• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Having a lot more fun than expected online so far. Really enjoying momentum and uplink. Impressed with the smooth experience so far on the PS4. Now just to learn the maps and movement a little bit better.

Ranking up makes me so giddy.

Call of Duty is known for being a game where kills come in the hundreds and easily but in AW, each kill is satisfying and feels like I worked for it.

Sledgehammer struck gold with this. I honestly don't even know if I'll look into the next Call of Duty, this is a blast.

JayEH

Somebody needs to explain to me why cosmetic armor pieces expires. (And why it just comes back later anyway)

zychi

Banned
i've seriously been on the phone with xbox support for an hour, mostly on hold. while they try and figure out why my codaw is "unavailable" on the xbox one store.

this is so fucking frustrating.

Will this be the first CoD I buy since 4? Is the campaign worth it at $40? Good chance I'll bite on PS4 version during the Target sale. I'm typically a PC gamer now but playing CoD on PC just seems wrong

farisr

Anyone that has this already, can you confirm whether there is a 4 player local splitscreen option or not? I know 2 player is in for co-op/online, but haven't been able to find any confirmation for whether 4 player local splitscreen is back or not

PepperedHam

Getting a lot of stuttering in multiplayer. I'm seeing a ton of fluctuation in the ping as well.
Yes, same, definitely happening to me on PS4. I know it's not my connection, I've been checking as it happens and something weird is going on. No matter what lobby I go into it's the same shit. Weird lag every now and then, people having one red bar but not lagging, me having four white bars and lagging/stuttering. I don't know, it's pissing me off because when it's working for me I enjoy it oh so much.

The increased movement is far more enjoyable than I expected it to be, looking forward to seeing what it's like playing against actual people with all these new movement options.

Just bought the digital version with the rest of my $100 gift card. Does the X1 automatically start downloading digital purchases, or do I have to manually do it?

-Yes I have standby mode on :)

Thanks!

I highly doubt it's dedicated servers on XB1 with all the lag and 1 bar connections. Maybe it's hybrid like Ghosts though

Had it since Fri. None of that bs you've mentioned. Smooth flawless experience on my end.

Same results when AW launch last night with millions now playing. They dedicated tha $&@% out of servers like they promised lol 😎

Somebody needs to explain to me why cosmetic armor pieces expires. (And why it just comes back later anyway)

BC those are special pieces tied to in game challenges. Think of it as a temporary reward you got for the performance in your one specific game. They "might" (i'm not sure) also stack so if you keep getting 5 kills in a row it might increase the time you get with one piece of armor?

I actually think it's a cool idea. We get all the normal stuff but some bonus elite pieces for showing off you just ran a 30 killstreak or something in your last match.

So far I'm liking the game a lot. I went straight into the SP campaign and it's not bad at all. I usually don't play the mp of COD games because I suck at them but I played a match before getting off. Ended up 10 - 1, so I'm probably gonna play some more mp in the future. Sorry to the guys sending me invites, I want to clear the SP first.

I think what would have made this an unquestionable pick up for me is MW2 Spec Ops. Those scenarios were so fun to play in co-op.

I plan to not buy *anything* Until Bloodborne

But I'm too content starved and COD just is either going to be a regret or fun impulse buy.

woen

There's too much customization, everything is available from the start, you have 13 slots, I can't make a choice. It's going to be long before finding 2-3 favorites weapons and classes.

kiguel182

My finger is hurting from all this boost straffing damn lol I'm still having a blast.

Also, scorestreaks that don't reset with dead are an awesome idea. Hopefully it will stick with the next games.

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's too much customization, everything is available from the start, you have 13 slots, I can't make a choice. It's going to be long before finding 2-3 favorites weapons and classes.

its kind of nice that a bunch of stuff is unlocked at the start...probably has to do with their being loot.

Pop

Good on Activision to clarify that you do not need to buy the season pass to play the zombie mode.

Really? I bought TitanFall from work the other day and it was at 65% when I got home.

Interesting, did they fixed it in the update?

I'm %100 digital since nxt gen launch not once any of my pre-loads auto started on standby...odd.

Now PS4 a different story, bought a gm while I was traveling with work from a different state and PS4 started pre-loading in an instant.

Wonderllama

Neo Member
I've noticed that I've really disliked the Infinity Ward games, but love the Treyarch games. Now there's Sledgehammer that seems to be pretty cool.

Note to self. Only Treyarch and Sledgehammer CODs going forward

So X1 is trailing by over 100k - that is very interesting.

Shocking. Has the Xbox bundle released yet? That should close the gap.

So, even with marketing deals, Xbox is still losing? That would really be surprising. Interested to see the numbers for NPD on this one

Navy Bean

Wow for all the software features that the X1 does better than the Ps4, I would've assumed that such a basic thing would be included -___-

I'm still confused as to whether a game is downloading or not when my X1 is off. Seems like sometimes it works and then other times it doesn't. I liked how the 360 power button would blink on/off when the console was off and a game was downloading.

ethomaz

Banned
So X1 is trailing by over 100k - that is very interesting.
To be fair I expect PS4 to be ahead WW and below in US.

Shocking. Has the Xbox bundle released yet? That should close the gap.

So, even with marketing deals, Xbox is still losing? That would really be surprising. Interested to see the numbers for NPD on this one
NPD Xbone will be ahead for sure... better deals, bundle and more CoD userbase.

How are the modes?

I hear dead silence doesn't exist anymore, are modes like SnD fun like they used to be in COD4/Blops 1?

How are new modes like SnR?

Top Bottom