• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Apt101

Finally found a match for MP on PC. Wow! SO much fun. Rank 4 after the first match, got a sweet new helmet and a new gun. I was rolling shotgun, dodging fire, getting close, got three or four quick kills on groups twice. Finished with like 13 kills and 15 deaths. Not bad for me, I usually do far worse in FPS games. So satisfying clearing a corner and clocking someone in the face, sending them flying.

I can't find a MP game on PC. Sat in several lobbies for 15 minutes. People come and go. They need dedicated servers, this is frustrating. 45 minutes just waiting, haven't even had a chance to play.

Interesting.
I preloaded yesterday and fired up multiplayer this morning at 6:45am before I had to head out for work.
Got in a match in under 2 minutes and was dying from bullet fire 30 seconds later.

Chris1

I doubt xbox one version has dedi's and PS4 not, MS would have been shouting that from the rooftops ff it were true.

Finally found a match for MP on PC. Wow! SO much fun. Rank 4 after the first match, got a sweet new helmet and a new gun. I was rolling shotgun, dodging fire, getting close, got three or four quick kills on groups twice. Finished with like 13 kills and 15 deaths. Not bad for me, I usually do far worse in FPS games. So satisfying clearing a corner and clocking someone in the face, sending them flying.

When the game is firing on all cylinders it's some of the most fun I've had all year.

Surprised even the heavy weapons work well. I've been runnin with the PYTAEK and have a decent KDR in my early AW career.

HBP

Wow pretty surprised how good the reviews for this are, I haven't played a COD in a couple of years. I may have to check this one out.

Vol5

Tesco selling the day zero version off the shelf today for £40. Couldn't resist at that price for ps4

njean777

Well I'm emptying clips into people only to have them turn around, kill me, and look like I missed every shot when viewing the kill cam. I thought I might have been my connection but I went and tested some other games like BF4 and I wasn't having any hit direction problems there. It's really hampering my enjoyment of what I find to overall be a damn fun game.

Never trust the killcam. It is never accurate of what really happened. I found that ever since Blops and onwards that the killcam never is accurate.

The only reason it is useful is to find out where they are if they are camping.

U2NUMB

I'm curious, what's the population count on Xbox One?

Will not be a problem.. I was at the midnight Best Buy thing and about 60 people total there and it was easily 70% X1 with many console bundles out the door. I was very surprised by that number but it could just be that Xbox brand brings out the guys at midnight. Both systems will have plenty of players for this game.

It might take a hit next week with MCC releasing but the game seems good so it will have legs and will do just fine on all platforms.. PC might be the one that suffers with population first but that is normal.

kiguel182

I'm actually quite pissed there is no Gun Game lol. I freaking LOVE that mode.

I'm on the same boat. I was actually looking forward to it.

you can't really play around with the camera angles and stuff with the dolly though. seeing some kills or funny things happen in non-fps view was fun :(

Oh, I didn't know you could change the camera angle and stuff on Theatre Mode. In that case yeah, it's different doing it with the Share options.

PepperedHam

I am getting extreme lag and it is absolutely not my connection. No matter what lobby I go into I get a stuttery laggy mess. This wasn't happening last night but now I can't escape it. I have no idea what to do.

BokehKing

Banned
Will not be a problem.. I was at the midnight Best Buy thing and about 60 people total there and it was easily 70% X1 with many console bundles out the door. I was very surprised by that number but it could just be that Xbox brand brings out the guys at midnight. Both systems will have plenty of players for this game.

It might take a hit next week with MCC releasing but the game seems good so it will have legs and will do just fine on all platforms.. PC might be the one that suffers with population first but that is normal.
It wasn't a come to defense question, just a numerical one

aravuus

Does the suppressor lower your gun's damage even though it doesn't say so? Cause I swear to god these enemies are definitely taking more bullets before they die now that I've got a suppressor on

-griffy-

Banned
I didn't realize that Sledgehammer is made up of former Visceral people, and Visceral is making BF: Hardline. Interesting that both new entries in the major shooter franchises are made by former Dead Space people. I wonder how similar their approach to the campaigns will end up being.

I didn't realize that Sledgehammer is made up of former Visceral people, and Visceral is making BF: Hardline. Interesting that both new entries in the major shooter franchises are made by former Dead Space people. I wonder how similar their approach to the campaigns will end up being.

That's actually a really good point. I didn't like the hardline beta but the campaign could be good?

kendrid

Banned
I kicked off the PS4 download from my Amazon code at 8:30 this morning. By 12 it was downloaded, installed and patched.

I only played three rounds but all three were smooth and most importantly fun. Good job devs!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does the suppressor lower your gun's damage even though it doesn't say so? Cause I swear to god these enemies are definitely taking more bullets before they die now that I've got a suppressor on

haven't used silencer in this game. if range is the only stat it drops it usually means that its effecting the damage drop off and not how much damage the gun actually does.

for example technically your gun isn't doing less damage but at long range your gun might take 5 hits to kill instead of 4. at medium it might take 4 instead of 3...etc

kendrid

Banned
I'm wondering why did they remove the total players online. It's been there since COD4. I like knowing that information.

I did not see it anywhere in the menus. I always liked seeing the player count in each game mode. I also loved the globe showing player locations.

Radian8

Really impressed by the Multi (I'm playing on PC). It feels like COD and UT had a strange child. The share pace of the game is fantastic, really hectic and quick.

It's also a fantastic PC version I have to say. Looks, sounds and plays great. (The joys of 1440P and 91FPS)

Hopefully the PC community gets bigger!

Top Bottom