• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

So far... 2 crashes and 1 lockup on PS4.
Played a bit of the campaign, seems slightly interesting. Multi has actually been much more fun 'so far' than I originally thought it would be. Leaps over ghosts at this point at the very least.
Still looking for groupies on ps4 so hit me up.

Damn it you like it? I wasn't a fan. I need to go back. My job lately has been to SMG everyone to death while boosting around levels like the fucking roadrunner hahahaha. I try to stay out of shotgun range but doesn't always work.
Regardless the MP is really making people rethink some stuff which is awesome. Every game I am seeing someone do something new that I hadn't thought of.

Now I'm just imaging someone going around the map yelling out "Beep Beep Motherf*rs" the whole time...lol

Karak

Got a really good game with the first bolt action sniper rifle...lots of one shot kills in this one. For the first time in history the PS4's share function worked flawlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eutjbUyXhA

Couple great shots in there.

Now I'm just imaging someone going around the map yelling out "Beep Beep Motherf*rs" the whole time...lol

I did into the mic(he is one of my favorite cartoon characters). I was quickly told to perform some kind of sexual act on my mother.

Milennia

TB had good things to say about the game which actually blows my mind

Can't wait for this, need to until Friday though :///

Sojgat

Damn it you like it? I wasn't a fan. I need to go back. My job lately has been to SMG everyone to death while boosting around levels like the fucking roadrunner hahahaha. I try to stay out of shotgun range but doesn't always work.
Regardless the MP is really making people rethink some stuff which is awesome. Every game I am seeing someone do something new that I hadn't thought of.

Been getting in close with hip fire. Sometimes it takes two shots but you don't have to do a lot of aiming. Just keep moving.

Couple great shots in there.

I did into the mic(he is one of my favorite cartoon characters). I was quickly told to perform some kind of sexual act on my mother.

It's not officially a new CoD until you've been cussed out or given a death threat (or both?) so you're ready now...lol

Karak

Been getting in close with hip fire. Sometimes it takes two shots but you don't have to do a lot of aiming. Just keep moving.
Ya I stay on the move almost constantly but shotguns are always my slowest to learn weapon for some reason. Every game:(

It's not officially a new CoD until you've been cussed out or given a death threat (or both?) so you're ready now...lol
Ha so true. I don't think they expected me to talk back because after a couple moments one of them started raging about what I said like he was elevating to another dimensional plane. Then he left.

Daffy Duck

It's pretty incredible how much they've nailed this game!

I spent a few hours playing it and it's bloody great! Controls work so well and whilst it's crazy with people everywhere it's not rage enduring.

Bravo sledgehammer!

knitoe

The MP punishes you for moving around. Campy playstyles will rule this just like ghosts.

I was afraid of this when the multiplayer trailers were shown. It's only going to get worse once the freshness is gone and people get settle in. Currently, I am going through the campaign. So far, the story is totally garbage.

Ya I stay on the move almost constantly but shotguns are always my slowest to learn weapon for some reason. Every game:(

Ha so true. I don't think they expected me to talk back because after a couple moments one of them started raging about what I said like he was elevating to another dimensional plane. Then he left.

Yeah...I play for fun and to try and have a good time...if I do poorly then ok and if I do ok then that's fine too...if I get into a game where people are freaking out and acting like asses I just leave...don't have the patience for that anymore

Karak

Yeah...I play for fun and to try and have a good time...if I do poorly then ok and if I do ok then that's fine too...if I get into a game where people are freaking out and acting like asses I just leave...don't have the patience for that anymore

Yep. Indeed.

tookhster

As someone who has bought and been disappointed with every CoD after MW2, I'm honestly surprised with how good this is. The campaign actually has some nice moments and characters and holy moly is it beautiful. Kinda reminded me of Killzone Shadowfall at some parts. Multiplayer has been fun so far but it's too early to tell. The maps are a huge step up from Ghosts and I haven't found one that completely sucks.

The only downside so far for me is how there's almost no music during the campaign. It just feels awkward at some points when there's no talking, no music, and all you hear are bullets for long periods of time.

But yeah, for me, it's the best CoD in years. I'm actually shocked.

Matt

Is anyone else on the PS4 seeing that the voices in the cutscenes are horribly out of sync with the facial animations?

Randam

When talking about ttk, what exactly do you mean?
Because the time it took to kill someone was fine in ghosts.
The time to die/getting killed was too fast.
But only on your end, because if shitty netcode.

Mahnmut

Got the PS4 version yesterday in Germany. Framerate is a smooth as hell 60fps locked 99% of the time, no more Ghosts drops. The graphics are nice but not jaw dropping. Did a few missions of SP : classic single player CoD experience : explosions, dude bros moments, scripts, QTEs but it's fun... MP seems great : the few maps I've played are very nice and the frame rate is also rock solid. Seems to be a good iteration of the franchise.

Karak

On the more open maps (like that big jungle one), I agree. Tighter vertical maps you dominate with movement.

Agreed. It seems a perfect mix for most places though I still move a shit ton on the larger maps. You just have to be smarter than the other places and use dem perks right.

I don't think it looks good at all, on Xbox one at least. (Multiplayer.)

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Man, I'm getting absolutely worked. It seems like everybodys always got the drop on my no matter what I do. If I kill someone, I'm near guaranteed to have his nearby buddy find me and get me from an angle I wasn't expecting. Am I just shit or what?

Karak

Man, I'm getting absolutely worked. It seems like everybodys always got the drop on my no matter what I do. If I kill someone, I'm near guaranteed to have his nearby buddy find me and get me from an angle I wasn't expecting. Am I just shit or what?

Follow someone on your side to buddy up as well.

Hip Hop

I don't mean actual pairs, I just mean nearby enemies seem to always manage to seek me out. I know I'm pinging when I shoot or exo, but jeez. I never seem to have nearly as good luck when the reverse occurs.

There's a perk that stops showing you on the map when you use your exo. In my opinion, it's a must. Very easy to target someone else using exo.

ttony678

Neo Member
First time preordering a game, but GameStop hasn't sent me my download code and even on the order history page there is empty white space next to where I believe the download code should be. Did they mess up? I pre ordered the downloadable version today around 10am.

Edit: it's for ps3

a916

Um, is there a way to git rid of those annoying names that pop up anytime someone is talking?

Who thought putting them in the middle of your screen was a smart idea?

Um, is there a way to git rid of those annoying names that pop up anytime someone is talking?

Who thought putting them in the middle of your screen was a smart idea?

I've seen that in one of the videos someone posted here...I'd imagine (hope) that would be something that is patched soon

Top Bottom