• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Sound design is the biggest improvement in this game. Great gun sounds, no constant football music, and some nice atmospheric echo and whatnot. Impressed.

Hip Hop

Trying to go above my usual 2.0+ K/D.

This is definitely challenging. I'll get there though.

Free For All is a blast.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Cutscene graphics best I have seen this gen. Gameplay also looks very good. Their AA solution also seems to work, the IQ looks very nice on Xbox One.

But I can't get into MP on Xbox One? Is this normal?

I dont get these impressions :/

AA is terrible on the PS4 version. Its shocking! and I have a ISF calibrated Viera.

Etnos

Banned
I can't tell if this is "The best COD to date" but man, The production values are off the chart, they really put some money into this one.

I played one multiplayer quick game before bed. I love the rocket jump thing, feels and sounds great. However, I do not like the auto correction on the ledges. If I miss my landing, I should miss it.

Might pick this up tomorrow, though I forgot to switch to XBO, which makes the preorder pretty useless if I go make the switch.

Then again, I have no idea what that stuff included was, so it may not even matter like 90% of preorder content.

Qwell

Bought the ps4 version on the Web store and made sure it said it gave both the ps3 and ps4 versions... However it only gave it to my ps4 library. Hopefully it shows up on my ps3 library tomorrow.

Hurley

So what sensitivity are people using?

PS4 version here and I've settled on 13 for now, still feel like I could raise it a bit higher though.

Red Comet

Alright, after completing the first two campaign missions and playing three games of TDM, I've got to hit the sack. I really, really like what I've played so far. Even in my exhausted state I was kicking ass online, so I can wait to see how I do tomorrow.

Very curious to see if all the "Holy shit I can't believe how good this is!" posts turn into "it....actually sucks" in the morning lol.

Hype and tiredness can be a cruel impairment of judgement.

That said I really do want to try it for myself...seems like Sledgehammer did some good things.

squadr0n

Need to take a break from Destiny till the DLC comes out and want something to hold me over till Inquisiotion. If I go into GameStop tomorrow to pick this up, will they sell me a copy or give me shit for not preordering?

Rizific

For those that asked me to expand on why it is bad:

1. TTK is low as way to noob friendly.
2. A high profile PC FPS game in 2014 still has P2P.
3. P2P and Dedicated hybrid is disgusting
4.They somehow went backward again with the movement in comparison to COD4.
5. What recoil? That right there isn't any this game is easy as fuck there is no challenge.
6. PC with a locked frame rate? WHAT YEAR IS IT! 91 FPS lock is fucking stupid.
7. Windows 8.1 and COD still have that mouse problem that because its the same engine since COD2
8. Still no server browser.. But I can only guess we can contribute that to it being shit tier P2P.

Theres more but I can't be fucked going on. They need to go back to COD4 and look at what they did right to move on.
That's a shame, after realizing that the cod franchise turned to shit after mw2 I was genuinely interested in this one. I'll wait for more reviews from PC player perspectives to make my final decision. But the p2p bullshit pretty much sealed the deal.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
It does look better than BF4, because this is 900p and has a better AA solution. BF4 was 720p on Xbox one.

Lighting also looks better to me.

Texture work and poly count ain't nowhere near. In my opinion that's where it counts. BF4 is hard to beat in the graphic department.

Getting adrenaline spikes, woo. It's early, but shit is good multiplayer wise. If you want shotgun to be effective, use the speed boost exo ability and slide a lot.

zonezeus

Fucking hell I can't even run it, I'm just getting "DirectX error. Check readme." and the game won't even start. Fucking day zero indeed...

Outside of the Options Menu not being available outside of missions in SP (Why?) I'm not seeing any problems with the PC version for me. I have a Core i5-4690K & R9 290X and switched almost all of the settings to their max (left supersampling and both of the cache options off). The game looks great and plays smoothly.

I can't give any opinions on MP because I never went into a match. I just loaded it up long enough to make sure all of the DLC was there. The Advanced Arsenal (Bullet Brass Exo & EM1 Quantum) look awesome. That DLC tied to the Mountain Dew/Doritos promotion does work on the PC version and it looks...ok (well at least the pieces I have unlocked)

Top Bottom