• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is my least favourite CoD ever, I just hate the gameplay. £40 well and truly wasted, and I'm gutted. I've been looking forward to AW so much but it's a total stinker. I've put 300 - 400 hours into each CoD but I'm basically done after 10.

jackdoe

Some of the spawn points are questionable in this game. Especially for domination. Spawning right in front of an unguarded enemy capture point is almost like cheating.

Korten

Banned
It's only the little bonus things you get for a quick achievement(like getting a Bloodthirsty medal gets you the Bloodied helmet for 30 minutes) that expire, that's all.

Yeah... Cause everything I got from Supply boxes have yet to expire.

Card Boy

Banned
How do i get to the bonus round in Exo Survival? The most i got was 17 rounds and all our Exo abilities, movement and equipment got disabled and we got slaughtered.

Only managed to play 1 game last night due to a few issues I had getting it started but noticed we would all have 3 bars and then suddenly all go red with 1 bar then back to 3 etc etc. Is it just broken or is this another case like blops2 where there is a hard to see option for changing how strict the match making is in terms of latency?

Edit: posted right as above post mentions no match making preferences. Lame.

Seem to recall reading dedicated servers were coming. Please be soon.

Is the ping meter bugged? At any given time half my lobby has 1 bar?

And with the record feature plus Kill Cam is easy to show just how fucked up it is
Right now it's old school P2P where one of the players is the host with artificial lag (aka lag compensation). They did say that dedicated servers would hit eventually, but they've been cryptically vague.

E92 M3

It's only the little bonus things you get for a quick achievement(like getting a Bloodthirsty medal gets you the Bloodied helmet for 30 minutes) that expire, that's all.

That seems so dumb...that's basically 2-3 matches of where you don't even see it.

JP

I had no idea that I got the PS3 version free for buying the PS4 version!! It's only that I logged into the PS3 Store for something else and saw it that I realised Activision were doing a CrossBuy style thing. Can't imagine I'll ever need the PS3 version but I suppose it's better to have it than to not have it.

Cake Boss

Banned
This is my least favourite CoD ever, I just hate the gameplay. £40 well and truly wasted, and I'm gutted. I've been looking forward to AW so much but it's a total stinker. I've put 300 - 400 hours into each CoD but I'm basically done after 10.

What was your opinion of Ghosts?

Ryan_

so what's everyone's favourite gun so far?

I like HBrA as well as the BAL, not quite sure yet which one will be my go to

So does anyone know what kind of cosmetic stuff you get in multiplayer for finishing the campaign?

I've gotten a few things so far. I want more lol.

Dajanksta

Banned
Anyone know the rarity rankings of items? I got s supply drop with a shirt and its colored different than my other green drops. Kinda orange.

kiguel182

Okay, I think I'm done for the day. Time to go to sleep.

So far I've mostly played multiplayer and it has been a blast. I'm still getting a hang of the new movements but it feels really good when I'm able to pull some cool things with well timed jumps and boosts. The whole mechanic is really satisfying.

Maps have been mostly good, some are just a little too confusing but maybe I'm simply not used to them. There are the odd spawn or shot in the back but it doesn't happen enough times to be frustrating.

The game has this habit of giving you tons of medals and making loud noises every time you do something that I guess it's supposed to make you feel good and, to a point, it does but after a while it gets tiresome. It's a little too much. It also doesn't tell you what you unlock every time you do a challenge so I have to go find the new stuff.

That said the way things are unlocked still feels really good, especially coming from Destiny. A lot of things just feel good coming from Destiny to be honest.

Overall it's pretty much what I expected and wanted and that's a good thing. Let's see if it holds up. I think it will and I finally can stop playing Destiny since now I have an actually good multiplayer game to play. Who knew the guys that did Dead Space would make a better multiplayer shooter than fucking Bungie?

Wow the multiplayer is way more fun than I thought it would be. When you get into a firefight mid-air and you start circle dashing around each other...

FE_DA_120823ObamaSweat425x283.jpg

TheXbox

Hey CoDGAFers if I loved Black Ops 2 but hated almost every other CoD after 4 will I enjoy this game at all? Talking exclusively about MP, btw.

nOoblet16

I don't like how the player name is almost near the middle of screen whenever someone voice chats and the font is huge. The only place for it is either top right corner or below the mini map.

Vire

Good, I despised Ghosts to hell. I think thats the worst COD since World at War and COD3

Those are exactly my three least favorite Call of Duty games and I've been enjoying this so far.

Note: I've only played the campaign, but it's a good romp and the pacing is significantly better than Ghosts.

VLEXP

So i have not played at all since i am work, but I did test some guns on the range.
and I noticed that when ever I aim I click Right Mouse button and it stays. is there a way i can switch it to just aiming for as long as i hold the button.

and btw im on pc.

belushy

Banned
So I'm downloading the 360 version right now. Will I be able to play it when it finishes, or do I have to wait for midnight? If not, anyone else who has the 360 version have anything to say about it?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ahhhh now I remember why I love cod so much, 1st match after work pits my team a bunch of lvl 1-4s against a full team of 2 clans all in there 40s already....

Gotta love dat match making!

Strider

Hey CoDGAFers if I loved Black Ops 2 but hated almost every other CoD after 4 will I enjoy this game at all? Talking exclusively about MP, btw.

I'd say so. I loved BO2 and COD4. Thought the rest were average at best... but I'm really liking this so far. It feels closer to BO2 than any other COD.

Lucifon

What's the lag situation like on other platforms? PS4 here and it's pretty terrible.

I wish they would release a statement about it. No sign of dedis....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What was your opinion of Ghosts?

Wasn't great, but it was CoD at least. I still enjoyed it for a couple of months. I've hated AW from my first game and I'm forcing myself to play it in the hope I start to like it, otherwise I might as well have burned my money. There's just nothing about it I like and so much I hate.

Biggest issue for me is the reg, no one dies yet I die instantly, I'm not sure if it's due to lag compensation or the P2P servers (also pissed they lied about dedis) but something is off, in other games I'd get 50+ kills every round and pull off nukes semi regularly but in AW it feels like I'm using rubber bullets as I only get hit markers. I also don't like the killsreaks, nor the perks, they both seem lacking.

The sound is another major issue for me, I can't hear anyone. In previous games I used sound to my advantage but I literally can't hear anyone unless they're touching me. My own footsteps are loud and distracting though.

Finally the exo jump and strafe, I hate it, I thought it was going to be great but it's not. I like the launcher and stuff like ping but the movement stuff kills the gameplay for me. And on PC I constantly accidently exo strafe and according to others they do it all the time as well, it's really easy to do when moving with WASD.

Overall I'm disappointed and gutted I'm out £40 which is a lot to me, I only buy a few games a year and the money could have been spent better, plus I'm just sad I won't get months of enjoyment out of the game like I usually do.

Is anyone else having really really slow texture loading? Is the game still installing or something? What's going on?

I start a match and it takes until the END of the freakin' match for all the low res textures to finally load in.

If it's going to be like this every time, that's gonna suck.

Top Bottom