• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Foshy

Is 4-player splitscreen back?

I'm on mobile and can't search for single posts, so sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered 10 times already

Pikma

Banned
What? IW's CoDs?
image.php

It's getting decent reviews but I don't want it to be like titan fall where its only good for a while until it gets boring/repetitive. Think I'll wait till the "Hype" dies down a little.

Does anyone know if it has that one time online registration crap that they were doing for a while? So I can redbox it and decide.

Either I'm picking this up or its GTAV on PS4 in a couple of weeks.

CoolZombie

My copy was despatched from Game on Saturday but I doubt it will arrive today 😢 Gutted cos this looks amazing (plus I got it for free with my Game loyalty share money!)

Readingaid

Neo Member
I havent bought COD In years, the last one I got was MW2 and almost instantly got rid of it as I was tired of the same ols shit.

THIS I felt the same about, I saw trailers and gameplay and was instantly bored but as release grew closer I found myself watching gameplay vids and being drawn in by the mech style movement and what seems to be innovative ideas and lo and behold its on my HDD waiting for when I finish work.

I hate to say this but im bloody excited for this.

Rosur

Is 4-player splitscreen back?

I'm on mobile and can't search for single posts, so sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered 10 times already

I've been trying to find out to though not seen any mention so far. So guessing not. :(

Played till about 3am and enjoyed every minute if it.
Some of the maps are really good graphically (x1) and loving the new exo movements.

For anyone with a windows phone the companion app is now out

Dominator

Does anybody think they will remove all of this boosting and double jumping in next years game?

I sure as hell hope not. Great game so far.

Korten

Banned
Does anybody think they will remove all of this boosting and double jumping in next years game?

I sure as hell hope not. Great game so far.

It's going to be interesting. If Treyarch goes for Black Ops III (Which is fine by me so long
as they can justify another story in that universe), they won't have a hard time explaining
how exo suits got invented some years after the end of BOII.

Otherwise... If they go to a past conflict, then we will most likely lose the exo. :(

Hurley

I might of missed it but where can you see how many people are currently playing online? In ghosts I think it had the amount of users under each game mode?

Hip Hop

I might of missed it but where can you see how many people are currently playing online? In ghosts I think it had the amount of users under each game mode?

Every Call of Duty game has had this population counter. For some reason, it's completely missing in this game. I expect a fix on this. It's basically tradition for this game.

Popparoks

Exo Suit Boost = 3D Maneuver Gear

Rushing with the shotgun hasn't been this fun since MW2 Spas-12.
It's fucking hilarious killing people because they aren't used to the speed!!

Not really seeing any innovation in all the videos I watched , same ole by the numbers campaign with a futuristic coat of paint, that's watching the first 20 mins and all the e3 showings.

On top of that the multi seems more of the same with some double jump and sideways strafing moves here and there .

Crysis 2 was doing this years ago. At least titanfall has wall runs , ledge grabs , giant mechs to spice it up abit.

Can anyone elaborate what makes this cod so amazing? Is it because cod has been shit the last few years so this makes it feel fresh compared to other cods?

Is there a benefit to vertical scaling?

Or is it just a marketing ploy to advertise it as 1080p/

I'd imagine there's something in it performance wise or else it'd be locked to a certain rate...but yeah, seems like it gives them a way to say "We're 1080p* too..."

* = dynamic and not native

Campaign isn't too bad! Right now I'm in
Detroit, Michigan
and while everything is going well, I'm really itching to play some more Multiplayer.

The struggle.

Pavillion

okay, so my download is stuck at 85% on xbox one. Was able to play the first few levels and i went to check the download and its stuck. any fixes?

Rainy Dog

Sigh. Seems I end up saying this in every official COD thread but I urge all PS3/4 players to turn the in game brightness down.

The default gamma is incorrect once again making the game look muddy and lacking contrast unless you adjust the brightness accordingly. The box that says barely visible needs to be just that with the text in the top box being invisible otherwise contrast, colours and shadow detail are all washed out. If your display is properly calibrated, the correct setting seems to be about 2 and a half bars from the left/bottom.

Frustrating they still can't get this right even in a new generation with a new developer. Though probably the result of them leading on the Xbox consoles and compensating for that stupid gamma curve.

Calmine

It's not officially a new CoD until you've been cussed out or given a death threat (or both?) so you're ready now...lol

Yep certainly isn't till you do. Played the PC version just after midnight and had a really bad game and everyone left but me and other team told me to leave calling me a bitch and get aids.

Was like wow...

Top Bottom