• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Nvzman

Is Havoc coming out today for PS4 or what?
I pre-ordered the DLC from GameStop and they still haven't shipped a code for me yet.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I want that weapon balancing released already.

Having a lot of fun using the XMG's lately. After running, jumping and boosting around constantly up to this point, it feels nice to just plant yourself and mow down enemies. Love finding a good spot to hover and do it too, as a lot of players still don't expect it.

I can't believe how completely they have bungled the PC release, and even worse, how little communication there has been about every issue. Sledgehammer has seen the last of my money for sure.

I don't even care about the dlc at this point. I just want any of the outstanding issues patched long after they have been fixed for users on other platforms.

I paid full price for this thing too.

They gave us double xp though, so I guess I can just stick that up my ass.

Honestly, right now I feel like a complete moron for buying a Call of Duty game on PC. It will probably never happen again.

Jaeger

Yea, this sucks. I hope this delay means all the weapons will be patched and not a partial one. Along with an actual system to earn variants outside of stupid supply drops.

I love that they announce that there is an 'unexpected' issue 9 minutes before release, but somehow they know that everything will be ready exactly on March 3rd.

I doubt they have even started work on the PC patch and dlc. We didn't spend as much as Microsoft so our money don't count.

Talking to myself up in here. I haven't been this mad about a video game in years.

Going for a walk.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I love that they announce that there is an 'unexpected' issue 9 minutes before release, but somehow they know that everything will be ready exactly on March 3rd.

I doubt they have even started work on the PC patch and dlc. We didn't spend as much as Microsoft so our money don't count.

Talking to myself up in here. I haven't been this mad about a video game in years.

Going for a walk.

Coming from playing on the Wii/U, it's so weird being treated so 'well' on the xbone. Patches comes promptly, I have all that DLC(that I've barely played), and I can play every game mode with little to no wait.

Coming from playing on the Wii/U, it's so weird being treated so 'well' on the xbone. Patches comes promptly, I have all that DLC(that I've barely played), and I can play every game mode with little to no wait.

They are really burning the bridge behind them with PC gamers. It is going to be funny to watch them come skulking back around like Ubisoft when the sales finally tank.

For those who have it, what do you think of Exo Zombies? I've only played 4 matches solo so far but it's pretty great. Map is a little too small though imo, they also should have included Riot with it.

CozMick

Banned
I also would like to know how this compares to Black Ops 2 zombies?

For those who have it, what do you think of Exo Zombies? I've only played 4 matches solo so far but it's pretty great. Map is a little too small though imo, they also should have included Riot with it.

I would like to call myself a veteran zombies player, 100s of hours playing WAW, BLOPS, Zombies on Android and BLOPS2, here's my take.

Its definitely worth a purchase but in my honest opinion it just doesn't have the iconic sounds, pick ups and names that are associated with zombies to make it an instant classic.

3D printer aka the Mystery Box doesnt have the classic jingle, the narrator calls out the pick ups but doesnt scream them in the classic zombies way, the new "pack a punch" system is inferior to the classic, monkies are replaced with "distraction drones", perk a colas are replaced by exo-abilities etc etc.......

However....

The map is small but it is a really well designed map and flows really quite good. the actor banter is spot on, weapon placement is generally great, no ridiculous ranking system to promote quitting, weapons are awesome, surprisingly the exo suits are balanced and provide great fun and maneuverability,

The one thing that trumps the classic mode is the amount of Zombies there are, dogs, electric dogs, exploding dogs, exo zombies, chargers, infectious zombies, electric zombies, leaking zombies, they all provide a various amount of strategy needed.

The amount of zombies on screen is approx double what we've seen before, its crazy.

Also, supply drops, not sure how I feel about these tbh........

All in all, great fun, I just cant shake off the different feel of the game not being from Treyarch and all.

Xeroblade

I would like to call myself a veteran zombies player, 100s of hours playing WAW, BLOPS, Zombies on Android and BLOPS2, here's my take.

Its definitely worth a purchase but in my honest opinion it just doesn't have the iconic sounds, pick ups and names that are associated with zombies to make it an instant classic.

3D printer aka the Mystery Box doesnt have the classic jingle, the narrator calls out the pick ups but doesnt scream them in the classic zombies way, the new "pack a punch" system is inferior to the classic, monkies are replaced with "distraction drones", perk a colas are replaced by exo-abilities etc etc.......

However....

The map is small but it is a really well designed map and flows really quite good. the actor banter is spot on, weapon placement is generally great, no ridiculous ranking system to promote quitting, weapons are awesome, surprisingly the exo suits are balanced and provide great fun and maneuverability,

The one thing that trumps the classic mode is the amount of Zombies there are, dogs, electric dogs, exploding dogs, exo zombies, chargers, infectious zombies, electric zombies, leaking zombies, they all provide a various amount of strategy needed.

The amount of zombies on screen is approx double what we've seen before, its crazy.

Also, supply drops, not sure how I feel about these tbh........

All in all, great fun, I just cant shake off the different feel of the game not being from Treyarch and all.

This doesnt sound too bad at all. Sounds like almost everything from the previous games are included in some form or another. The small map kind of makes me weary, are their no doors or anything like that to open up?

maneil99

This doesnt sound too bad at all. Sounds like almost everything from the previous games are included in some form or another. The small map kind of makes me weary, are their no doors or anything like that to open up?
The maps got plenty of doors. It's just not huge. I would say on par with the theatre map from black ops 1

When this first came out, I was down on it because to me it was just another Call of Duty and my love affair with Destiny was still in high gear. Well, I finally got tired of Destiny but still love online shooters, I decided to see how the game was tuned with patches. Here we are a few weeks later and I love this game. The exo-suits just make it so fun and once you get use to the evasion tools, you really feel like a futuristic badass. With shotguns being such a huge part of Destinys gameplay, I decided to try the Tac-19 and it might be my favorite new thing I have tried in a CoD game. I don't think it would have been as fun without the exo-suits.

Point is, I really like the direction of this new CoD.

Welp, i guess that's me out of the running for any of the good Elite weapons then unless i get a miraculously good Supply Drop that doesn't contain another pair of knee pads.

Even if i did bother with the Master Prestiges, i couldn't unlock anything until Master Prestige 3 anyway as i have the two unlocks for 1 & 2.

Why did they just not let us pick the weapon we unlocked?

lol the grind is real, 15 more prestiges, sorry, grind levels, to get a designated elite weapon.

SHG trolled everyone.

Such utter bullshit. I'll have no qualms about selling CODAW this year like I gave no shits about selling Ghosts last year. It seems yet again that Treyarch is the only competent COD developer. I hope I am not proven wrong this fall.

Though with SWBF coming out I won't be getting COD anyway until the spring of 2016 anyway.

maneil99

Such utter bullshit. I'll have no qualms about selling CODAW this year like I gave no shits about selling Ghosts last year. It seems yet again that Treyarch is the only competent COD developer. I hope I am not proven wrong this fall.

Though with SWBF coming out I won't be getting COD anyway until the spring of 2016 anyway.
Saltiest comment ever?

fozzy

I was hoping for extra levels. I just can't not prestige lol. Getting an elite every time is nice, but I have most of them (or better versions).

Only want Goliath. Wish there Insanity was there too. Really want to try it out.

Toa TAK

Banned

Wish there, let's not bring Ghosts into this. ;)

I almost forgot about BF. Damn it's gonna be a good fall.

Ensoul

Downloaded the new maps for the pS4. Have to say I am impressed as the maps are great. The Ae4 seems to be overpowered though. I lose almost every gun battle when someone is using it. Seems like 2 or 3 shots and I'm dead.

shanafan

Ghosts is awesome on the Wii U. Treyarch handled the port ;)

nelchaar

Do you guys mind sharing some tips on how to be good at this game? My K/D is 0.79 (and plummeting). It seems like 70% of my deaths are from someone shooting me from the back, or someone I have not spotted killing me.

Hiko

Banned
I have never played a COD game before but this one is tempting me. I've been playing the hell out of Crucible in Destiny and I really like it. But I'm starting to itch for something different. Is the MP in this fun? How does it compare to Destiny? From the videos I've seen it looks easier.

Jaeger

GHZQQlk.jpg

I don't like that the Steed is the first (and only) BAL Elite we can get this way. This just means the one i want, and my most coveted weapon the Inferno is still left up to RNG, which at almost max prestige has yet to work in my favor. I am looking forward to getting the;

Silver Bullet
Sledgehammer
Steel Bite
Speakeasy

I either don't care about the other ones, or already have them.

EDIT - New patch is rolling out today. New LMG. New maps. Grand Master Prestige system is live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZyqxQeGKU

PC, PS3, PS4 should be getting the patch too.

Do you guys mind sharing some tips on how to be good at this game? My K/D is 0.79 (and plummeting). It seems like 70% of my deaths are from someone shooting me from the back, or someone I have not spotted killing me.

Use peripherals perk to learn the spawns.

But sometimes when you kill someone the game just spawns them directly behind you. It is like the blue shell in Mario Kart. Leave No Scrub Behind.

even though this game give you mad jet pack skills, you shouldn't be using it that much. only to get up on high places or evade someone.

let everyone else jump around while you stay put, and shoot them in the back.

Jaeger

When is Ps4 getting the patch?

Awaiting approval. Likely next week.

That armor looks like shit.

Still need that Speakeasy though.

I actually like that armor. :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND we all called it.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/03/03/ability-to-purchase-supply-drops-coming-soon-to-advanced-warfare/

Sledgehammer Games has announced a new feature called ‘Advanced Supply Drops,’ which will be purchasable Supply Drops within Advanced Warfare.

Since the launch of Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and the immense personalization of operator gear and weapon variants, players have been asking for more opportunities to secure additional supply drops. Coming soon, Advanced Supply Drops will be available from the in game store, to give you the chance for more Weapon Loot and Character Gear to customize your operator, as well as Reinforcements (Advanced Supply Drops will not include Rapid Supply or Orbital Care Package Reinforcements). Advanced Supply Drops are optional and do not affect the balance of gameplay.

Here is what you will find in each Advanced Supply Drop:
- Three items.
- At least one weapon variant.
- At least one Professional rarity item or better.
- All items come with their own Armory slot; all items can be redeemed for XP.

In addition to acquiring items from the current rotation, you will also have the opportunity to get unique cosmetic gear items found only within Advanced Supply Drops. Be on the lookout for the Eco Custom Exo, items from the Arctic Gear set, and more!

Available individually and in bundles of 3, 5, and 10, with certain bundles including bonus drops. Players will not receive duplicate items within the same bundle. To start with, there will be a limit to how many items an individual can purchase as we roll this out. In a few weeks, we will remove the limit on purchasing.
Sledgehammer Games has not revealed an ETA yet for when this new feature will be available. We’ll update as we learn more about this.

shanafan

Who else thinks CharlieIntel's comment sections are one of the worst places to visit on the web? If you don't like Call of Duty, then why do the trolls continue to visit the website, read the articles, and then post hate? I personally do not like shrimp. Just not a fan of it. However you don't see me visiting websites on shrimp and commenting that shrimp is awful.

Daffy Duck

You just knew those supply drops would end up being dlc.

It irks me they call them micro dlc and then sell a pack of them for $20.......

They're going to kill the golden goose.

aravuus

Ahahahaha

So instead of making it possible to get the special weapons (elite weapons? can't remember what they're called) in a logical way like, say, completing challenges, you have to either a) play a long fucking time to get to the master prestige levels or b) pay real goddamn money for them

Oh my god I fucking hate this trend, it's absolutely shameless. But I hate the fact that like 1 or 2% of gamers will ever buy these even more, they buy enough to make the publishers massive profits. So thanks to the rich 1 percent, this trend won't be dying any time soon.

I need more FPS games in my life so I can stick to just Treyarch Calladuties in the future. Fuck SHG and IW.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ahahahaha

So instead of making it possible to get the special weapons (elite weapons? can't remember what they're called) in a logical way like, say, completing challenges, you have to either a) play a long fucking time to get to the master prestige levels or b) pay real goddamn money for them

Oh my god I fucking hate this trend, it's absolutely shameless. But I hate the fact that like 1 or 2% of gamers will ever buy these even more, they buy enough to make the publishers massive profits. So thanks to the rich 1 percent, this trend won't be dying any time soon.

I need more FPS games in my life so I can stick to just Treyarch Calladuties in the future. Fuck SHG and IW.

Correction, you have to pay real goddam money for a chance at getting one in a supply drop, which is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a game. Shame on anyone who pays for a supply drop.

aravuus

Oh yeah lmao, that makes it even worse

I'm a tiny bit surprised it took them this long, though. I guess there's always a silver lining.

Top Bottom