• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

PepperedHam

Well the second half of this patch on PS4 has improved my stability greatly. The patch earlier in the week did jack shit for me so I was wondering where these "connection optimizations" were but today after about 15 or so games I think it's here. No more stuttering, no more rubber banding, stable connection bars across the board, it feels pretty great.

Unfortunately as it is still Call of Duty you are still going to get that death that makes you wanna watch the killcam and call bullshit, that's been CoD for me since Black Ops and that still hasn't changed. My biggest issue with this game was the horrible stuttering and shitty laggy performance. That seems to be fixed and now I can enjoy myself.

vesvci

Banned
Well the second half of this patch on PS4 has improved my stability greatly. The patch earlier in the week did jack shit for me so I was wondering where these "connection optimizations" were but today after about 15 or so games I think it's here. No more stuttering, no more rubber banding, stable connection bars across the board, it feels pretty great.

Unfortunately as it is still Call of Duty you are still going to get that death that makes you wanna watch the killcam and call bullshit, that's been CoD for me since Black Ops and that still hasn't changed. My biggest issue with this game was the horrible stuttering and shitty laggy performance. That seems to be fixed and now I can enjoy myself.

Good to hear. The lag compensation is freakin' annoying at times, can't wait to play tonight.

Are there some attachments that make the AK12 come alive? Only way I've had success is the special version with faster firing rate..

Otherwise it's just the ultimate "meh" gun. Hbr does better at ranged. BAL hilariously outclasses it close up, although that gun is better than just about everything. Even the KF5 is better at range and up close with some firing control.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Agreed. Just remake MW, add in the extra maps from 2 & 3, and I'll rebuy the game and play it for probably a hundred hours. Activision could treat it like the MCC. It would sell tons and require little effort on their end.

Sounds good to me. I was just looking at a list of MW2 maps and man do I miss alot of those.

I'll also take the SCAR, TAR, and Vector from MW2 while we're at it please.

RedAssedApe

Banned
patch impressions making me optimistic. although maybe im one of those one with a bad connection and i end up doing worse than i already am lol

Just got the game. So what are the things that make you visible on the radar, aside from shooting a gun without a silencer? I have read that using exo abilities make you visible, but what about double jumping?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just got the game. So what are the things that make you visible on the radar, aside from shooting a gun without a silencer? I have read that using exo abilities make you visible, but what about double jumping?

using any of the exo abilities will create a ping on the radar that enemies can see. You could always use the perk that blocks it though.

Prior to the patch... Stuttering, stuttering everywhere.

After the patch however it runs damn smooth. Quite impressed.

I still suck in multiplayer

Are there some attachments that make the AK12 come alive? Only way I've had success is the special version with faster firing rate..

Otherwise it's just the ultimate "meh" gun. Hbr does better at ranged. BAL hilariously outclasses it close up, although that gun is better than just about everything. Even the KF5 is better at range and up close with some firing control.

you drunk bro?

Why on earth does it take 3 shots for a HS kill with the MK14... What have they done. The entire purpose of the gun has always been power > rate of fire and the fact that you can't just hold the trigger down, you need to aim and be precise or you're dead between shots.

RS4-

Why on earth does it take 3 shots for a HS kill with the MK14... What have they done. The entire purpose of the gun has always been power > rate of fire and the fact that you can't just hold the trigger down, you need to aim and be precise or you're dead between shots.

Gotta nerf those chumps who use turbo controllers!

Gotta nerf those chumps who use turbo controllers!

/s I know but But reddit found it also has the most recoil, so they'd be screwed anyway:

YU4Cw1a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXgN10sAD0

This is beyond lame.

Nah, pretty much every death I had in the 2.5 hours I played post-patch made sense. Shoot first and die pretty much disappeared, well, so long as my follow up shots weren't garbage. I started seeing local sounding gamertags, pings good across the board. I can actually boost dodge out of the way in time now when getting shot. I'll see how it is during Friday night during primetime, but I'm optimistic they got it sorted.

What does that even mean?

LQX

Man I'm loving this game. I actually think it is the best COD since MW. Great maps and the jumping actually adds to the game rather than takes from it. Sucks there does not seem to be many PC gamers for some modes. Might have to stick to the XB1 version for longevity.

Also this is one the best looking PC gamer ever. It is up there with Crysis and I'm surprised it is not getting more attention.

biteren

anyone notice when you fire the SAC3 that you only hear one gun fire instead of both of them firing?

firing both of the SAC3 only plays the sound effect from just one of the guns

EDIT: i think the XMG does it too

a916

They are and they aren't.

Quite obviously a significant proportion of the map design is based on having places to jump onto, but at the same time, its the huge mobility offered by the exo suits that makes this game so awful to play. People often mention how low the time-to-kill is in Call of Duty games, by which they mean the length of time from when you start to die and when you are dead. Yet, I'd also point out the time between spawning and the time where you're in a firefight is lower than ever.

My favourite Call of Duty is Modern Warfare, and one of if not the biggest reason for that is the map design. Look at almost any CoD4 map and you can probably highlight three areas, one of which you MUST go through to traverse from one side of the map to the other. That ensured that the maps were controllable, and you really had to work at it if you wanted to flank the opposition.

In Advanced Warfare, flanking is as easy as just going down an undefended route, and because there are typically more ways through the map than players on a team, it's very easy to do. This is the primary reason why you end up being shot in the back or side in AW more than any other CoD.

You took a sledgehammer to the nail with that point. Distilled my very complaint about all COD's since MW2. The map design is what's holding back all these games (among other things)

I have to agree with the sentiment that it's better to load up on perks and attachments and get rid of the secondary and launchers. I do think Stim is useful, and it's saved me a few times, but aside from that, I just run three attachments and multiple perks. I don't mind it tho. It's a nice change of pace from other score streak fest games where there was always something in the sky or a chopper gunner raining down fire on your team.

Haven't tried the new patch yet, but hopefully it's helping more people get better connections. Aside from some spotty lag, my games has been pretty good recently.

biteren

I have to agree with the sentiment that it's better to load up on perks and attachments and get rid of the secondary and launchers. I do think Stim is useful, and it's saved me a few times, but aside from that, I just run three attachments and multiple perks. I don't mind it tho. It's a nice change of pace from other score streak fest games where there was always something in the sky or a chopper gunner raining down fire on your team.

Haven't tried the new patch yet, but hopefully it's helping more people get better connections. Aside from some spotty lag, my games has been pretty good recently.

i only keep semtex grenades, it can be useful for objective or to soften up target then swoop in and finish em off

Whatever this fucking patch did made it impossible for me to get into games. It just sits there searching and searching. I can only get into a game if I join on a friend.

PS4 by the way,

biteren

Whatever this fucking patch did made it impossible for me to get into games. It just sits there searching and searching. I can only get into a game if I join on a friend.

PS4 by the way,

bizzare, i havent been having any issues at all, and i just got done playing

Daffy Duck

Sigh...people from Europe still shit all over me (I'm in the UK on 55mb fibre), they literally just dance through my bullets.

When I'm in a lobby against UK players it's great fun, but getting wasted by foreigners who you have no chance of winning a 1v1 against is frustrating.

DryvBy

My wife bought me this because I had a crap day at work. Got me 3 new games tonight. Dunno when I'll beat them due to GTA V and Dragon Age next week. Then Far Cry 4 (stress levels rising...)

Why is the multiplayer so bright? It looks pretty horrible and like it's running on an old graphics engine from their modded Q3A days.

leng jai

I'm getting a lot better now that I've sorted my load out and started being far more careful. Still, the concept of map control is non-existent in this game.

eek5

I'm getting a lot better now that I've sorted my load out and started being far more careful. Still, the concept of map control is non-existent in this game.

You can kind of lock down areas temporarily in DOM but it's more of a rotation type of gameplay like BO2.

Top Bottom