm done with this game. I cannot believe that seven iterations on from Call of Duty 4, this is what we have. Frankly, I'm not sure there is much of that game's brilliance left underneath all the trash that has been added to it year after year after year.

It was blindingly obvious that neither Infinity Ward nor Treyarch had any particularly good ideas for how to take the franchise forward, but none of their innovations ended up breaking it entirely. Yet, Sledgehammer, in a thoughtless attempt to distinguish themselves and their game have done just that. Adding the exo-suits to this game was brave, making no substantial changes to any other element of the game to fit with the vastly increased mobility was stupid.

I used to be able to play the SP at 60FPS locked with everything minus the AA maxed out. Now after this latest patch my load times are 4 times longer than before and my FPS has been shot to 20FPS tops. What the hell is going on with this games patches? Jesus!

Also, I have tried everything to get multiplayer to work and it still will not load. I get the Steam error of "failed to start game" but coop mode launches fine. I have never touched the MP because I can't get it to launch.
1. I have verified the game files
2. Uninstalled and installed the game multiple times
3. Deleted the appcache folder
4. Did the steam url command in my browser that resets some settings
Nothing has fixed the multiplayer but like I said coop mode launches fine.

Jesus Activision get your act together. I regret buying this game and spending the extra money to get the deluxe edition. Huge mistake. CoD: Ghosts had its issues but it was never as bad as this game is. Sheesh.

Latest Beta Drivers
i5-3570K @ 4.3ghz
16gb ram
GTX 680 4gig OC
2TB HDD

To those Gafers who play AW, got a question: Is this worth keeping?

I got it thanks to Target's B2G1 but lended it to a friend while I'm working on Mordor and MCC, this was tuesday, he started playing the campaign on Wednesday and he finished it today.

I know it's a COD game plus the Spacey factor, but I heard good things about that side of the game. As for MP, never been a fan of this game system (Halo player, sorry) and I was expecting to hop in Zombie Mode just to found out that I have to pay for it (a 50 bucks season pass?!) and I got turned off.

So I'm thinking after finishing the campaign I could trade it for, dunno, Destiny, DGA, or AC Unity when all the bugs are patched.

What do you say?

I don't think so. The multiplayer is frustrating, filled with silencers and moments where you're continuously shot in the back. I'm not very good at this COD - have been a decent player in the past - but the gameplay online is incredibly frustrating.

I don't think I've played a game in which control was effectively taken away from me so often. The last mission is literally just slowly walking forward on a tiny path for what seems to be an eternity,

And what's with the QTEs being insanely fast? I think I failed nearly every one of them because they aren't telegraphed very well, and by the time you finally see the button prompt you've failed.

hunchback

That one map called Biolab is completely broken because of that glitch where you can crawl into a glass room.
Every time that map comes up people immediately head for that spot and camp. I have never understood why people do this. Is winning that important to them? I refuse to lower myself to their level and cheat like that.

eek5

That one map called Biolab is completely broken because of that glitch where you can crawl into a glass room.
Every time that map comes up people immediately head for that spot and camp. I have never understood why people do this. Is winning that important to them? I refuse to lower myself to their level and cheat like that.

you can wall bang them from the other side lol

Najaf

Game feels completely broken to me. I want to love it, I really do. But when I find myself saying Xbox record that after every bullshit spawn or lag-comp kill, I don't seem to be enjoying myself.

The verticality and subsequent map design makes any sort of map control next to impossible. With previous CoDs, two or three people could hold down a section of the map. The TTK mixed with netcode and chaotic map design (due to exo) make this almost impossible. This results in a constant shifting of map control.

In previous CoDs, similar to halo, when you were about to be faced with a spawn flip, you knew it by reading the situation. In this game, there is no spawn flip. Its just picking temporarily empty portions of the map. But due to the speed and exo abilities, any safe spawn will be compromised mere moments later.

Even playing classic mode, the poor netcode and lag-comp are terribly obvious.

While Titanfall got old really fast, I never had a problem with lag. Getting killed always seemed fair. In CoD AW, I'm raging at least every other death.

Taking a break and tackling some backlog for a good while. I'm sure there will be some balances and straightening out the netcode in the coming months.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm going to echo the same frustrations with MP. I'll go some ok stretches and then other times I'll just get completely wrecked and it seems like my weapons are completely ineffective. Also tired of getting shot in the back just seconds after killing an enemy, where a good portion of the time it's from the dude I just killed...I think I'm going to complete the SP over the weekend and then I'm done with this game. Shame because it was fun at first but that slowly wears away and leaves nothing but frustrating moments.

IISANDERII

Played nearly 4hrs of multiplayer in total now and while I can't say there's anything wrong with the game, there's not much to like. Just feels uninspired, uninteresting, random and aimless.

Maybe I'm just burned out, having put hundreds maybe thousands of hours into COD since 2007.

Don't you have to get a kill in each category to fix it?

I'm flipping the switch tonight, wish me luck. Mostly I want that suit, if my challenges screw up I don't really care.

I did for the other camos. I'll try and hopefully get it unlocked.

Shit, that'll probably happen to me too.

By the way, whats the Sentinel camo from? Preorder bonus?

It was already unlocked but I'm not sure how. I assumed wveryone had it

mr stroke

+1

Didn't think it was possible but this might be the best COD

Korezo

The spawning so bad in this game, I'm tired of having someone spawn couple of steps away from me to then get killed from the back. I can see this game being worst then ghost after more people learn to abuse the game.

One assy thing about prestiging - even though when you play in private matches all guns are unlocked, for some reason special guns you got in supply drops are not unlocked. I think it's a mistake but I was disappointed to find that out.

The spawning combined with the exo ablities/map design (the real problem) makes it so damn random and frustrating. It feels like "knowing" a map doesn't really serve any sort of advantage. If I see a guy on my minimap rounding a corner towards me it doesn't really matter because there is zero predictability and for all I know he could just boost around or above me. I think the problem is that the maps are too open. There are way too many ways to get to every point. I know they probably wanted to show off the new abilities but there should be more points on the maps where the abilities are more neutralized.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
since you can move so fast with the exo abilities I wish teh maps were a bit bigger and the spawning was fixed. Its a good game not great however also it seems they made auto aim less sticky so i am a fan of that

sk3tch

I guess I've been lucky on PC - over 4 hours of MP and I haven't had a single issue. Game looks great with 2x supersampling (playing at 1080p/120hz - 4930K/780 SLI). Absolutely love this game...first time I've been hooked on CoD in a while.

z3phon

Playing online right now my game just froze on the PS4. I thought my system hung but could turn the game off using the PS button. Anyone having any sort of freezing issues with this game?
First time this has happened with the game.

drotahorror

Playing online right now my game just froze on the PS4. I thought my system hung but could turn the game off using the PS button. Anyone having any sort of freezing issues with this game?
First time this has happened with the game.

Yep, froze a few times. Had to force close it with PS button.

Also, the patch seems to have fixed things up a bit. It's not perfect but they're gettin there.

The spawning combined with the exo ablities/map design (the real problem) makes it so damn random and frustrating. It feels like "knowing" a map doesn't really serve any sort of advantage. If I see a guy on my minimap rounding a corner towards me it doesn't really matter because there is zero predictability and for all I know he could just boost around or above me. I think the problem is that the maps are too open. There are way too many ways to get to every point. I know they probably wanted to show off the new abilities but there should be more points on the maps where the abilities are more neutralized.

You're talking about choke points and there hasn't been that since MW2

Top Bottom