• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Ok, after playing for 3 hours of MP I can say that this game won't be played by me very long. The spawns are atrocious. I've had people kill me within 3 seconds of spawning too many times and vice versa. If you stay in one spot for more than 5 seconds in this game someone will already be behind you. Time to kill is too damn fast but I bet they did this so people wouldn't abuse the exo-movement abilities. Net code is garbage tier as always. Lag has only gotten worse on the 3rd hour and I'm done now. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

I agree with this 100%. Time to kill feels exactly the same as Ghosts. Spawns and lag has been pretty bad as well.

I just have to add that the maps in this game are terrible. I'm really disappointed in the multiplayer. I'll most likely be trading this in sometime later this month. Oh well at least Halo comes out next week.

biteren

Pretty much.

some guy on Reddit a few days ago said that he played through through the whole survival mode. All you get is a few minutes with zombies at the end and then you escape via a helicopter. The ending just gives you zombie gear to be usable in online multiplayer matches, but no bonus mode or anything like that is unlocked.

ill get season pass when it goes on sale (maybe it wont)

well that sucks hard, i cant believe they did this

Pretty much.

some guy on Reddit a few days ago said that he played through through the whole survival mode. All you get is a few minutes with zombies at the end and then you escape via a helicopter. The ending just gives you zombie gear to be usable in online multiplayer matches, but no bonus mode or anything like that is unlocked.
The final wave is zombies and the ending cinematic made it blatantly evident there would be more, ala DLC.

123rl

Outside of resolution, any major differences between versions? I've got my PS4 copy on the way today. I know it's a high chance I've got the better version but there are some examples of the Xbox One getting a better version, so it's still necessary to ask

Hip Hop

Outside of resolution, any major differences between versions? I've got my PS4 copy on the way today. I know it's a high chance I've got the better version but there are some examples of the Xbox One getting a better version, so it's still necessary to ask

Nah, PS4 should be superior.

But we're still waiting on DigitalFoundry for the official word but I wouldn't worry.

Tenck

Sniper rifle pretty much useless in this game lol. I'm sure people were looking forward to that, but as someone who only snipes it's disappointing.

woah, so the multiplayer is actually fun and fresh.. not what i expected. the added mobility from the exo-suits is pretty cool.

that is, when it isn't lagging to hell.

oh no.....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924256

please be a rumor

EDIT: has anyone reached the
Exo-zombies
in the game yet? i hope the game mode is in the game

Everyone seems to be misunderstanding this.

The bonus-wave in Exo Survival is supposed to be a teaser. Nothing more, nothing less. The new zombie content "tied to the season pass" is a part of the map packs. World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops II all had zombie maps included in their DLC packs, this is no different.

Shinjica

The bonus-wave in Exo Survival is supposed to be a teaser. Nothing more, nothing less. The new zombie content "tied to the season pass" is a part of the map packs. World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops II all had zombie maps included in their DLC packs, this is no different.

Zombie mode in World at war was not a DLC if i remember correctly.

biteren

ok, it fine then, i dont really need zombies anyway, i can wait for treyarch, everything is gonna be ok....

ChuckNyce

Ok, after playing for 3 hours of MP I can say that this game won't be played by me very long. The spawns are atrocious. I've had people kill me within 3 seconds of spawning too many times and vice versa. If you stay in one spot for more than 5 seconds in this game someone will already be behind you. Time to kill is too damn fast but I bet they did this so people wouldn't abuse the exo-movement abilities. Net code is garbage tier as always. Lag has only gotten worse on the 3rd hour and I'm done now. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Honestly I felt similar after my 1st session, IveMadeAHugeMistake.gif. But after playing a bit more and getting used to the traversal and overall pace of the game, it kinda clicked. Fully understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea though.

Well, first 2 games of multiplayer domination - 2-4 and 1-7. Sigh. Was hoping the first day wouldn't be camping on my belly simulator 2014. Welp.

Will obviously keep playing, but first two out of the gate (a very small sample size), feels like Ghost. I love CoD, but not sure why I can't play it anymore. If it wasn't for Destiny and Titanfall confirming that I haven't lost my FPS skills, CoD would have me convinced that I lost all FPS abilities after BLOPS2.

-PXG-

LOL at the press square to give respect scene. Also my brain can't stop going lol it's kevin spacey.

That was a actually pretty sad.

Yeah I know, "lol feelz in mah shootan gaemz" and all, but I thought it was tasteful. Looking down and seeing your arm missing was quite chilling. Again, it's just a video game, but for a moment I thought, "Damn, there are real people who go through this shit, and for what?" I have friends in the military. Made me stop and think for a moment...

But then I became Big Boss and they let me blow shit up in their testing facility. Awesome!

I've noticed that CODs are typically shit online until around February/March. When I did happen to get a game before/on X-Mas the public matches would be full of tryhards, team stackers, and people playing stupidly just to unlock assignments/challenges. By February/March this has typically calmed down.

LeonSPBR

Just finished the SP and it was awesome, loved every minute of it. MP played for an hour and I'm getting the hang of boost on this game. Loving every minute of it, it's by far better than Ghosts.

minx

I had COD fatigue after MW2 and that was the last one I bought. After playing this for 5 hours tonight... Yup it's still COD. You just die so fucking fast in this game. I think my time with this will be short lived once MCC comes out sadly.

Sadly I wont be able to play until tonight when I get home from school. I see a bag of mixed impressions as always so I guess I'll have to wait until I play myself.

I too wanted to ask, any news on the companion app?

Wow, Spacey looks unbelievable in the cutscenes. I know they are pre-rendered, but still seriously impressive. From the GB Quick Look.

i7cIjzHoPvmLo.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
lol no

It's closer to Blops the Ghosts

The TTK very much feels like Blops as well, I honestly don't why people are saying it's like Ghosts in that respect. It feels nothing like Ghosts. I've managed to survive encounters by boosting out of the way, behind cover etc. In Ghosts if you got caught out even with a few bullets you were dead.

Really want to play more of this, loving all the maps so far too. For the first time in ages, since BLOPS1, i'm dying to go home from work to play this.

Cavalier

Banned
This has got to be the one of the shortest honeymoon periods with a game. So multiplayer is bad as any other COD games. Respawn is even worse. TTK is very short.

Why do you guys fall for this every year?

This has got to be the one of the shortest honeymoon periods with a game. So multiplayer is bad as any other COD games. Respawn is even worse. TTK is very short.

Why do you guys fall for this every year?

There are a great deal of people who find the games incredibly fun to play. They are a quick 10 minute distraction at a time. I buy COD every year.

Went to the local video game store to pick up Bayonetta 2 and then I saw CoD: AW Day Zero available for purchase. I know I should've wait for GAF impressions but with the nice review
and Kevin Spacey,
I just couldn't resist the temptation.

Never really cared about CoD franchise at all since the Black Ops 1 but from what I've seen so far this game looks promising enough. Don't disappoint me Sledgehammer!

Top Bottom