• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Somnia

So I got the Call of Duty XB1 system and the game code isnt working. Have talked to 3 separate Xbox customer reps with 3 different stories from each and no answers. Now on phone support with Activision and will probably not get help there also. Watching twitter on xbox support I'm not the only one with this issue.

Getting ZERO help from them is pissing me off.

If ANYONE at Activision or Xbox is reading this you guys need to get this figured out. Not a good way to start this.

Picked up the Day 0 edition today. Extremely surprised by the how solid and fun this game is (PS4). Double the graphics and framerate quality of Destiny. Online played super smooth for me with no issues (US east coast) on a 4G LTE connection (t-mobile). Very happy with this game. Will get rid of Destiny now (prolly trade in). COD developers make Bungie look like amateurs! (As a side not ive only played COD 2 online before this one, 9 yrs ago)

What the fuck is this, quit playing over your cellular network.

What kind of latency must that introduce? Holy shit.

I bet everyone else in your matches gets fucked over by lag compensation.

Korosenai

Seems the Xbox live servers are down. I can't get onto Xbox live to play

Edit: As I was typing this out they started working, so false alarm.

Mattenth

Is there anywhere to see game stats similar to CoD:Elite or the old Ghosts app?

And is there anywhere to see how many people are playing on consoles? They used to list how many people were on the playlist. Steam obviously has concurrency numbers public.

NHale

PS4 here. Can anyone else confirm that the Day Zero preorder bonus only work on the account that you used to buy the game?

DLC usually work on every account in the same console but I'm not seeing the AK-12G or the crossbow anywhere.

I can't even download the game that came with my console bundle. Says "We couldn't find your code"

Xbox.com says there is an Xbox Live Service Alert that affects all purchases with codes.

This is just another reason why I hate digital games.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Multi is fucking brilliant and some of the most fun I've had with COD since BLOPS1. I love the exosuit so damn much and have a loadout I really enjoy using at the minute. Basically an Elite version of one of the assault rifles with silencer, foregrip and red dot sight. Pistol, Lightweight perk, Overcharge perk (to extend Exo ability), Mute Exo ability (to run around silent), Blind Eye to stay off the radar and Blast Suppresor to stay off the map when moving around in the Exo suit. I removed all the scorestreaks as I wasn't too bothered about them. It's great for run and gun play and I'm having so much fun with it. Had some brilliant encounters boosting to avoid people, slamming into people whilst in the air, jumping over folk and flanking them etc.

It's kind of strange that the exo ability doesn't recharge at all. Should have been part of the scavenger perk or something.

I thought it did recharge albeit a bit slowly ? I could have sworn I use Mute at least a few times during a good match.

So the PS3 version is free if you get the PS4 version?

Does it automatically show in your PS3 downloads or do you receive a code or what?

I just played my first COD match in YEARS and went 17-8 with 5 assists. This game runs so damn well on my system. So nice :). I loved COD4, but I remembered when putting in buttons, the game HATED the use of arrow keys (or the general area around it).

So, it's a bit unfortunate to hear that using your abilities marks you on radar. Though maybe that's a good thing so that you are constantly killed from leverages given by the abilities?

I wish they'd buff health so that weapons require 1-2 more shots. That would inspire a lot more confidence in me to purchase the game.

How is weapon balance with COD these days anyway?

With games like COD4, the balance seemed sensible: Snipers for long range, SMGs for hipfire, AR's for medium to long. And is it true quickscoping has been taken away/reduced?

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
My enjoyment for the game just went down the tubes. My favorite game mode in COD has always been Hardcore Search and after learning the maps by playing regular core I finally find out that hardcore is ruined because they didn't use the RICOCHET penalty.

In my first hardcore match, MY FIRST FUCKING HARDCORE MATCH, I get teamkilled on purpose while defusing the bomb.

This game is probably going to be a no go from me, unfortunately.

Somnia

I can't even download the game that came with my console bundle. Says "We couldn't find your code"

Xbox.com says there is an Xbox Live Service Alert that affects all purchases with codes.

This is just another reason why I hate digital games.

Same here, but my AC4 and Unity code I got worked just fine. Everything I've done works perfectly except this code with the AW system. Looking on twitter it's a very common thing. XBox Support is worthless and have given me 3 different stories.

mreddie

My enjoyment for the game just went down the tubes. My favorite game mode in COD has always been Hardcore Search and after learning the maps by playing regular core I finally find out that hardcore is ruined because they didn't use the RICOCHET penalty.

In my first hardcore match, MY FIRST FUCKING HARDCORE MATCH, I get teamkilled on purpose while defusing the bomb.

I got shotgunned by my own team on Black Ops 1, just roll with it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So, it's a bit unfortunate to hear that using your abilities marks you on radar. Though maybe that's a good thing so that you are constantly killed from leverages given by the abilities?

I wish they'd buff health so that weapons require 1-2 more shots. That would inspire a lot more confidence in me to purchase the game.

How is weapon balance with COD these days anyway?

With games like COD4, the balance seemed sensible: Snipers for long range, SMGs for hipfire, AR's for medium to long. And is it true quickscoping has been taken away/reduced?

Blast Suppressor rules all, I won't have a loadout without it.

PS4 here. Can anyone else confirm that the Day Zero preorder bonus only work on the account that you used to buy the game?

DLC usually work on every account in the same console but I'm not seeing the AK-12G or the crossbow anywhere.

It should. Check out your library(you made the purchase) maybe the dlc didn't download. It will list everything you have available.

Edit:
I meant my add-ons tab from the game using the account you purchased the game.

MDahruO.jpg

Honestly,

Classic needs more love and gameplay modes

To me it feels like Blops 3.

Need HQ, Demolition, and Hardpoint. This would be my shooter for the next year.

I dont think i am feeling the Exo abilities.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Proably been asked a million times but does this support pads?

Sorry/Thanks

Prologue

Finished the game today on hard mode. Very enjoyable, some nice set pieces. Don't know why some people thought it was their typical COD. There was some nice variety in there. Even reminded me of MW2 in some. I didn't get the completion achievement though :(. My ps4 did shut down once by mistake but I did continue where I left off.

I hate ricochet. It's time to think of a better way to punish jerks. I wouldn't be against outright banning griefers who team kill consistently from the hardcore playlist, and then from the game and ultimately XBL/PSN for a temporary duration if it's severe enough.

Or maybe a hybrid where you can get Team killed, except when your teammate has the objective, in which case it's ricochet?

Portugeezer

Played some Exo Survival in public matchmaking, highest wave was 6, no real tactics at the moment but damn I am surprised how challenging it was, the AI shoot well.

PepperedHam

Haven't been able to find a gun that I gel with yet. At rank 30 and having fun but I'm so inconsistent and I'm sitting on a 0.69 k/d that fluctuates constantly. The weird stuttery lag doesn't help either. Some games will be fine others are a weird buffet of red bars across the board for everyone. Just gotta roll with it I guess until they fix or implement these dedicated servers they are talking about. Hopefully they get brought to PS4.

Uplink is a blast, definitely my favorite mode. A total k/d killer though from my experiences. No big deal though I've never really cared all that much for k/d whoring in CoD but it's a shot in the ego to see mine dip so low.

I tried to play a classic match and it's so weird after spending so much time with the Exo Suit. It feels so slow that I'm not sure that I will play it much after my initial go at it.

Is it just me or are the spawns in this game completely fucked

For the most part they haven't been bad. But there have been a few times I died and respawned right next to the guy who just killed me, a revenge spawn I guess, but usually when this happens I always seem to be fucking around with a weird loadout and I just get killed again. Seems to vary depending on how chaotic things are. I find it happens mostly when the other team is way better than mine. They control the whole map so there really aren't many safe spawn points.

thejpfin

yeah don't use your mobile connection lol.

Why not? I'm using 3g connection and my ping is about 30-40ms in CS:GO. (saying CS:GO, cuz CS shows actual ping number unlike cod).
Though if your 3g/4g mast is far away where you live, you might experience some lag.

But yes, ping is more important than bandwidth if you play online games.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
I got shotgunned by my own team on Black Ops 1, just roll with it.

Trying. Such a turn off though. I am enjoying the game otherwise.

I hate ricochet. It's time to think of a better way to punish jerks. I wouldn't be against outright banning griefers who team kill consistently from the hardcore playlist, and then from the game and ultimately XBL/PSN for a temporary duration if it's severe enough.

Or maybe a hybrid where you can get Team killed, except when your teammate has the objective, in which case it's ricochet?

Second idea still won't work. You'll then get people that will grief for grabbing the bomb and just purposely not planting it.

Shikoba

Enjoying the game a lot. The addition of the exo suit is pretty great. Dabbled in a bit of the campaign and mutiplayer before work and so far I am impressed with both. Spacey of course is awesome.

Metalmarc

Noob question time, i saved a 2 min clip to ps4 hdd, connected my youtube account for first time, tried to upload clip 5 secs laters ps4 says cannot upload clip.

Some more info

My youtube account is fine, no problem with my account.

Is it because the games not quite fully installed yet? Just jumped straight in the basic stuff while it installs, wouldn't have thought it mattered though, because i was still able to play one level with bots for 20 mins, and just recorded me fucking about.

Or is it because it's a game i bought from the U.S psn store and im in the U.K, maybe some restriction via youtube due to that? Or is it just a problem with the youtube network/psn?

i'll try a few more things Later, its 1am here, my eyes are burning, so i have had to shut it off till the morning

Cavalier

Banned
Played Campaign for about an hour and 1 round of MP. TTK reminds me of BO2. It's actually a lot better than I thought. Also loving the hell out of the exoskeleton side dash.

Yep, they actually made a good COD game.

Congrats to Sledgehammer. Infinity Wards is now officially the worst COD developer studio out of the 3.

To those who played Advanced Warfare on PS4, did you face any frame pacing and screen tearing issues? This killed my experience with the god awful game called Ghosts on PS4(both in SP and MP).

Top Bottom