• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Nivert

Okay yeah, Infected is a hell of a lot of fun with the new movement lol. It's almost 4am.

Just add gun game and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in game hours

e: it destroys my kdr but who the fuck cares

Yeah it's pretty fun. Have they said why gun game isn't in yet since they confirmed it before release :/

Took a bit of finagling since you can't change dimensions, but I got it.

wxXE3gI.jpg

Holy shit that pic looks amazing

Webhead

Banned
Ok so I have been trying to install COD (physical copy) on the Xbox One for the past two hours and keep getting stuck with the installing....queued....installing....queued....installing etc. etc. bug. I am at the point where I completely deleted the game, did a hard reset, and now I am installing it again. When the "do you want to update" pop up came up I chose "update later". What do I do next? After the game finishes installing, will be safe to download and install the update? Do I need to do a hard reset first? Is there some specific way I need to do the update?

Delt31

I can't decide.
Get it for the PS4 or PC :(

Got the 780.
and got a real nice sony tv for the ps4.
-help-

same situation - ended up buying PC for SP and PS4 for MP. Should have just bought it on PS4. Game plays really smooth on ps4 - PC port not as good for controller players like me.

I forgot how good 60FPS feels on a console shooter (Destiny). This is like butter.

I was watching PC streams last night, and it looked gorgeous. I'm genuinely impressed with the XB1 version though, regardless of the resolution circlejerk. If it wasn't for the big download, I'd have gotten it on PC...but honestly, I have no regrets in my choice of platform with how tight this is playing.

Actually really digging the campaign so far. Well, except for Mission 6
Fuck the KVA Key Man; they barely give you any time and it must of took me half a dozen tries.
. Otherwise, they really improved on adding some quiet moments, making the action beats pop more. It's definitely over the top and bombastic as ever, but I feel like the execution is much better than the last couple of entries.

Nokterian

Can someone help a fellow gaffer out? Told my story a few pages back but i can say this i can repay you next month it is just a question it doesn't matter if it can't be done i will wait for next month my self. I want to get the EU version because by my mistake i bought the US and the content doesn't go to my EU at all. I tried everything and even spoke with playstation it is region locked. Big mistake by me. Hit me up with a pm and yet again i am just asking nothing more nothing less! :)

I think all digital preloads on PS4 are buggered. I was just told by Sony that I have to delete the entire game and start the download all over again.

Lol. So that's why my game was locked again with a timer when I came from work?

The funny thing is I played 4 hours yesterday aka til 2am when the game unlocked.

Anyway I already deleted and re-downloading but I'll have to play till tomorrow though

bpfd

Sorry, Short on time and cant go through the whole thread to find the answer. PSN has the digital pro edition as a 52 gb download. Is it really that big of a download? I only have a 150 gb hard drive.

ViciousDS

Banned
moving away from dedicated servers with the biggest f****** stupid mistake they could have done. Honestly pings are everywhere....my internet connection is phenomenal, i know it's not me. Spawns are on the level of ghosts...m they are fucking terrible at times.

Pat_DC

Only spend a little bit of time yesterday but liking what I have seen so far of SP (art direction, exo abilities and setting) and I am liking the idea of MP but the lag has been insane. Like everyone dropping to single bar pings and teleporting around. I was playing kill confirmed with some gaffers yesterday and I'd phase passed or not collect the tags.

I haven't had any issues with other online games so hopefully this is a day zero server stress thing as it reminds me a lot of Blops 2 which was a lot of fun.

Any one else been having crazy lag problems?

Edit: ^just saw the post above

Edit2: Ps4, Australia

ZangBa

I have a really simple question. Are there dual shotties? I'm falling into some peer pressure here about buying this game and this is very important to me!

Kolgar

Holy shit, loved those last two levels of the campaign! I'm a sucker for that stuff, lol.

My opinion of the game grew as I played it. Yes, I think I had more fun with the Ghosts campaign, but you can't argue with Kevin Spacey or the production values. I had a good time and think this is a solid game.

Adding some Titanfall into MP will just ensure I continue to play it--when I'm not dropping Titans and I need my twitch CoD fix.

jedimike

For those of you having network problems in multiplayer, can you specify what platform you are on? It seems that the majority of network issues are PS4 specific and not across the board. Lag comp, host migrations, and erratic connections are not what I want to hear before I get a chance to play in a couple hours.

GravyButt

Baby sleeping . Wife sick in bed. Game time!

Hopefully its not a lag fest like a few hours ago. Was fine all day, then 4pm est hit and bam, lag city.

ViciousDS

Banned
For those of you having network problems in multiplayer, can you specify what platform you are on? It seems that the majority of network issues are PS4 specific and not across the board. Lag comp, host migrations, and erratic connections are not what I want to hear before I get a chance to play in a couple hours.

Yes, ps4 here

hengyu

man I love the sound design in this game. Shit hits hard lol, sounds so good with nice headphones.

I'm loving the game so far, but the sound design feels just the same as the old CoD games IMO. Not even close to the Battlefield series

Yoday

Sorry, Short on time and cant go through the whole thread to find the answer. PSN has the digital pro edition as a 52 gb download. Is it really that big of a download? I only have a 150 gb hard drive.
No, it's 42GB. I'm not sure why it is listed as 52GB on there now, I noticed that earlier as well. It's still big though.

v1lla21

The time that I've played I've not had any problems either than the long toad times for MP, but I think that's me being impatient. No lag, and no loss of connection so far.

Nevermind about the texture loading issue. The game seems to have finished installing and the textures load nice and fast now. I don't even hear the blu-ray spinning anymore.

jeffc919

moving away from dedicated servers with the biggest f****** stupid mistake they could have done. Honestly pings are everywhere....my internet connection is phenomenal, i know it's not me. Spawns are on the level of ghosts...m they are fucking terrible at times.

I'm glad it's not just me at least. Hopefully it's just launch day hiccups and they get it straightened out.

I'm loving the game so far, but the sound design feels just the same as the old CoD games IMO. Not even close to the Battlefield series

Its lacking the echoing and insane amount of background sound effects of Battlefield, but with a good 7.1 system this game really thumps in all the right areas. The sound in this game is incredible.

Ambient80

Loving it so far but holy damn, I'm wearing the Sony Gold headset and any time a new item unlocks or I open a supply crate it is loud as FUCK. Scared me half to death first time it happened.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

PS4 here.

VinFTW

It's okay. I played for about 2 hours, did some single player missions, nothing memorable but Kevin Spacey sure is awesome.

The movement of the exo-suit in MP is the best part of the game but other than that it's the same CoD I've played way back during my last CoD (MW2).

Got it for $14 (wal-mart trade-in) so can't complain :p Will be a nice distraction till Halo next week.

ramuh

Hey guys. Been playing the hell out of the MP. Really enjoy it. Get's that shit taste out of my mouth (Ghosts).

Anyway quick question. Bought the PS4 Gold Headset and damn is it some good headphones. Beats the crap out of my Triton720. Is there a particular equalizer setting you are using for this game? I've been using the Destiny preset and it's pretty good.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I thought it sounds better than Ghosts. Never played battlefield, well the newer ones.

man, i'm really tempted to pick this up. but I don't know if I should with Halo: MCC around the corner... perhaps I'll pick this up around January or so (like what I did with Ghosts)

Korten

Banned
Not sure about you guys, but I'm fucking loving the SP. Just finished the mission
Utopia
and I really love how it's unfolding. :)

Top Bottom