• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Phear

Q2N4Nm9weHFCejQx_o_cover-me-im-reloading.jpg

Yup, that's me.Can't be helped. It's like a gift i'm giving to myself after a kill. That smell of a fresh magazine.

I'm confused - when is this game supposed to unlock on PSN? The original blog post said 12am ET on 11/03. Well, it's almost 8am and my preorder clock reads 18hours!?

My friend has the same issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Elitist1945

I'm confused - when is this game supposed to unlock on PSN? The original blog post said 12am ET on 11/03. Well, it's almost 8am and my preorder clock reads 18hours!?

My friend has the same issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Did you guys get the Day Zero edition? If not, I'd assume your version unlocks tomorrow.

Osahi

Reviews and a nice promoprice in the shop I had to go to today have fucked me over. Now I bought it, while my backlog is allready piling up and I didn't plan on getting it at all.

Cc23830

I was a huge COD fanboy before ghosts absolutely ruined it for me, but this game has honestly changed my opinion 180 degrees again. It is so much fun. I love the fact you can customise the kill streaks, I haven't had a chance to try many weapons, I'm still using the Ak as I'm level 18, 3 attachments. Silencer/red dot/ foregrip. But once my kd ratio is above 1.5 then I'll go for it. ( currently sitting at a low 1.28 :(

Did you guys get the Day Zero edition? If not, I'd assume your version unlocks tomorrow.

I assumed I did. I preordered it on PSN the moment the item went up, even upgraded to the digital special edition!?

edit: the game image has the day zero subtitle on the clock screen even.

however, this is weird, when I went to my purchases on the store, it let me buy the game again for free and downloaded something called the "digital special edition personalization" something or other. this didn't fix anything - but it's still odd.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So for those that have been playing how are the guns? Any standouts so far?

Also, how did they handle the gun unlocks and customization? Same as Ghosts? Blops 2? Something new?

Nice so you actually dump partially used mags now?

Would have thought if they wanted to go the "realistic" route they would just cycle back in the partially used mag to your inventory like other games have done.

Been a while since Ive seen a game that fully dumps a partially used mag on reload.

Damn. I need to get used to this. I am reload crazy. No wonder I noticed my ammo going down fast this morning.

Cc23830

And yeah the reload thing has irritated me slightly. Only a small niggle as I like to reload after even 1 bullet. Will take some getting used to

aravuus

It keeps fucking doing the quick reload even though I only tap square once

This is actually really goddamn annoying cause I keep running out of ammo

Almost thinking of calling and demanding a refund for my digital copy. This is so fucking stupid. I took this day off from work to play this right away but nooooooooooooo

I bought the digital PS4 version but I see the PS3 version isn't free yet. I want to download that version as well. When will they update for crossbuy? Tomorrow?

witness

Really enjoying it so far. I love the movement, you just feel so agile and that you have more options on how you engage in multiplayer. Campaign is enjoyable so far, looks fantastic, and I love all the future tech. I bought the digital pro edition and I have no regrets. Can't wait to play more after work!

Playing on PS4, no lag or network issues. Is there a way to universal mute chat or do you have to do that in every match?

Bastos

How is the game on PS4? Are there some ppl playing online already? Is the netcode good?

I'm not from the US so I get a little worried about the netcode. Depending on your answers I'll buy this game right now, there are a lot of copies already available here wow.

Anyone else get extremely fast load times for maps,then randomly extremely slow load times where it wont even load and loses connection?(PC Version, SSD)

I'm thinking it has to do with the P2P crap,however I cant be certain all I know is it is affecting my enjoyment.

Tamanon

Banned
How is the game on PS4? Are there some ppl playing online already? Is the netcode good?

I'm not from the US so I get a little worried about the netcode. Depending on your answers I'll buy this game right now, there are a lot of copies already available here wow.

Tons are playing it already. Netcode felt pretty good from the couple hours I played at midnight. Didn't feel I lost any games I shouldn't have.

aravuus

Anyone else get extremely fast load times for maps,then randomly extremely slow wehere it wont even load and loses connection.(PC Version, SSD)

I'm thinking it has to do with the P2P crap,however I cant be certain all I know is it is affecting my enjoyment.

This kept happening to a streamer I watched last night so you're not alone

Hurley

Man, you can really clean up once you get the hang of that forward dash, especially if you're in a match with people who might not be aware of it lol

Really enjoying it so far. I love the movement, you just feel so agile and that you have more options on how you engage in multiplayer. Campaign is enjoyable so far, looks fantastic, and I love all the future tech. I bought the digital pro edition and I have no regrets. Can't wait to play more after work!

Playing on PS4, no lag or network issues. Is there a way to universal mute chat or do you have to do that in every match?

set up a private chat on PSN menu and dont invite anyone, I am also a fellow social mute :)

Hurley

Why the forward dash specifically?

I just found it was way easier to evade fire and close the gap on people, also just making passes at people in general, feels like you're more in control during a firefight rather then just standing there shooting or jumping around. Just my own experience with the last few games I had.

Or maybe I just suck at jumping and found the dash easier lol

Top Bottom