• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Didn't decide to preload until exactly 9PM..Game's still downloading but I was able to test out the gameplay in lan. The game play feels really smooth and I like the exo movements. Gonna go do something else for an hour while it finishes downloading.

sinnergy

Cutscene graphics best I have seen this gen. Gameplay also looks very good. Their AA solution also seems to work, the IQ looks very nice on Xbox One.

But I can't get into MP on Xbox One? Is this normal?

Wilde

Again, anyone know how to access the Atlas Deluxe Content and pre-order content? It says I have it downloaded but I can't find it in game.

I watched robocop when I was like 9. I have no clue why the hell I was allowed to see that movie.

I watched Robocop, Terminator, Toxic Avenger and other mindless violent movies (Commando, Rambo etc) when i was 4-5 years old. I am an upstanding citizen :-D, my love of violence is purely fiction based. I am pretty easy going and non confrontational.

alterno69

Banned
This is why I hated standing in line. I saw a bunch of parents with their kids who looked like they were under 10 years of age. lol I grew up with the ratings system before the ESRB, so I really get annoyed when people speak out about it or they complain about their kids playing games. It's their choice. The person has to be 17+ to purchase it.

I'm not at that age anymore where my folks are buying my games for me. I'm in full control and I don't even have kids. I get pissed when people piss on my values for liking M rated games, but that's their problem. They can complain all they want. I've been gaming long enough to know the content. I'd say CoD isn't for kids, but parents really don't know how to explain better fiction to them. Look at all the dumb down kids shows on the market. Something like CoD is perfect. I just think it gets too much attention by people wanting to stop M rated games. Who gives a sh*t? Creativity in the form of violence has existed for generations and will remain a great form of entertainment. Censoring all that just controls a society and the progression of art, plus the game is fun as hell to rage through.

I have this huge pet peeve when people get on the defense all of the sudden with violence. They played it when they were younger and now they feel like fighting it. When I went to a midnight launch once I swear I saw this old friend I use to have sitting across at a StarBucks with a friend. Well, he went to be a pastor (casting out the fun of shooting stuff in video games), even though he played a ton of Halo. lol I thought it was creepy that people would do this. This is exactly how I feel when video games get attacked by the media. Sorry for the small rant, but I get this stupid f*cking feeling once in a while and my old/not really friend(s) friends are these BF fans with their MP-friends jokes, so I don't get to say this a lot.

That's a true believer.

He only plays with bots, no campaign or online on his own.

Ombala

Holy crap, definitely not getting the game now. I just read you can only play Zombie Mode if you purchase the season pass. I knew they would do something like this. Really didn't want to be right.

ksbp.gif
Ouch just when I got excited from all the positive impressions in this thread .
I guess Activision just doing there thing.

I watched Terminator 2 when I was 6 or 7.

I turned out alright.

I edited my post right after you quoted me. Look, I played DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D and other games when I was about 6 or 7 and I turned out fine as well, so I would never claim that these games inherently and always make you crazy, violent or messed up, nor movies for that matter.

What does matter is that games today are infinitely more realistic than when I was young, and a young person's mind cannot properly set apart fiction and reality until the age of 12/13, which is when the brain develops in that area, not to mention all the adult themes and plotlines that appear in games today, online chatting through headsets, online messaging, realistic graphics etc. which is why I think eight is too young, at least unsupervised.

Now of course every child is different and some can handle certain things earlier than other kids, but generally speaking I am just not a fan of such young kids playing online first person shooters all by themselves. There's a million other games that such kids can play until they can reach the more mature stuff.

Again, do what you want, I'm not accusing anyone of being a bad parent, but I think there are bounds of reason with these things...

SZips

I've had massive framerate hitching on the PC version playing two rounds of multiplayer just now. Is there anything specific I should disable or tone down? I kept AA relatively in check (left it at whatever the default was, one up from FXAA).

I didn't expect it to be this much of an issue with an i5-2500k and 770GTX (4GB).

Cutscene graphics best I have seen this gen. Gameplay also looks very good. Their AA solution also seems to work, the IQ looks very nice on Xbox One.

But I can't get into MP on Xbox One? Is this normal?

I did play the campaign but after the cutscene and you're controlling the guy. The graphics still don't look better than Battlefield 4's IMO. The cutscene graphics are really good tho.

BokehKing

Banned
I edited my post right after you quoted me. Look, I played DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D and other games when I was about 6 or 7 and I turned out fine as well, so I would never claim that these games inherently and always make you crazy, violent or messed up, nor movies for that matter.

What does matter is that games today are infinitely more realistic than when I was young, and a young person's mind cannot properly set apart fiction and reality until the age of 12/13, which is when the brain develops in that area, not to mention all the adult themes and plotlines that appear in games today, online chatting through headsets, online messaging, realistic graphics etc. which is why I think eight is too young, at least unsupervised.

Now of course every child is different and some can handle certain things earlier than other kids, but generally speaking I am just not a fan of such young kids playing online first person shooters all by themselves. There's a million other games that such kids can play until they can reach the more mature stuff.

Again, do what you want, I'm not accusing anyone of being a bad parent, but I think there are bounds of reason with these things...
When I was 8 we didn't have ratings in games, console games, I think the most violent game then was maybe double dragon?

All that matters is I don't need to hear an 7 year old cursing me out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for you guys that finished, confirmed 4-5 hours as usual?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Graphics are good from what i have seen HOWEVER the thing that kills it is the facial animations, or lack of facial animations. I saw a cutscene where kevin's character is yelling and the only thing showing emotion is his mouth, it looks like he had botox done and is stuck in a coma.

QUESTION HOWEVER how good is the customisation for your player in multiplayer can you customise you face, etc.

Graphics are good from what i have seen HOWEVER the thing that kills it is the facial animations, or lack of facial animations. I saw a cutscene where kevin's character is yelling and the only thing showing emotion is his eyebrows, it looks like he had botox done and is stuck in a coma.

QUESTION HOWEVER how good is the customisation for your player in multiplayer can you customise you face, etc.

Yeah it's crazy how even this new gen still can't really catch up with games like Beyond Two Souls or LA Noire in the facial animation department.

Infamous SS actually did pretty damn good there though

Killer

Banned
Oh man, that's brutal. I've gone all digital on my Xbone so I've never had to experience the wait. I didn't realize it was that long. You can't play while it installs?

It said ready to play halfway through, but i want to get it fully installed before i jump into the game.

So I got this on PC through cdkeysdiscount, and it's still locked. Is there any way for me to unlock it early via VPN or something?

About 30 minutes till the MP is ready. Man, so I originally bought from Amazon but ended up just preloading at the last moment. Stupid impulsivity.

Korten

Banned
Hm... Getting kind of worried, my game is on delievery, and the last update was: 11/01/2014 7:17 A.M. Departure Scan...

I really hope it didn't get lost... It should be noted that where it last updated was only an hour away from where I live. At least a rough estimate.

Randam

Holy crap CoD still doesn't have dedicated servers? How did this happen?
Why should they spend money for that?

People buy it regardless.
They complain about the connection for sometime.
They say they won't buy a cod game ever again if it doesn't have servers, and then a year later they buy the next entry..

Apt101

Wow. This a good game (playing the campaign). I usually nitpick FPS's from the get go but no complaints. I am loving this so far.

Hip Hop

Leaderboards are very barebones in this.

You can't even see other peoples stats in the lobby.

very disappointing.

Top Bottom