• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

BokehKing

Banned
Not going to lie, ps4, I'm not that technical besides visuals, but there is some stuttering every now and then that's really annoying me in the campaign

Eggbok

Holy crap, definitely not getting the game now. I just read you can only play Zombie Mode if you purchase the season pass. I knew they would do something like this. Really didn't want to be right.

ksbp.gif

Since you can buy the maps individually I doubt the zombies mode is exclusive to Season pass holders. That doesnt make sense.

nikos

Do you receive any MP rewards for playing the campaign in this game? Reason I ask is because I think I'd rather play the campaign on my PS4 and MP on PC.

Not going to lie, ps4, I'm not that technical besides visuals, but there is some stuttering every now and then that's really annoying me in the campaign

Are you sure it's fully downloaded and installed? I saw stutter in shadow of Mordor while it was installing from the disc. Once it finished it ran fine

-PXG-

Mitchell, close the blast doors.

Mitchell, throw a threat grenade

Mitchell, get that gate open

Mitchell, make me a sandwich

Mitchell, tell me a bedtime story

Duxxy3

Do you receive any MP rewards for playing the campaign in this game? Reason I ask is because I think I'd rather play the campaign on my PS4 and MP on PC.

The PC version has excellent controller support. Why not just use the dualshock 4 on the PC version for the campaign?

Hip Hop

Since you can buy the maps individually I doubt the zombies mode is exclusive to Season pass holders. That doesnt make sense.

You can't buy maps individually, but you can buy map packs individually for $15.

But yeah, you gotta pay $15 everytime you want a new zombie map, or pony up for the Season Pass to get the complete package at a $10 discount.

I'm not sure. When the install portion comes up I can hear the fan in the XB1 go into overdrive for a few seconds but then it just goes back to queued
Found the trick brahh!!

Disconnect from the internet then install. It keep tryna download the patch instead of installing

edit: Well if you got physical like me

iratA

Mitchell, close the blast doors.

Mitchell, throw a threat grenade

Mitchell, get that gate open

Mitchell, make me a sandwich

Mitchell, tell me a bedtime story

Um...yeah this what being in the Military is like. Your either giving orders or taking them.

CowntChocula

Neo Member
Same issue as everybody else on XB1 ask to install update then goes from Install/Queued/Install/Queued...Day Zero edition indeed.

Hey, I figured out how to get it to install.

1) Stop the install attempts and take out the disk
2) Go to your games and delete the queued app like you would if you were to uninstall a game you don't want anymore
3) Put the disk back in and when it asks for the update, say no

I think it was the update that was causing the issue. Mine is installing now.

nikos

The PC version has excellent controller support. Why not just use the dualshock 4 on the PC version for the campaign?

Solid 60fps on PS4 rather than 30-60 on my PC, though I'm not sure which version looks better on my current settings (high).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, campaign seems to be locked at 60 fps at 2880x1620 everything maxed. Not bad at all, Sledgehammer. The game looks gorgeously crisp.

Any noobies streaming MP? I can't pick up my copy until tomorrow.

I'm trying too. Pre-loaded the game on Wed. Try to launch "Updating...100%" for the last 30 minutes, tried pausing, restarting the update, unplugged my system and everything. fucking garbo shit, why didn't i just get it on ps4 ugh

For some reason, the unlock for COD required so much more unnecessary space on my SSD that it doesn't have... so I'm going to re-download and play it tomorrow.

Japarican

Banned

2) Go to your games and delete the queued app like you would if you were to uninstall a game you don't want anymore

This works

Just got back from Gamestop. A lot of XB1 versions and bundles, but surprisingly enough there seemed to be almost as many 360 versions as well. I guess 360 owners only buy CoD like they say : p

alterno69

Banned
Man is the Xbox One shit installin games, after the nightmare that was Ryse, i know not to expect to play new games right away lol.

Been enjoying this on my PS4 without ptoblems since friday.

ramuh

I'm trying too. Pre-loaded the game on Wed. Try to launch "Updating...100%" for the last 30 minutes, tried pausing, restarting the update, unplugged my system and everything. fucking garbo shit, why didn't i just get it on ps4 ugh

Sounds like a fucking issue. What are we going to do about it??

Joco

Well after two very laggy games on the PS4 I'm not even going to try until servers are taken care of. Played one game of bots, the game is a very significant change from previous games.

And Jesus Christ, enough with the bitching about zombies being DLC. The game already has a coop horde mode ala MW3 so that is already intended to be the main coop experience. It's not like there isn't any coop mode if you don't buy DLC.

I'm no proponent of DLC at all but this has been annoying me.

BokehKing

Banned
Even though I downloaded the game earlier today on ps4, the MP and co-op is still downloading, what gives? With out rest mode I find myself in a bind, I would like to go to sleep, shame I can't have my ps4 shut off after say 2 hours of inactivity

I'm not at all a cod fan but had a chance to buy this pretty cheap, played a bit of the survival mode on ps4, it seems sort of shit. I like that there's splitscreen options though.

For those on XBOX1 that are getting the Install/Queued loop:

Take out the disc
Go to your Games Queue and Cancel or Uninstall the game
Put the disc back in and when it asks you to Download the 249MB patch tell it to Download later.
The game should install correctly. Rumor is that if you are in the Preview Program it screws With the install

WOW Call of Duty has fallen off in my city.

Gamestop didn't even bother to open for midnight and I was the very first person to pick up the game at Walmart at 12:27

12:27

even yearly sports titles have at least a few people lined up at midnight. Hope I'm not making a mistake

U2NUMB

Picked the game up at 11pm at best buy... awesome .. brought it home.. had issues installing. Stupid Xbox One when there is an update sometimes it really messes the install up, would not start. So had to unplug my X1 from the internet and then it installs...

Anyways, excited to get it early hope it is good.

Saint9806

That worked for me. Thanks!!

Top Bottom