• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Mediatik

With ghosts last year I had severe lag compensation issues and I quit playing after two weeks. I have not run into this issue so far in this game. There are the occasional wtf? Moments in all call of duty games but it's no way near as bad ghost. Granted it's a small sample size as the game has only been out for a few hours but it's pretty smooth sailing for me so far.

Thx for the reply , ghost really pissed me off , the map design was awful worst the mw3 and the lag compensation coupled with the frame rate stuttered really killed it for me .

Btw I loved black ops 2 , I hope AW doesn't disappoint

Ferny

Played for about 4 hours of just multiplayer last night. Had a ton of fun. The movement additions they made really change some things in the game. I can definitely see myself playing this for a long while even with Halo dropping next week.

Raxious

Just picked up the game, it's been years since I played a CoD game, but seeing as the reviews are pretty good I just had to get it.

Spineker

Banned
This is literally the first time I've seen positive COD opinions on GAF since I first joined.

Bought. Lets see if it can recapture me.

I Accidently pre-ordered on the PS3 and crossbuy seems to be broken for the 4. Anyone know a workaround.
My eyeballs feel like death by a thousand cuts. I have bad eyesight anyhow of course.

iratA

Finished the campaign. Was really enjoyable. Which is saying something since I usually hate fps campaigns.

I'm the same, but this was something else. Finished this up tonight and loved every minute of it. So much detail in every scene.

Posting again.

First time preordering a game, but GameStop hasn't sent me my download code and even on the order history page there is empty white space next to where I believe the download code should be. Did they mess up? I pre ordered the downloadable version today around 10am on Nov 2nd.. For ps3 by the way.

Anyone else going through this?

I would just call them, I'm sure they'll clear it up.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Posting again.

First time preordering a game, but GameStop hasn't sent me my download code and even on the order history page there is empty white space next to where I believe the download code should be. Did they mess up? I pre ordered the downloadable version today around 10am on Nov 2nd.. For ps3 by the way.

Anyone else going through this?

I've only had the chance to order an older game from them. I'd try back today or you could possibly call them/send them an e-mail. I don't know how they work because if it's Day Zero you should of had it by now. Their online store is separate from their retail store from what I've gathered. I think the only thing that is similar is that you can pick games up from their store. When I order off their website my packages come from Grapevine, Texas. That's where their HQ is at.

SDCowboy

Awesome MP so far... I suck though but thats about to change :p. Maps are clean and pretty. The jetpacks isnt annoying. Just see it as double jump.

OMG, I was fucking dreadful the first few rounds. Could barely get any kills. Once I settled down though and wasn't trying to just rocket bounced around everywhere, I got much better. lol

aravuus

I have no idea what it is, but I seem to either do horribly or really well every match. No ~1.00 kdr ever, it's always either like 1 - 11 or 13 - 2

purg3

slept with Malkin
Awesome MP so far... I suck though but thats about to change :p. Maps are clean and pretty. The jetpacks isnt annoying. Just see it as double jump.

haha yeah I'm getting worked this morning, finally had a good match. Was doing well last night though. Seems like I get paired with MLG pros all morning lol.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You're info comes up on that page.

And yeah, just hit them up.

What I would do next time is grab PSN credit codes from the site,

they are almost instantaneous for me and then just pre-order from the PSN store itself.

If they give you an option to cancel (not too sure if this applies to digital downloads), but that means they're taking time to process to your order. In the future PSN is easier.

BokehKing

Banned
Game is fun until you get into a lobby with a bad connection, then the same old COD comes back to haunt you.

10 years later, billions of dollars made, and they still can't give us dedicated servers, I really don't get it. They want $100 from the enthusiasts for the complete package but I'm still playing on this dumb p2p connections that cause my grenades to come out a full second after I had hit it, bullets not connecting ect ect.....its ridiculous

when the game is running smooth though, forget it, it's the greatest game ever

sounds like my description of the last 5 COD games

WViking87

I played this last night when it unlocked at midnight. Now when I try to play it, I have an unlock timer that expires tonight at midnight. I can't play this game for another 14 hours it says, even though I was playing last night.

biteren

lB1i9nz.jpg

Refused to go into MP until I had my emblem I always make in emblem editor games

Ready for war

we doing the Gaf clan tag? ok count me in

ttony678

Neo Member
I've only had the chance to order an older game from them. I'd try back today or you could possibly call them/send them an e-mail. I don't know how they work because if it's Day Zero you should of had it by now. Their online store is separate from their retail store from what I've gathered. I think the only thing that is similar is that you can pick games up from their store. When I order off their website my packages come from Grapevine, Texas. That's where their HQ is at.

I ordered online from the main gamestop website actually.. I'll definitely call once their service hours are open. So for future sake, it's better to go through psn?

Thanks for the quick responses!

Wookieomg

Played for about four hours last night.. Fucking loved it. The mobility with exo-suit is phenomenal imho. I'm the kind of player that was always running anyway, so this is just icing on the cake for me. The weapons feel good, the sci-fi elements aren't overwhelming as to seem improbable in our world.. Haven't touched SP yet but the MP is effing awesome. :D

Game is fun until you get into a lobby with a bad connection, then the same old COD comes back to haunt you.

10 years later, billions of dollars made, and they still can't give us dedicated servers, I really don't get it. They want $100 from the enthusiasts for the complete package but I'm still playing on this dumb p2p connections that cause my grenades to come out a full second after I had hit it, bullets not connecting ect ect.....its ridiculous

when the game is running smooth though, forget it, it's the greatest game ever

sounds like my description of the last 5 COD games

What platform? I have both and went with PS4. I know they've confirmed there are dedicated servers but nothing more than that. Havent said what platforms. I wonder if it's just Xbox and PC?

ttony678

Neo Member
You're info comes up on that page.

And yeah, just hit them up.

What I would do next time is grab PSN credit codes from the site,

they are almost instantaneous for me and then just pre-order from the PSN store itself.

Uh oh. Posted the wrong link. It actually showed my address and stuff?

BokehKing

Banned
What platform? I have both and went with PS4. I know they've confirmed there are dedicated servers but nothing more than that. Havent said what platforms. I wonder if it's just Xbox and PC?

I was having this problem on the ps4 version, worked fine the first couple games I played today, joined up with some Gaf'ers...worked fine but then started to go down hill, if I'm connecting to people outside of the US is that the cause of the problem?

Thx for the reply , ghost really pissed me off , the map design was awful worst the mw3 and the lag compensation coupled with the frame rate stuttered really killed it for me .

Btw I loved black ops 2 , I hope AW doesn't disappoint
I believe Ghosts was the worst entry of the series. It's was a steaming pile of shite.

Top Bottom