• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Popparoks

Any best buy midnight buyers? My employee was clueless on pre order dlc... Will
I get it emailed to me? I pre ordered online.

I preordered it at Best Buy. I think everything as far as the crossbow and guns are on a piece of paper in the game case. I don't think there was any Best Buy exclusive bonus. I got my copy at 9:00, Gamestop peasants were still in line hehehe.

WOW Call of Duty has fallen off in my city.

Gamestop didn't even bother to open for midnight and I was the very first person to pick up the game at Walmart at 12:27

12:27

even yearly sports titles have at least a few people lined up at midnight. Hope I'm not making a mistake

Idk man. My Gamestop was so packed that they opened at 11:30 instead, even Destiny didn't have this big of a turn out around here.

For those on XBOX1 that are getting the Install/Queued loop:

Take out the disc
Go to your Games Queue and Cancel or Uninstall the game
Put the disc back in and when it asks you to Download the 249MB patch tell it to Download later.
The game should install correctly. Rumor is that if you are in the Preview Program it screws With the install

Thanks this worked for me.

Update.

Went back to Best Buy at 10, walked in and the employee tells me that I can't buy the game since I didn't pre-order it. This despite the fact that BB issued a press release saying exactly the opposite.

So I ended up pre-ordering it on my phone in the store and requesting store pickup and then they let me take a copy. I have to go back on Tuesday to get the $30 trade-in credit for Ghosts since their computers wouldn't allow that to go down either and a manager needs to override it once my preorder goes completely through.

All's well that ends well I guess. Yikes.

ironcreed

Banned
COD has never looked or played this good before. The fast and silky smooth gameplay updated with abilities like boost jump, controlled descent and hover feels like a match made in heaven. I also really love the smart grenades and those that show enemies hidden in smoke. Really great stuff so far.

Question, on XB1 at what percent can you start playing and what does it let you play? Roommate just picked up a CoD XB1 and needs to start downloading.

Edit: The power button noise is different. That's interesting.

I preordered it at Best Buy. I think everything as far as the crossbow and guns are on a piece of paper in the game case. I don't think there was any Best Buy exclusive bonus. I got my copy at 9:00, Gamestop peasants were still in line hehehe.

Awesome.. Yea just opening up now... Thanks !

purg3

slept with Malkin
For those on XBOX1 that are getting the Install/Queued loop:

Take out the disc
Go to your Games Queue and Cancel or Uninstall the game
Put the disc back in and when it asks you to Download the 249MB patch tell it to Download later.
The game should install correctly. Rumor is that if you are in the Preview Program it screws With the install

Thank you, this worked for me. I was starting to get pissed and thought something was wrong with my xbox lol.

Pain

Banned
So they seem to have taken out the number of online players.....cones off to me like they're trying to hide those stats.

LowSignal

Hey, I figured out how to get it to install.

1) Stop the install attempts and take out the disk
2) Go to your games and delete the queued app like you would if you were to uninstall a game you don't want anymore
3) Put the disk back in and when it asks for the update, say no

I think it was the update that was causing the issue. Mine is installing now.

Thanks Cownt!

Mass One

Update.

Went back to Best Buy at 10, walked in and the employee tells me that I can't buy the game since I didn't pre-order it. This despite the fact that BB issued a press release saying exactly the opposite.

So I ended up pre-ordering it on my phone in the store and requesting store pickup and then they let me take a copy. I have to go back on Tuesday to get the $30 trade-in credit for Ghosts since their computers wouldn't allow that to go down either.

All's well that ends well I guess. Yikes.

So are you turning in Ghost then picking up another copy of Advanced Warfare then returning the copy from before? I wanted to traded in ghost at pickup, but I don't know if BB allows trade ins on store pickups.

Sojgat

Thoughts after about 2 hrs of MP:

- Feels like a very different COD.
- Movement options are fantastic.
- ADS aiming feels slightly heavier than usual for COD.
- Looks pretty nice on PS4.
- EM1 laser is pissing me off already (don't know if that's because it's actually good or just because so many people are using it).

Overall I'm digging the shit out of it so far.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Also, anecdotal evidence, but this midnight launch had about a quarter of the people that Destiny did for the GS in my area.

Karak

Thoughts after about 2 hrs of MP:

- Feels like a very different COD.
- Movement options are fantastic.
- ADS aiming feels slightly heavier than usual for COD.
- Looks pretty nice on PS4.
- EM1 laser is pissing me off already (don't know if that's because it's actually good or just because so many people are using it).

Overall I'm digging the shit out of it so far.

Amen brother

Game is Legit awesome. Recommend spending money on pork rinds side dish.

UND3RxOATH

Neo Member
Fun times. Game didn't install fully, just the MP section. I can play a local match and do nothing more. What's the point? 10GB done now. :(

Might as well just go to bed.

Oublieux

New page: Has anyone who ordered from nuuvem gotten their keys yet?

I'm not sure if Nuuvem sells any digital vouchers for consoles, but I did receive my digital PC copy. I didn't get an e-mail notification of any sort though; going into the library showed the key.

Proxy

Okay, first mission is done and I must say I'm really impressed by both the graphics and performance of this game on the PS4.

I'm not sure if Nuuvem sells any digital vouchers for consoles, but I did receive my digital PC copy. I didn't get an e-mail notification of any sort though; going into the library showed the key.
When did you receive it? Might have to contact them. Bought a copy for a gaffer through them and it shows the order as completed but I have no key.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
B1fnpmVCEAEni2s.jpg

Top Bottom