• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Lucifon

Have dedicated servers on XB1 been confirmed? If so, I'm definitely going to regret getting the PS4 version. My experience with the multiplayer has been fat from enjoyable thanks to the inconsistent netcode. I've tried both wired and wireless connection and it doesn't seem to change much. Everybody's ping is almost always in the red. :(

Please tell me PS4 has dedi's too...?

Not sure I need to know my accuracy so... Accurately lmao
7c4562cb5d.jpg

17.54% would be enough. 17.5%, even.

lol someone forgot setprecision( )

I'm at a disadvantage without Dual Mags attachment and I'm not waiting to get 20 head shots for another gun. I'll do it eventually, but not now.

Wish they had a fast reload perk instead of making it an attachment again.

Seconded.

ASW is my favorite gun so far, and really liking the overall feel, even when I'm getting my ass kicked. Reminds me a lot of BLOPS2.

aravuus

Anyone else enjoy Classic more than the jump jump stuff?

I hope hard point is added to classic playlist. Think I'll spend most my time in the classic playlist

Those of you struggling should give this game mode a try

It's blops 3

Also hoping for classic hardpoint, would probably end up being my most played game mode.

Lucifon

I thought Gun Game was meant to be in? I'm not seeing it in the multiplayer game modes anywhere, private or public.

Fistwell

On PS4, MP visuals look like putrid ass on the cple of maps I played, also grossly stuttery for me. Almost comically so. Hoping to god it get better.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Have dedicated servers on XB1 been confirmed? If so, I'm definitely going to regret getting the PS4 version. My experience with the multiplayer has been fat from enjoyable thanks to the inconsistent netcode. I've tried both wired and wireless connection and it doesn't seem to change much. Everybody's ping is almost always in the red. :(

I've seen pings in the red (myself included) but didn't actually feel like myself or anyone else was lagging in the game.

On PS4, MP visuals look like putrid ass on the cple of maps I played, also grossly stuttery for me. Almost comically so. Hoping to god it get better.

hyperbole much? obviously not as pretty as campaign but the game looks and runs fine in PS4 MP. haven't had any stutter issues. been buttery smooth so far.

Dazzyman

Has the MP got bots like ghosts?

That's all me and the wife played on Ghosts, MP with bots and they were bloody clever bots

SP is really good so far.

I am kind of mixed on MP, had some instances of severe lag while the enemy was able to pop me just fine.

Is the TAC-19 (shockwave shotgun) so damn weak? I was walking behind two guys and I fired 2 rounds at point blank range and he just turns and kills me in 2/3 hits. Like, people barely get gibbed at point blank with one hit, it's always upwards of 2 shots. I feel punished for trying to even use the shotgun at this point.

So far it definitely seems like I am lacking some kind of stopping power perk.

Ecto311

Going in to trade destiny for this today - good decision? Did really like destiny but think I might wait 6 months or so then get back to it when its a bit more fleshed out.

Is it available at best buy or some place today or tomorrow? This shit is confusing.

Anyone able to unlock the PS3 version of the game with their PS4 digital purchase?

It's crossbuy both ways this year.

Cross buy work for only digital or physical copies of the game?

nOoblet16

The pre rendered cutscenes look great and the facial animations doesn't really suffer from dead eye look that much. Most of the time the dead eye effect is due to the muscle around eye being stiff but it's not as bad as I imagined it'd look. The ingame character models and facial animations are just as great, the only thing that puts them behind the pre rendered cutscenes are the quality of asset but the animation quality is still good.

Also I am finding the multiplayer quite good, I didn't enjoy Ghosts MP at all because of low TTK, maps with too many entry/exit points as well as the visuals making it hard to find players . This game feels like it is Black Ops 2, the TTK is still high but it is offset by the exo suit.

I think I will play this COD quite a lot until Black Ops 3 comes out, since MW2 I've dreaded playing any non Treyarch game as I just wouldn't like something about it and I'd always find myself waiting for the next Treyarch game. I played maybe 12-14 hours of Ghosts and around the same for MW3 but have over 60-70 hours in both Black Ops games. This just makes me feel that MW3 really was IW's fault and not Sledgehammer.

Fake Edit: How do you dash? Is it an ability you unlock later?

ethomaz

Banned
I was told the PS4 leaderboard reached 500k players... crazy for the Day Zero.

I guess it will outsell Ghosts easily.

Playing MP on PC. Almost feel the "Extra" textures are not applying properly. Everything looks very muddy.

Apt101

I can't find a MP game on PC. Sat in several lobbies for 15 minutes. People come and go. They need dedicated servers, this is frustrating. 45 minutes just waiting, haven't even had a chance to play.

Korten

Banned
Uh... Does anyone have their Digital Content? I got the Limited Edition, typed in the codes, downloaded the dlc and for some reason none of it is in my game. It says Gorge isn't installed and I don't have the camo...

Edit: appears restarting my PS4 did the trick.

ACE 1991

So for someone who hasn't bought a CoD in years, how are you enjoying it? Are the changes enough to warrant hopping back in? I haven't really gotten into a console shooter in quite some time, and would really love to find one to hook me.

So for someone who hasn't bought a CoD in years, how are you enjoying it? Are the changes enough to warrant hopping back in? I haven't really gotten into a console shooter in quite some time, and would really love to find one to hook me.

Its ok. Better than ghosts but I feel blops2 had more of a hook to it. The mobility isn't as fast as it looked on trailers. I am not regretting it but it isn't as hot as I hoped.

Ont

I have a feeling that if I buy this game now I will regret doing that when the new COD game rolls out next year.

Dubz

I can already tell I don't hate this game! When I played 5 matches of Ghosts I almost puked, but with AW I'm having a great time in MP.

legacyzero

Banned
I hope people aren't still complaining about low TTK in the mutiplayer. Seems to me like it takes more to kill folks than what I'm used to.

Cheech

Going in to trade destiny for this today - good decision?

You could trade Destiny for a copy of Superman 64 and a pint of week old Chinese and you'd be making the right call.

I almost bought CoD at Target today for Xbone. ALMOST. I think I will just go digital. Looks good, but I need to see if there is splitscreen.

Moofers

I caved and bought PS4 digital. It's downloaded enough to be playable already and I'm stuck at work for another 6 hours. D'Oh!

I will probably play Vita CoD on my break because I'm that hard up.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Please tell me PS4 has dedi's too...?
Well I'm emptying clips into people only to have them turn around, kill me, and look like I missed every shot when viewing the kill cam. I thought I might have been my connection but I went and tested some other games like BF4 and I wasn't having any hit direction problems there. It's really hampering my enjoyment of what I find to overall be a damn fun game.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How's the sound with the Sony wireless headset on the PS4 ? Bought one of those today as I've been wanting one for ages and seemed as good a time as any :)

I also tried the PS3 version last night after playing the PS4 version and I must admit I got a bit of a shock, I thought it didn't look very good on PS3 at all. It did however run really well.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So if I buy this now on PC, I will be able to play when i get home? Like is everything still Day Zero or whatever?

codecow

I am finding the tweaks are interesting and the game is different enough that it takes some getting used to. I have only been able to play (MP) for a couple of hours but it has already hooked me.

You could trade Destiny for a copy of Superman 64 and a pint of week old Chinese and you'd be making the right call.

I almost bought CoD at Target today for Xbone. ALMOST. I think I will just go digital. Looks good, but I need to see if there is splitscreen.

2 player splitscreen.

Going in to trade destiny for this today - good decision? Did really like destiny but think I might wait 6 months or so then get back to it when its a bit more fleshed out.

Is it available at best buy or some place today or tomorrow? This shit is confusing.

Cross buy work for only digital or physical copies of the game?

Just digital.

Xeroblade

Perfect.

Well I'm emptying clips into people only to have them turn around, kill me, and look like I missed every shot when viewing the kill cam. I thought I might have been my connection but I went and tested some other games like BF4 and I wasn't having any hit direction problems there. It's really hampering my enjoyment of what I find to overall be a damn fun game.

Yeah, it's happening to me too. My biggest complaint about CoD since MW3, and it's back again in full force. Oddly though, I am enjoying myself a lot more with this than I ever did with Ghosts or MW3. It is a nice change of pace, and by taking it less seriously, I'm having more fun with it.

meanspartan

Ok so weird problem.

On the reactor and now deteoit mission, my guns dont work right. They fire once then no matter how many times i hit r2, wont fire again until after I either reload or change weapons. And then sometimes just fires off the clip randomly....WTF

Top Bottom