• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

GenericUser

Reading all these impressions and have to wait will next weeks wednesday before I can start playing

trauma3L.jpg

iratA

for you guys that finished, confirmed 4-5 hours as usual?

Haven't finished just yet, but the eye candy and presentation in this installment is the best its ever been. I would go as far to say its presentation is equal to some of the most cinematic games from any genre. You could easily make an argument of Quality over Quantity here. Although good length is always nice.

purg3

slept with Malkin
jesus, instal took forever on xbox one. And now have to wait for the update. Probably won't even get to play now that it's already 1:30 am lol....

Hurley

Getting some strange freezing on PS4...

In single or multi?

I was getting some slight stuttering in singleplayer this morning, like it would hitch for a second and it did it a few times throughout the level and my game was fully downloaded although it was downloading a patch that just came out so that could be why.

Played the first mission and one game of MP and I'm in love. The abilities, man it really does make a huge difference in how you can play the multiplayer. It feels like COD but it really has evolved to a point where it should have a few iterations back.

I have to go to bed now but I can't wait to really sink some time into this game tomorrow.

sinnergy

I did play the campaign but after the cutscene and you're controlling the guy. The graphics still don't look better than Battlefield 4's IMO. The cutscene graphics are really good tho.

It does look better than BF4, because this is 900p and has a better AA solution. BF4 was 720p on Xbox one.

Lighting also looks better to me.

My Xbox One (boxed) install is still taking for-fucking-ever (currently 63 percent), but did manage to play three levels from the campaign. Even those three levels were better than the entirety of Ghosts.

Not spent anytime in MP yet, though.

npa189

IQ on X1 looks really good, I've stopped caring about the Ps, I like XBL better then PSN, and I've done most of my gaming on the X1 this past month, so its convient. Spacey is awesome as usual. Need to get my COD legs back for online play, but this seems like a solid game so far.

Etnos

Banned
I'm liking the visual overhaul to the campaign, sadly corridor shooter gameplay is as dull as ever. I still need to try multiplayer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haven't finished just yet, but the eye candy and presentation in this installment is the best its ever been. I would go as far to say its presentation is equal to some of the most cinematic games from any genre. You could easily make an argument of Quality over Quantity here. Although good length is always nice.

as much as I enjoy the COd campaigns (and I do, quite a bit), I dont do multiplayer so I always wait until its 50% off (so I always play them 1 year late), which is fine since not doing multiplayer means you dont need to be part of the release day zeitgeist, but GMG having it for 45 is tempting me

Infected feels off with the suits

I hope classic infected gets added to the mix since I loved throwing knives so much , that spike drone thing does nothing
Plus I hate that sniper pistol thing

Infected :(

Really need to try each gun but ak12 is decent for a starter gun, went 20-3 last game with that and my running falcon punches :p

CryptiK

For those that asked me to expand on why it is bad:

1. TTK is low as way to noob friendly.
2. A high profile PC FPS game in 2014 still has P2P.
3. P2P and Dedicated hybrid is disgusting
4.They somehow went backward again with the movement in comparison to COD4.
5. What recoil? That right there isn't any this game is easy as fuck there is no challenge.
6. PC with a locked frame rate? WHAT YEAR IS IT! 91 FPS lock is fucking stupid.
7. Windows 8.1 and COD still have that mouse problem that because its the same engine since COD2
8. Still no server browser.. But I can only guess we can contribute that to it being shit tier P2P.

Theres more but I can't be fucked going on. They need to go back to COD4 and look at what they did right to move on.

Drifters

5. What recoil? That right there isn't any this game is easy as fuck there is no challenge.
7. Windows 8.1 and COD still have that mouse problem that because its the same engine since COD2
8. Still no server browser.. But I can only guess we can contribute that to it being shit tier P2P.

Theres more but I can't be fucked going on. They need to go back to COD4 and look at what they did right to move on.

Well I'm glad I'll be skipping this turd bomb.

I play Call of duty for arcade style not serious fun

I noticed no recoil and infinite steady guns when firing but I'm still enjoying it

Lag spikes suck though :/

Sadly I think it needs to be accepted that cod on the pc is an afterthought and has been for a while. People are just happy that it isn't a shit port like ghosts but asking for bells and whistles is just pushing it when it comes to console first games. Especially if its Call of Duty.

Wilde

...so I guess I'll just ask on every page. How do I access the Atlas Deluxe Content and pre-order content? It says I have it downloaded but I can't find it in game.

I see a ton of peole using them, so I know they work.

purg3

slept with Malkin
...so I guess I'll just ask on every page. How do I access the Atlas Deluxe Content and pre-order content? It says I have it downloaded but I can't find it in game.

I see a ton of peole using them, so I know they work.

just showed up under new items for me

So while I wait for Best Buy to push the button to send digital codes out, anybody have any advice on loadouts? I like to play fast, light and sneaky. is that something that works here or will I need to change my style a bit?

legacyzero

Banned
In single or multi?

I was getting some slight stuttering in singleplayer this morning, like it would hitch for a second and it did it a few times throughout the level and my game was fully downloaded although it was downloading a patch that just came out so that could be why.
Multiplayer. Just would freeze for like 5 seconds.

It will also just sit there and watch my dead body for like 5 seconds while loading the killcam.

Top Bottom