• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Larogue

I have been playing MP only, and so far I like it. I'm getting BO vibe in this game, which is a good thing cause I hated MW3 and Ghosts. Haven't got too deep in it, but I like what I've experienced. And spawns seems fine, always getting spawned near my teammates.

only played sp so far but the concept design team deserves an award--so many original concepts on display here, having a really hard time imagining playing a traditional CoD game after this

Anyone finding on PC that the mouse is constantly going way further then what you are actually moving it? Pretty much ruining the game for me right now..cant really play when everytime I turn the mouse just goes crazy.

Is the DLC pack that comes with the Day Zero edition an actual download or a license that just unlocks stuff in game?

I redeemed it but there's nothing to download.

HelloMeow

Do I need a internet connection to play with bots or can I play offline and not have to be online?

I think you have to be connected to get into that menu.

Also, I always make cheese emblems in games with an emblem editor.

QqdSuv0.png

syndream

Neo Member
Nice so you actually dump partially used mags now?

Would have thought if they wanted to go the "realistic" route they would just cycle back in the partially used mag to your inventory like other games have done.

Been a while since Ive seen a game that fully dumps a partially used mag on reload.

ammo should still cycle back into the mag on normal reload , the dumping is supposed to happen when you double tap , ita bugged now so now it randomly cycles or drops when you tap reload once.

Nokterian

I think you have to be connected to get into that menu.

Also, I always make cheese emblems in games with an emblem editor.

QqdSuv0.png

I love the emblem editor. Since Black Ops 1 did it a lot of creative stuff came out and Blops 2 took it further and now SH games does it also. Also love the playercards there pretty big but there nice.

DWinn7

Can't wait to play this after work. Two quick questions though.

Are the guns over powered?

Is the average time alive really short?

barit

After the impressions I'm gonna buy this. Damn you GAF and I thought I would be done with Activision for a while after Destiny. This will be the first CoD that I buy for myself. Let the brofists begin

U2NUMB

So while I enjoy the game.. far better than last year there is one thing Ghosts did that I really was hoping was in this version. The real time scoreboard in the upper right that you could turn on, as a stat junkie I loved that. Sad it is not in AW :(

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Bought the game last night via xbox one store and this morning, at least nine hours later, the game was only at 25% installed, i found that odd, why is it taking so long?

At least i got to play a little bit of sp campaign, this is prob the best cod since cod4. I cant wait to play mp after work.

The new gameplay mechanics are a great additon.

I started downloading it on xbox one last night around 5. This morning, about 13 hours later, I'm at 39 percent. The serve still can't be this congested, can it?

My internet connection is fine and everything else is working like it should.

So they went from a perk for unlimited sprint, to a perk for limited time of sprint to unlimited sprint without a perk. Sledgehammer what the hell?!

ekim

I started downloading it on xbox one last night around 5. This morning, about 13 hours later, I'm at 39 percent. The serve still can't be this congested, can it?

Look at the bandwidth usage (Settings-->Network) on the X1.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bought the game last night via xbox one store and this morning, at least nine hours later, the game was only at 25% installed, i found that odd, why is it taking so long?

At least i got to play a little bit of sp campaign, this is prob the best cod since cod4. I cant wait to play mp after work.

The new gameplay mechanics are a great additon.

There have been severe speed issues with downloading games on Xbox for weeks now. No idea what's going on.

Kolgar

So far, pretty lukewarm on Call of Duty: Titanfall Jump-Jets Edition.

Last year, I really liked Ghosts. This year, I'm the one who feels like I'm playing a last-gen COD in 1080p.

Back to the front to see if it gets better.

Played MP for a couple of hours.
I'm still not completely familiar with most of the maps, but man, map design is way better than Ghosts. I can actually run around and even stand in the open for some time without getting shot from a random direction.
Also love that railgun secondary weapon. You need to aim carefully, because reload is very long, but it's really fun to use. Reminds me of that long range shotgun from BO2, which I also loved.

Feeroper

So I purchased the digital 360 version this morning in order to utilize the free upgrade to XBO. The digital 360 version hadnt been available for pre-purchase prior to this morning. About 1 min later I logged into the same XBL account on my XBO to start the download for that version, but it doesnt have the XBO one unlocked, it is still asking for the full price of the game.

Has anyone done this free upgrade yet with the Xbox platform? Does it take to time to unlock or something? Or do i have to wait until tomorrow to download the XBO version as that is thew release date for the base game? (the 360 one didnt indicate it was a day zero edition)

I apologize if this has been covered but i cant find a confirmed answer anywhere.

Have they announced what platforms are actually utilizing the dedicated servers that were teased previously?

Mediatik

Can anyone comment on lag compensation ??? Ghost was awful for it and i quit playing it after a week ... Also are the map design as big as ghost ?? I remember running around without finding anyone to kill cuz the maps were realy to big .

If anyone can comment I would appreciate it, I'm receiving the game today and if it's the same bs as ghost I'm not even opening it and I'm returning ASAP.

Gurrry

How are the supply drops/loot? Thats my most anticipated feature. Just wondering if there are some really cool looking rare guns that I can strive for?

Anyone get anything worth showing off yet?

I had to pull the plug last night and get it. So far in SP i finished mission 1(veteran) and it was pretty good. MP feels like BO but strangely TTK was good. First map i played and wondered around to get a feel of the map and while it seemed small it made it up with the levels on top. Very smootg movement on PS4.

The graphics of the SP in reviews dont seem to great for a next generation game, the environments look quite simplistic. Expected more with 3 year dev cycle and quality developer.

Why do gear items from supply drops expire?
Yeah, I have some helmet and it has already "expired" twice, but I still can see it in customization menu. Bug, I suppose?

How are the supply drops/loot? Thats my most anticipated feature. Just wondering if there are some really cool looking rare guns that I can strive for?

Anyone get anything worth showing off yet?
I haven't got anything special yet, only some stats variations, but I really like how supply drop opening sound echoes from your DS4 speaker, very nice futuristic effect.

Top Bottom