• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
The same old problems rear their head again. Broken spawns, getting killed a milisecond after spawning, getting shot round corners yadda yadda.

The maps are hardly memorable, the guns are very bleh...its just the same game plus some additional freedom in movement courtesy of the Exo suit.

I feel like a mug for getting excited for this and expecting a genuinely fresh take on the gameplay. It looks like I'll be waiting for a long time to get another COD game that is a worthy successor to COD: MW2.

So multiplayer hasn't changed then? Might eventually rent to go through campaign.

RedAssedApe

Banned
think they need to introduce some slight cool down for that forward dash. in enclosed quarters people using it and just bouncing around like a pinball. urgh

Guys where are those pre order stuff? I can't find them in the menu's like the golden exo skeleton for example playing on PS4.

haven't redeemed mine yet...but do they perhaps take up slots in your armory?

Frillen

For you guys looking for a good all around weapon, look forward to hit level 20. The HBRA3 is godly with Red Dot and Foregrip. Not only is it a great long range weapon but once I started using it I've finally been able to win short range battles, something I rarely did with the AK12.

Anyone else having trouble getting this game to update on PC? I pre loaded the game on saturday, just come from work to start it up and it says their is an update but it does nothing.

EDIT: Currently 62gb free on the drive its installed too including the pre downloaded files so unpacking the full game shouldn't be the issue.

T.O.P

Banned
For you guys looking for a good all around weapon, look forward to hit level 20. The HBRA3 is godly with Red Dot and Foregrip. Not only is it a great long range weapon but once I started using it I've finally been able to win short range battles, something I rarely did with the AK12.

Quoting to remember

Been out of the COD cycle for a lot of time, all suggestion for good weapons and builds are much apprecciated lol

Ok, after playing for 3 hours of MP I can say that this game won't be played by me very long. The spawns are atrocious. I've had people kill me within 3 seconds of spawning too many times and vice versa. If you stay in one spot for more than 5 seconds in this game someone will already be behind you. Time to kill is too damn fast but I bet they did this so people wouldn't abuse the exo-movement abilities. Net code is garbage tier as always. Lag has only gotten worse on the 3rd hour and I'm done now. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Hmm. My Amazon UK order only arrived in Bristol at 7:21am. I live in Cardiff. Of course, when I asked for releas day delivery, I meant I was happy to wait until late afternoon to play it, Amazon. Of course.

Killer

Banned
Man i really hate COD mp. I'll trade it in next week for Asscreed and stay with Halo MCC for my FPS Fix.

SP looks decent though.

One complaint.

I have ONE complaint.

Gold looks like ass.

Other than that, i've been going strong for five hours and am still having a blast.

Killer

Banned
Ok, after playing for 3 hours of MP I can say that this game won't be played by me very long. The spawns are atrocious. I've had people kill me within 3 seconds of spawning too many times and vice versa. If you stay in one spot for more than 5 seconds in this game someone will already be behind you. Time to kill is too damn fast but I bet they did this so people wouldn't abuse the exo-movement abilities. Net code is garbage tier as always. Lag has only gotten worse on the 3rd hour and I'm done now. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

i agree with all that.

P. Fembot

Banned
Played 6 hours today and kd is .6. Sucking badly.

I still find the game way too fast. Ever since mw3 the ttk is just ridiculous. My reflexes are too aged! It's on speed.

I searched on the AW app for the Gaf clan, is there one? Would like to join.

H4r4kiri

Thanks for the info. It seems you know COD's and are not like the Media, that I hate for their CoD covers. I as COD player know now, that I will not buy this game. TDK is so low that I will not have fun. Netcode garbage hugghh. Thats why I got rid of CoD. If they don't fix this , I will never buy a CoD again.

Yeah, I think I'll wait until the servers settle down before playing MP. I've got Open NAT on PS4 and still getting bad pings (1 bar) in pretty much every match, and it's like that for the entire lobby. The spawns are indeed atrocious from the maps I've played, I don't last more than 8 seconds on the field - I seriously get killed as soon as I kill someone, or as soon as I spawn. There's definitely a learning curve for the MP, but I'm doing so bad that I'm not enjoying myself. I'll play the SP since it's getting a lot of praise.

One-Shot

Banned
I'm extremely happy with this game. I'm more of a casual fan of call of duty and have gotten fatigued over some of the past few games. This game though really is a breath of fresh air for the series. So much fun.

Sigh cant even find the files on my PC to try copy them out of steam, delete the game files from steam then re install. Almost like the pre download compeltely fucked up.

Haven't bought a CoD game since Black Ops but this one has really got me interested. Is this up to the quality of Black Ops then and a return to form? Might pick it up tomorrow.

How's the SP in Veteran difficulty? Is it insanely difficult like WaW's?
It's pretty fair for the most part, although there was one part that absolutely didn't seem tuned for the difficulty and seemed entirely luck based as sometimes I'd die instantly and others I'd manage to scrape through CH3/4 spoiler
helicopter during the highway sequence

Gerdav

What's the deal with loot expiring?

They mentioned this on the IGN review in progress video, but didn't explain it that well certain loot is unlocked by doing specific things in game I think tied to the badges kill streaks etc and only lasts a set amount of time, unless you keep repeating whatever you did to "unlock" it in the first place.

Top Bottom