• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Jaeger

4OxzmQN.png

Got a chance to try out another person's Inferno yesterday, and I must say it felt good. The higher rate-of-fire with no penalty felt amazing. After one of the two ARX variants, this gun would be really high up on the desired, list. I have the Steed, but the Inferno felt more like "me".

As I posted earlier, I have the whole Maelstrom set. All I need is my fly purple Royalty Gloves and my Fashion-Duty will be complete. The Face-Hammer is a monster. I got destroyed by someone with that a few times. Within a certain distance, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Got a chance to try out another person's Inferno yesterday, and I must say it felt good. The higher rate-of-fire with no penalty felt amazing. After one of the two ARX variants, this gun would be really high up on the desired, list. I have the Steed, but the Inferno felt more like "me".

As I posted earlier, I have the whole Maelstrom set. All I need is my fly purple Royalty Gloves and my Fashion-Duty will be complete. The Face-Hammer is a monster. I got destroyed by someone with that a few times. Within a certain distance, there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Would love to get my hands on a Steel Bite or Pwner. The EM1 in particular's gotten pretty viable since the patch.

Tokubetsu

It's fun (from the times I picked it off dead players) but it's not the best of the ASM1 variants. The best are the Magnitude and Rigor. ;)

Idk. I have the magnitued as well and I still take the Speakeasy over it. If you play aggressively, being able to kill half of a team without reloading is a lot more valuable than extended range. Run it with advanced rifling and you'll often dominate on maps like Urban.

Still hoping an HBR insanity will drop for me soon.

Jaeger

Would love to get my hands on a Steel Bite or Pwner. The EM1 in particular's gotten pretty viable since the patch.

Bro, I want the Steel Bite so bad. And on PC, the owner is literally broken. I only want it to punish people who abuse lasers. I want the Hole Puncher more, but the Steel Bite is gaudy pretty.

Idk. I have the magnitued as well and I still take the Speakeasy over it. If you play aggressively, being able to kill half of a team without reloading is a lot more valuable than extended range. Run it with advanced rifling and you'll often dominate on maps like Urban.

Still hoping an HBR insanity will drop for me soon.

It's all about the game's frame rounding. Guns are coded to shoot one speed but because of the rounding (which is directly connected to the game's FPS) it actually shoots at a different speed. The Speakeasy is strong, but due to the negatives of the gun (the biggest being a little extra recoil due to the slightly bumped rate of fire) and loss of range, it's not the better of the ASM1 variants. It also loses damage at it's maxmium range. It's coded to shoot at 1019RPM, but actually shoots at 900RPM. The original version is coded to shoot at 800RPM but actually shoots at 715RPM. You do get a huge increase in rate of fire, but again at the loss of the kill range. At medium to long distances, the gun despite having the larger mag and faster rof won't kill in fewer shots than the Magnitude and other increased range weapons. Top that off with optional rapid fire and or extended mags attachments, and you have the Speakeasy right there, with better range and damage. But I digress. The Speakeasy is still a monster. And all the ASM1 variants are the best weapons in the game, pretty much. Aside from the BAL.

Jaeger

No luck today on Drops. I feel I have better loot if I open 3 back to back. I know it's random... I know I sound like a gambler.

Jaeger

Earlier today I was able to leech a BAL-27 - Inferno off a corpse during a match. I am certain now that the Inferno is the superior BAL in comparison to the Obsidian Steed, which I do have. The Steed has the distance over the Inferno, true. But the Inferno.... I was doing 3-4 kills at a time consistently. This thing kills enemies QUICK. The rate of fire is ridiculous and far eclipse's the Steed's. In a game where the ROF really determines what gun is best, and not the damage as much, the Inferno performed better. Even if it's just a hair (at least on PC).

Right now, it's my top priority for a supply drop. I hope I can get one, soon.

wait, the PS4 patch is up?

Yep.

bluehat9

Masks don't reset on prestige, right? Finally got a hail mary with the spike drone for the joker mask so now I don't have to ever use them again. Now just need 10 more dom wins for that calling card before prestiging again.

And if someone is still adding people to the ps4 clan, can you add me? PSN name is bluehat9.

SeanR1221

Played yesterday after not playing in a few weeks.

I never knew how good the target enhancer was. I'll never use the red dot again.

Jaeger

Just put in an EVGA GTX 760, from a EVGA GTX 650Ti in my PC so I can properly enjoy the new Call of Duty. And holy shit the difference is night and day. The 650Ti struggles the whole time play. Some maps chug along for several minutes before finally leveling out. Textures are muddy. Every setting was on the lowest setting. It was ridiculous. Now, everything is as max settings. Not a lick of slowdown. It's amazing. Glad I was able to get one brand new off eBay. Some shots from before and after the install. You will notice character models, gun models, and textures and lighting vastly improved.

x

Masks don't reset on prestige, right?

Yea, you keep your gear through each Prestige. Only gun attachment unlocks reset.

It's no fun when everyone is quick scoping in the new maps. I just hopped on yesterday to see them and it was very annoying. Why is everyone doing this?

MickeyPhree

Finally got my k/d back over a 1.0. Is it just me or does every gun suck other than the ASM1. Red dot sight, laser attachment, and quick grip kills everything.

Edit: be down to join the gaf clan on ps4. Psn mickeyphree

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's no fun when everyone is quick scoping in the new maps. I just hopped on yesterday to see them and it was very annoying. Why is everyone doing this?

Probably people who spent most of the time playing one-shot hopping over into the new maps.

Haven't seen many in Urban or Core, but I see them often in the other two maps, and it's because they're fairly open.

Probably people who spent most of the time playing one-shot hopping over into the new maps.

Haven't seen many in Urban or Core, but I see them often in the other two maps, and it's because they're fairly open.

That was my thought exactly. I was like damnnn, back to Exo zombies.

Hoping Quickdraw Grip will really help with that.

I've been playing around with the +damage Ameli ("Subverter"?), and the quickdraw grip seems to bring it to an almost instantaneous ADS. Still haven't settled on a sight for it--I actually think I might like the thermal a bit. Seems to ADS nice and snappy, and nobody ever seems to run Cold Blooded.

All in all though, I don't think it's an especially competitive gun. Ditto for the Pytaek. The EM1 seems to be the most viable heavy, from what I can tell.

I've been playing around with the +damage Ameli ("Subverter"?), and the quickdraw grip seems to bring it to an almost instantaneous ADS. Still haven't settled on a sight for it--I actually think I might like the thermal a bit. Seems to ADS nice and snappy, and nobody ever seems to run Cold Blooded.

All in all though, I don't think it's an especially competitive gun. Ditto for the Pytaek. The EM1 seems to be the most viable heavy, from what I can tell.

Using the Chicanery and it seems to be working pretty well, ADS is what is killing me.

Sojgat

So this was happening for me a couple weeks ago.

Haven't been able to play online MP for the last few days (PS4, Australia).

Just keep getting "The call of duty Advanced Warfare online services are not available at this time" error message.

Anyone know what the deal is?

Popped the game in again today, and I get the same shit.

"The call of duty : Advanced warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later"

All other online games work, and I had no trouble downloading the patch.

What the fuck?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The new maps eventually get rotated in with the other maps right?

I'm tired of having to choose between just the four new maps, or the old ones. Plus I hate getting shoved into Uplink matches when I don't want to play TDM.

Jaeger

The new maps eventually get rotated in with the other maps right?

I'm tired of having to choose between just the four new maps, or the old ones. Plus I hate getting shoved into Uplink matches when I don't want to play TDM.

Eventually they will. Its still not even available on all platforms yet.

Daffy Duck

New micro DLC items dropped on Xbox, now you can buy extra armoury slots for $1.99 as well as extra create-a-class slots at $1.99.

Bravo Activision.

Jaeger

All I want is info on how we will be able to earn Elites outside of Supply Drops. I'm just chasing the Inferno and Hole Puncher right now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't touched FFA all this game yet but I've been playing Gun Game. Jesus the spawns are a mess.

Sucks when you get to the S12, you basically have to be in knifing range, and end up getting melee'd more often than not.

Also the connrctions are almost always terrible in gun game.

Jaeger

I haven't touched FFA all this game yet but I've been playing Gun Game. Jesus the spawns are a mess.

Sucks when you get to the S12, you basically have to be in knifing range, and end up getting melee'd more often than not.

Also the connrctions are almost always terrible in gun game.

I had a litle bit of sputter here and there. But you don't have to be THAT close for the S-12. Also, just mash the shit out of the fire button. No way they will be able to knife after 4 blast to the face.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had a litle bit of sputter here and there. But you don't have to be THAT close for the S-12. Also, just mash the shit out of the fire button. No way they will be able to knife after 4 blast to the face.

Yeah, I've been doing better with it than the MK14 lately, I'm always getting stuck on that gun, never really used it before.

Did they fix the regular sniper scopes yet? I felt like I was missing some shots with the MORS, which I usually use a variable scope on because the regular sights were not centred properly.

Top Bottom