• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Milennia

B1fnpmVCEAEni2s.jpg

A case made specifically for dewritos? I'm in

rjcc

my preload download got stuck at 58, but apparently I have enough to play multiplayer (XB1)

just off the multiplayer - whoa.

Japarican

Banned
Also, anecdotal evidence, but this midnight launch had about a quarter of the people that Destiny did for the GS in my area.

I didn't check GS, but my BB had 10 people. GS usually has 100 with 4 stores in a 5-mile radius. This was my first time doing Best Buy as well since I save 22 bucks each purchase

Karak

My review based on mostly xbox 360, some Ps4, and some Xbox One.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta12T1xso2k

If you don't like my style of reviews easy enough-
Its a damn fine game with some pacing issues in the campaign and some issues with the awesome exo suits only being useful in specific parts of campaign levels.
Sound is a bit lackluster
Entire voice cast does a great job.

MP is fucking phenomenal to the point of being a legit surprise and is a perfect buffet of awesomeness. The sheer breadth of choices and setups is insane and the additions of the boost, shield and a couple other specific changes makes the game feel unique..

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You let your 8 year old son play CoD?

This is why I hated standing in line. I saw a bunch of parents with their kids who looked like they were under 10 years of age. lol I grew up with the ratings system before the ESRB, so I really get annoyed when people speak out about it or they complain about their kids playing games. It's their choice. The person has to be 17+ to purchase it.

I'm not at that age anymore where my folks are buying my games for me. I'm in full control and I don't even have kids. I get pissed when people piss on my values for liking M rated games, but that's their problem. They can complain all they want. I've been gaming long enough to know the content. I'd say CoD isn't for kids, but parents really don't know how to explain better fiction to them. Look at all the dumb down kids shows on the market. Something like CoD is perfect. I just think it gets too much attention by people wanting to stop M rated games. Who gives a sh*t? Creativity in the form of violence has existed for generations and will remain a great form of entertainment. Censoring all that just controls a society and the progression of art, plus the game is fun as hell to rage through.

I have this huge pet peeve when people get on the defense all of the sudden with violence. They played it when they were younger and now they feel like fighting it. When I went to a midnight launch once I swear I saw this old friend I use to have sitting across at a StarBucks with a friend. Well, he went to be a pastor (casting out the fun of shooting stuff in video games), even though he played a ton of Halo. lol I thought it was creepy that people would do this. This is exactly how I feel when video games get attacked by the media. Sorry for the small rant, but I get this stupid f*cking feeling once in a while and my old/not really friend(s) friends are these BF fans with their MP-friends jokes, so I don't get to say this a lot.

A case made specifically for dewritos? I'm in

That's a true believer.

Has anyone else bought the digital PS3/PS4 version for the cross buy? I bought it on the PS3 but it's still not letting me get the PS4 version for free. I guess I'll have to wait until later in the day for that? Kind of silly. You'd think it would be automatic once the game is launched but I guess not. But I was wondering if anyone has downloaded both versions yet.

I'm so confused.

Most of streams on twitch I've watched the people playing haven't enjoyed it all that much.

I come on GAF and you guys are loving it.

Karak

I'm so confused.

Most of streams on twitch I've watched the people playing haven't enjoyed it all that much.

I come on GAF and you guys are loving it.

There are a metric shit ton of streams because the ones I went to the people were liking it even more than I thought was rational and that was like 7 minutes ago.

D23

Very impressed with this. Going in with a low expectations and i must say.. This is a good game. Graphics looks veryy good

Was well over 100 people at my gamestop at midnight, and it's not even close to a city.

Yep. It definitely looks like it's going to do very well.

Also, it does seem like it's the patch that's causing the issue. I followed that quickfix and it appears to be perfectly fine now. I don't think we will be able to use the "ready to start" feature (appeared around 26% for me) without installing the update though.

However, I do have to admit that the install time is slower than other recent games like Sunset/NBA 2K15/Destiny, but I guess I'll just get a match or two of the Evolve alpha in because between Sunset and this I probably won't touch it again lol

ironcreed

Banned
Everyone will jump on me but this is the most fun I have EVER had in a Call of Duty game.

Not at all. It looks and plays better than ever. They finally moved forward and did something different with it by adding something fresh to the standard silky smooth gameplay. COD is back for me.

Karak

Very impressed with the game. Wasn't expecting it to be this solid. Graphics are very good too. Smooth experience.

Agreed. One of the big surprises for this year with Sunset Overdrive.

Not at all. It looks and plays better than ever. They finally moved forward and did something different with it by adding something fresh to the standard silky smooth gameplay. COD is back for me.
I am stoked to see so many people responding the same way I did when I first played. Total surprise

My install on Xbox one was ready to play so I started the game at 50% It needs an update. It then got stuck in a loop of queued/installing over and over again.

I like my Xbox one but the install times are painfully slow. I think I'm going digital from now on. It's been 45 mins and I'm still installing for the second time.

Geez. Can I please get some reference points to how you guys like MP? I dont know who to trust.

Been done with the series since Blops 1, but you guys... you guys are hyping me up.

Keep in mind that I love COD4 as the pinnacle, with Blops and WaW up there.

I know it's a different COD, but:

-how are map designs? MW3, and Blops 2 felt forgettable or just bad.

-How are spawns? COD4 always felt predictable and logical (these are positives). No random crap that I felt spoiled games like MW3.

-how is the time to kill? Again, COD4 and Blops felt perfect to me, while games like MW2/3 and Blops 2 felt too fast

I know this game is as fast and chaotic as ever, but if there's some sensibility to map design, I am just getting enticed at the thought of getting hooked to COD like the good old days.

Also, how are the game modes? Is SnD anything like COD4, which felt thrilling and awesome due to map design and sound design?

I'd really like to get a sense for this game...I have ignored it completely and now you guys are hyping it.

Spiderduff

My install on Xbox one was ready to play so I started the game at 50% It needs an update. It then got stuck in a loop of queued/installing over and over again.

I like my Xbox one but the install times are painfully slow. I think I'm going digital from now on. It's been 45 mins and I'm still installing for the second time.

oh good this happened to me. Wasn't sure if it was just mine. was about to post to see if it was an issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Top Bottom