• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

My Day Zero Edition from Amazon still says "shipping now" and has the guaranteed delivery date for today. Am I still getting this delivered today somehow or is this a bug with Amazon? I'd be pretty pissed if I didn't get this today when I was guaranteed I would for quite some time.

Amazon guarantees there shipping if it doesn't arrive today send them an email complaining (recommended) or contact customer service through chat. They will either extended your prime membership another month for free (if you have it) or, give you 5 bucks in credit. Sucks to miss out I know, but you may as well get something for your trouble.

Kakulin

Banned
Picked up the Day 0 edition today. Extremely surprised by the how solid and fun this game is (PS4). Double the graphics and framerate quality of Destiny. Online played super smooth for me with no issues (US east coast) on a 4G LTE connection (t-mobile). Very happy with this game. Will get rid of Destiny now (prolly trade in). COD developers make Bungie look like amateurs! (As a side not ive only played COD 2 online before this one, 9 yrs ago)

Sojgat

When I can actually get a good connection, this game is great. Requires quitting a lot of matchmaking then quitting until this happens though.

Why does it have to be this way activision?

RexNovis

Banned
Either I am having absolutely shitty luck in multiplayer or the netcode in this game is atrocious. 4 matches in a row with 2 -3 host migrations in each game and frequent lag spikes. I know its not me because the other people in my party all also experienced the lag and I have an excellent fiber connection here in Japan. Multiplayer has been maddeningly frustrating because of all this server/host lag so far. Is anyone experiencing this?

That and its taking me a lot longer than I thought to adjust to the added vertical of the jetpacks and what not.

Edit:
It really is. It's some of the worst I've ever seen in a COD game.

Love the game but it's unfucking playable with one bar of red ping. Shit needs to get fixed.

What's the lag situation like on other platforms? PS4 here and it's pretty terrible.

I wish they would release a statement about it. No sign of dedis....

This fucking lag is atrocious

Whelp at least I know its not just me. Lag has made this game 0 fun for me in multiplayer so far.

I don't like how the player name is almost near the middle of screen whenever someone voice chats and the font is huge. The only place for it is either top right corner or below the mini map.

Yea this is a really odd design decision. Its really distracting. Anyone know if there is a way to disable the notifications?

Either I am having absolutely shitty luck in multiplayer or the netcode in this game is atrocious. 4 matches in a row with 2 -3 host migrations in each game and frequent lag spikes. I know its not me because the other people in my party all also experienced the lag and I have an excellent fiber connection here in Japan. Multiplayer has been maddeningly frustrating because of all this server/host lag so far. Is anyone experiencing this?

That and its taking me a lot longer than I thought to adjust to the added vertical of the jetpacks and what not.

Yea, I'm having the same problem. Every game I've been in, is just constant lagging and red connection.

Japarican

Banned
If you guys thought "press x to salute was funny" wait till you beat the game and see the last pic they randomly put in after credits

Bought this last night because I'm fiscally irresponsible. Played a couple of hours of MP and enjoyed it on first impressions, then tonight it basically ate my whole evening. I may settle into the SP at some point but I'm finding the MP way too fun to want that yet. If there's a PS4 GAF clan happening I'd like to join, but there doesn't seem to be any info on that yet from a cursory search of the thread.
I don't wanna be the guy who starts it.

It's weird, ever since the first few games I'm finding myself way better at this than I normally am at multiplayer FPSes. Or at least, I'm more satisfied with my results more of the time.
.9 KDR is so much better than normal for me.
Personally the moving about/exo jumping/etc. feels good, maybe not Titanfall levels but definitely fun.

Weapons-wise, it was the AK-12 at first, then the second SMG (name escapes me), then the SR6. I like the mechanics of the weapons; some interesting stuff like the first few bullets firing faster and so on. Haven't really messed about with the energy weapons bar the railgun pistol, which is pretty fun. It's also cool to have the variant weapons with tweaked stats. My main gripe is that the default pistol, which is usually at least competent in FPSes, feels so incredibly boring. It's even more obvious considering how good some of the other weapons feel.

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know if Exo survival actually unlocks stuff for you? Or does it do nothing? Friend and I played a private match and didn't get anything for it.

BokehKing

Banned
What was so great about Blops 2?

I felt TTK was low and maps seemed eh.

I liked Blops 1 and COD4
Blops2 was good first and foremost because it wasn't a modern warfare game

Second, because Treyarch (and now sledgehammer) always innovate the series
IW holds it back

bennycash

Neo Member
Amazon guarantees there shipping if it doesn't arrive today send them an email complaining (recommended) or contact customer service through chat. They will either extended your prime membership another month for free (if you have it) or, give you 5 bucks in credit. Sucks to miss out I know, but you may as well get something for your trouble.

They gave me $5 for the hassle. Not a huge deal but it would've been nice to get it to start playing tonight.

Card Boy

Banned
Does anyone know if Exo survival actually unlocks stuff for you? Or does it do nothing? Friend and I played a private match and didn't get anything for it.

I belive you get zombie stuff from it.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-02-at-5.50.03-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-11-02-at-5.50.47-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-11-02-at-5.51.12-PM.png

But if your talking about level ups and shit, then no it doesn't do that.

S¡mon

Banned
First impressions.

This was the first Call of Duty that I bought in years. Played 1 or 2 hours of singleplayer and an hour of multiplayer.

I like it. A lot. The multiplayer mode seems refined: it has the elements that I loved years ago, with quite a bit of - for lack of a better word - innovation, that makes it seem fresh and new.

The singleplayer, well, I feel like there have been better CoD single players, but it's definitely not bad. It's still that rollercoaster ride that you would expect.

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised.

HiiiLife

Good lord I am getting fucked up in multiplayer. I swear I'm not this shitty. Getting 2.0 kd is a cakewalk in last CoDs and I'm struggling to break 1.5. What the fuck.

v1lla21

Okay, I just played 2 hours and I've liked it so far. I hated it first because of the first weapon, but I got a few unlocks and it's much better now. Guns feel fun except for the first handgun, it fucking sucks.

anyone having troubles with the weapons that come with the day zero edition? I bought the physical Day zero edition at bestbuy for ps4, and entered the DLC code to download the AK12g and the crossbow. It says it is downloaded and installed, but I can't find the weapons on the game. there is no option to choose. Anyone having the same issue?

Meia

Is there really so few guns? Is the slight start variations in the loot created to make up for that?

Um, there's like 6 assault rifles, 6 submachine guns, 4 LMGs, 3 shotguns....

The "unlock" pre-order guns are ones that fit into the new loot system. The new guns you get from it are reskins of the regular guns, with +1/-1 to certain stats(higher the rarity, more +1/-1s there are. HOWEVER, you have to unlock the base gun via leveling to be able to pick them. The crossbow unlocks at lv48, so you can't use the pre-order one til you get up there in level. And yes, when you presitge it works the same way, you don't lose your loot.

Man after about four strait hours of multiplayer, all I can really say is the magic is back. This is the most fun I've had online in years, there's just something so wonderfully satisfying about the whole movement system. Netcode (for me at least) was also pretty ace, only lagged once, never got shot around corners, and all my bullets went where I was aiming. And While I agree that TTK is really low on stationary opponents, once you get moving and dashing it takes a good bit to do someone in.

Immensely enjoying my time with the game, and I might just get my first ever season pass.

Nodnol

Haven't played enough to judge fully, but so far it seems as long as the connection is good, the multiplayer is refreshingly brilliant...only that's not the case all the time.

Quick question; I couldn't find a way to view other people's KDR...if it's not available for others to see, then it might finally stop people caring to the point that it's detrimental to the community. Anyone know if you can see it?

Card Boy

Banned
anyone having troubles with the weapons that come with the day zero edition? I bought the physical Day zero edition at bestbuy for ps4, and entered the DLC code to download the AK12g and the crossbow. It says it is downloaded and installed, but I can't find the weapons on the game. there is no option to choose. Anyone having the same issue?

Select the AK12 and press right one to go to the AK12G, same for the crossbow.

Keep in mind you have to be the appropriate level to use both weapons. Crossbow is like Level 48.

Meia

The movement is really fun, the weapons are really fun, the only thing kind of just there are the scorestreaks. Ah well. :p

Select the AK12 and press right one to go to the AK12G, same for the crossbow.

Keep in mind you have to be the appropriate level to use both weapons. Crossbow is like Level 48.

Makes sense. I will check that out. What is the level for AK12G? thanks again

Sojgat

Good lord I am getting fucked up in multiplayer. I swear I'm not this shitty. Getting 2.0 kd is a cakewalk in last CoDs and I'm struggling to break 1.5. What the fuck.

Use Blast suppressor and learn to use side strafe a lot. You will dominate.

Ellite25

Anyone else have their game crash when trying to enter a multiplayer match saying something about corrupt files? I have the disc version too.

Edit: PS4 version

Top Bottom