• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

How are the supply drops/loot? Thats my most anticipated feature. Just wondering if there are some really cool looking rare guns that I can strive for?

Anyone get anything worth showing off yet?

I personally haven't gotten anything too crazy, but I've been looking at the guns that I've been getting killed with and I saw some pretty crazy looking ones.

aravuus

Wow this is actually fucking ridiculous, every single match my ping is a single red bar and so it feels like my bullets keep passing through everyone. Fuck this.

ILoveBish

I just hit level 29, i despised COD Ghosts, and the only reason i played it after the initial game time was for gun game. Otherwise that was broken trash that should have every dev who worked on it make wii games for the rest of their lives.

Now, AW is incredible. The movement is so good, the gunplay is so smooth, it runs like butter on ps4 and looks terrific also. I'm incredibly pleased i bought it, and i'm likely going to be on the hunt for a good deal on the season pass just due to how much fun im having with it.

If i had to find fault with the game, it would be the absolutely garbage community that comes with any COD game. The people who lay on their stomachs in hallways looking for easy kills then move to the next hallway. These vermin are still around and still playing like shit brained a-holes.

Otherwise, i'm having an absolute blast, love the flow of the games and really recommend it.

Anyone else locked out of the day zero edition on ps4? I was playing last night and now I hMace a countdown timer for 16 hours.:(

Nope, mine still working fine.

Wow this is actually fucking ridiculous, every single match my ping is a single red bar and so it feels like my bullets keep passing through everyone. Fuck this.

Where are you located? Hows your ISP's service normally? Just curious if i might experience any issues as well.

Euron

For those who played the single player, how does it compare to previous COD games? I doubt it's better than COD4 and BO2 but does it beat out BO1 and MW2?

And what about the multiplayer, particularly the maps? Is it really a big enough jump that I won't feel that I'm playing the same thing? How do the maps compare to previous COD games? I heard Survival Mode was disappointing, which is very believable.

alterno69

Banned
If i had to find fault with the game, it would be the absolutely garbage community that comes with any COD game. The people who lay on their stomachs in hallways looking for easy kills then move to the next hallway. These vermin are still around and still playing like shit brained a-holes.

Otherwise, i'm having an absolute blast, love the flow of the games and really recommend it.

I haye the ones that go prone when you engage with them, how the fuck do they do that so fast?
I haven't run into too many campers so far, or snipers.

Yeah, I have some helmet and it has already "expired" twice, but I still can see it in customization menu. Bug, I suppose?

I haven't got anything special yet, only some stats variations, but I really like how supply drop opening sound echoes from your DS4 speaker, very nice futuristic effect.

I love how you get yelled at when you get an elite item, too. I got some elite knee-pads last night and my speakers echoed with the powerful voice of a drill sergeant.

ELITE

Pretty neat.

jacobs34

I was all set to jump in and play this morning, and now I'm getting hit with this hour and thirty minute install time. Feels bad man.

I haye the ones that go prone when you engage with them, how the fuck do they do that so fast?
I haven't run into too many campers so far, or snipers.

Controllers with duplicate buttons on the bottom. Allows for quick drop shotting and jumping while keeping both fingers on the analogs to keep your aim on target. (I make my own... never waste $ on a Scuff.)

SDCowboy

So I played MP for about 1.5 hours before work and I gotta say, this is by far the best COD I've played since MW2. So good. It's fresh and different while still being COD.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I just hit level 29, i despised COD Ghosts, and the only reason i played it after the initial game time was for gun game. Otherwise that was broken trash that should have every dev who worked on it make wii games for the rest of their lives.

Now, AW is incredible. The movement is so good, the gunplay is so smooth, it runs like butter on ps4 and looks terrific also. I'm incredibly pleased i bought it, and i'm likely going to be on the hunt for a good deal on the season pass just due to how much fun im having with it.

Play to win the game.

Kaibutsu

I thought I was out after Ghost (the first CoD I never bothered to finish) but dammit they keep pulling me back in! Picking this up at lunch today...

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Finland, and I literally never have these kind of problems in online games. Must be something on their end.

Whose end? Are there dedicated servers in this game? Haven't seen any confirmations yet. I'm from Finland also so somewhat interested about the servers and how they have done it.

Hamlet

Just finished the single player and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
It took me around 6-7 hours on normal difficulty and it sure was a fun ride. Love the Grappling hook, so much fun jumping around from place to place and grabbing soldiers with it.
Story does it job even if the ending is underwhelming
gotta make room for a sequel I suppose.
Still there are plenty of fun set pieces throughout the campaign and they did a good job with the variety of missions and objectives so it never got too dull.
Now time to start playing the multi.

Finland, and I literally never have these kind of problems in online games. Must be something on their end.

Well i know there might be some possibility that you're far away from a dedicated server... or that there not all up yet... or they might not be available on your platform? I'm waiting for them to spill it and tell us exactly what platforms get dedi's and where they are.

itsgreen

This really is a run and gun game...

That does not sit well with my normal playing style, playing a little more tactical, making sure there is distance between me and the enemy.

E92 M3

This has been the weirdest COD launch ever. Seems like Day Zero was pretty much just a Sunday night release. I wonder what Activision is thinking about this experiment. Also, I wonder if they will release numbers soon.

LowParry

This really is a run and gun game...

That does not sit well with my normal playing style, playing a little more tactical, making sure there is distance between me and the enemy.

COD has always been this way. :D

BF may be your go to game in that case. But hey, jump pack tactics is pretty fun.

nikos

Tried asking this a while back, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if playing/completing the Campaign unlocks anything in Multiplayer? I want to play each on different platforms.

Is there a trick to getting the mid to high tier scorestreaks? Seems like no one is getting anything other than UAV, thr scores at the end have everyone at 1:1 K:D

Can anyone comment on lag compensation ??? Ghost was awful for it and i quit playing it after a week ... Also are the map design as big as ghost ?? I remember running around without finding anyone to kill cuz the maps were realy to big .

If anyone can comment I would appreciate it, I'm receiving the game today and if it's the same bs as ghost I'm not even opening it and I'm returning ASAP.

With ghosts last year I had severe lag compensation issues and I quit playing after two weeks. I have not run into this issue so far in this game. There are the occasional wtf? Moments in all call of duty games but it's no way near as bad ghost. Granted it's a small sample size as the game has only been out for a few hours but it's pretty smooth sailing for me so far.

SDCowboy

Is there a trick to getting the mid to high tier scorestreaks? Seems like no one is getting anything other than UAV, thr scores at the end have everyone at 1:1 K:D

Good. That's how it should be. COD is almost unplayable when there's helicopters and rockets littering the skies.

Rsinart

Well as someone who skipped Ghost completely cause I was sick of COD. I decided to pick up AW, and man I am glad I did. Granted there are still some issues, but the game plays pretty well. Got to mission 5 in the story, and 33 on mp.

aravuus

Whose end? Are there dedicated servers in this game? Haven't seen any confirmations yet. I'm from Finland also so somewhat interested about the servers and how they have done it.

I dunno lol

But it shouldn't be this bad in any situation, really. Now I'm in a match where less than half have full bars, the rest one red or two yellows.

Anyway, hardpoint seems like the only mode I'll like so far. Everything else is too fucking hectic and I'm not sure if the exo movement stuff is for the better after all. We'll see.

No idea. All I know is I've always had the max bars but still get tons of lag...the latter I expect regardless though when a new COD launches.

I'm loving this game, but yeah sometimes it is extremely frustrating when you get into a lobby and all of a sudden you are dying the instant you see someone. Then I join another one and I know they got the jump on me and even if I'm hip shooting across the map I take them down.

Hip Hop

Does this game have dedicated servers like ghost?

No idea.

I remember they said they would "turn on" the dedicated servers on Ghosts when it first launched.

Hope it's the same case here (or they better be working on something) because it's very bad at the moment.

The game is great, but this lag is killing it.

I think you have to be connected to get into that menu.

Also, I always make cheese emblems in games with an emblem editor.

QqdSuv0.png

recreating my BLOPS 2 when I get a chance:

shermas

Well as someone who skipped Ghost completely cause I was sick of COD. I decided to pick up AW, and man I am glad I did. Granted there are still some issues, but the game plays pretty well. Got to mission 5 in the story, and 33 on mp.

This is me. I was so over COD and the reviews/boards were so harsh on Ghosts, I totally passed. I'm excited to get back into the series with this game.

God this game is fun. Killing folks in MP just feels so good. Feels like it did when COD4 MP first began. Still getting used to the Pick 13 system though; I never played MW3, BLOPS1/2 or Ghosts...

I also like how the hitbox for melee kills is much smaller; makes it a lot more rewarding when you do in fact connect with someone and they go flying. Nice touch.

Top Bottom