• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Femto.

How long does it typically take the CoD community to reach a consensus about each iteration?

Last CoD I seriously enjoyed was BO1, I liked BO2 but I played it for about a month since my friends dropped the series.

Bought Ghosts, traded it in a few days later. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Because I'm on the fence of buying BF4 + premium or this on PS4. (Yes apples and oranges but I need my FPS fix, BF4 is still crapping on me on my PC and I have no interest in Hardline.)

Well I'm off to bed. I love all the maps I played, but my favorite is probably the prison one. Hot damn that's a great map. I'm glad they actually listened to a lot of the criticisms of Ghosts and made a great game. This is probably the best one for me since MW2. Gonna sink a LOT of time into it. Glad I prrordered. Kudos to Sledgehammer.......

Question for guys who are on MP. Was watching a twitch stream and this dude got a new gun from a battle pack after a MP game. Is that how you unlock new weapons in this game or are ALL of the guns unlockable after a certain level or experience (like BLOPs 2)?

Namikaze

Loving this game so far, the eco suit is a really nice touch. I don't really find the graphics all that impressive (looks like Black Ops 2 in 1080) but the 60FPS multiplayer is great. Will play tomorrow with some friends.

Edit: it's really nice how you can customize your character now too

Goomba64

Banned
HOW TO GET YOUR FREE PS4 UPGRADE
You have to "rebuy" your PS3 version. Once you do this it will allow you to grab the PS4 copy.

Question for guys who are on MP. Was watching a twitch stream and this dude got a new gun from a battle pack after a MP game. Is that how you unlock new weapons in this game or are the guns unlockable after a certain level or experience (like BLOPs 2)?

They are unlock able just like all the other ones except you can get better versions of guns in battle packs. Also the inventory count for stuff from battle packs is 75 so that sounds like there is a lot of stuff you can earn. It's pretty awesome.

catmario

Is there anyone who tried to Cross buy at Playstation store? Can we get PS3 version even if you didn't have PS3?

And There is a report that this function is not working now.

Rizzi

My internet has been down since yesterday. So here I sit playing the campaign when all I want is to jump online and shoot mans.

Well I'm off to bed. I love all the maps I played, but my favorite is probably the prison one. Hot damn that's a great map. I'm glad they actually listened to a lot of the criticisms of Ghosts and made a great game. This is probably the best one for me since MW2. Gonna sink a LOT of time into it. Glad I prrordered. Kudos to Sledgehammer.......

IW makes game.
Treyarch addresses complaints about it with their game.
IW ignores the criticisms and makes the same game again.

Been that way since MW2.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The bosting feels awkward to me. So far I only really use the double jump and forward boost in the air (double jump the boost). Boosting back and sideways doesn't seem to cover much distance? Although I guess it can get you into cover or something?

They are unlock able just like all the other ones except you can get better versions of guns in battle packs. Also the inventory count for stuff from battle packs is 75 so that sounds like there is a lot of stuff you can earn. It's pretty awesome.

O, so the battle packs will give you a few things out of the 75. Cool.

Considering the solid reviews in this thread and elsewhere on the internet, might just pick this game up now.

Apt101

This is up there with CoD 4 for me. Awesome awesome game.

Same. This game is kicking ass. Fun and I am enjoying the story and acting. This game is taking me back mang.

I have the graphics cranked all the way up on i7-4790s, 12 GB RAM, GTX 660, 1080 and highest frame rate, haven't noticed any drops or anything. Looks gorgeous.

SZips

The SP campaign looks gorgeous so far and runs incredibly well. Now if only I can figure out just why MP runs like ass for me (hitching and that's with slightly reduced settings compared to SP).

Karak

The bosting feels awkward to me. So far I only really use the double jump and forward boost in the air (double jump the boost). Boosting back and sideways doesn't seem to cover much distance? Although I guess it can get you into cover or something?

It can easy get you out of danger with the way the levels are set up using it to boost left or right behind cover. Boosting backwards is a little bit like trying to outrun a bullet though. Well it is exactly that actually.

Just managed to play a couple rounds before going to Uni and the game really is surprisingly fun.
Now I just need some more people to play it with.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ran into my first instance of some dumbass playing music while playing. Also...lot of people with terrible sounding mics on ps4? Is the stock earbud/mic bad quality?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Maybe I need a new TV guys. I have a panasonic Gt30 calibrated. I thought it was a decent tv, apparently not...

everyone seems to be impressed with AW graphics and on my TV its jaggy and blurry as hell.

catmario

Oops. It seems that Cross buy or Upgrade function is unstable. There is some reports that that functions are not working. Activision need to fix that.

Karak

Tac-19 shotgun is amazing.

Damn it you like it? I wasn't a fan. I need to go back. My job lately has been to SMG everyone to death while boosting around levels like the fucking roadrunner hahahaha. I try to stay out of shotgun range but doesn't always work.
Regardless the MP is really making people rethink some stuff which is awesome. Every game I am seeing someone do something new that I hadn't thought of.

Bgamer90

Banned
Not really liking some of the maps In multiplayer. Still a solid game so far though. Definitely better than I expected it to be.

Top Bottom