• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

J-Rzez

Is it just me or are the spawns in this game completely fucked

They were never good in the first place due to PvP in a shoebox maps, but this time around wow, worst out of all the cods I've played. Probably worst spawns in any game ever.

Anyways, why can't they make a CoD feel like mw1/mw2 at all? Both the movements and gunplay.

iJudged

Banned
Went 22-4 in my last match
Qa7txANdjP2Z24GtP9gBVMyTrlaEYoQ-4xayJhjykjx0McRFwloJbvYvJlrE1rhHq-wHt3JOJLM2regU8YIAX_40dzHvzHlGMCg-Jw=w380-h280-nc

HiiiLife

Not to discredit people but is it the honeymoon phase I'm reading? I feel when I first played MW1&2 I knew they would be time sinks so idk. I just hope the impressions don't change next week.

Mattenth

Is there anywhere to see game stats similar to CoD:Elite or the old Ghosts app? Would love to show my kdr to coworkers.

And is there anywhere to see how many people are playing on consoles? They used to list how many people were on the playlist. Steam obviously has concurrency numbers public.

Nocturn

Neo Member
Goodness.... I am sucking so bad online right now. I'm having fun though so its all good. I need to go positive soon :( I'm liking the MP so far though.

Played for a few hours last night and I really enjoy the MP so far. The score streaks are all pretty damn useless from my 5 hours spent with it, so it looks like I'll be rolling with 3 attachments and extra perks for my main classes. Just been dominating just about any game I stumble onto with it. Can't wait to get Scavenger since Toughness feels so toned down from BLOPs 2. Exo abilities are all kinda garbage, too. Won't roll with one until I get the trophy system.

Oh, and these graphics on the PS3 are horrid.

Cavalier

Banned
Not to discredit people but is it the honeymoon phase I'm reading? I feel when I first played MW1&2 I knew they would be time sinks so idk. I just hope the impressions don't change next week.

It's a good COD game to be honest. Was never interested in SP since MW2 and campaign caught my attention. MP seems pretty good as well.

I played Ghosts for about an hour, I already knew it was a POS.

Aside from the worst-in-class spawns, the other thing I'm hating currently is the warping caused by exo movement, particularly double jump.

90 percent of the time when I see an enemy or ally double jump they warp a good 5-10 feet, literally disappearing from the screen for a quarter second. Even if they don't warp the whole animation invariably looks very janky. Melee has the same problem. It's like the netcode can't keep up with the sudden acceleration.

Most of the time the person I see at the top of the scoreboards has a 3 bar or worse connection. The lag compensation is real.

Anyone else still having problems downloading the digital copy on the Xbox One? Been trying to install this bitch since 6pm pacific time last night. It gets to about 25-30% and then just stops and doesn't move. No more further progress. The fuck man I'm bout to rage. I've restarted it 3 times now

Might have to troll Major Nelson or Phil on Twitter now

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Bought the game last night, woke up this morning, game is at 25% installed.

Go to work, come home this evening, game is at 85% installed.

Start to play some more single player...and check the install, it's at 80%. WTF?

I deleted the game and now I'm re-installing. I really hope this will work.

This is very frustrating. The whole point of doing the digital pre-order to get it one day early was a farce. Seriously, what's the point of doing this if it doesn't download properly?

dEvAnGeL

i love this game, MP is awesome, a bit fast but once you adjust is amazing, i tried playing classic mode without the exo suits and no dice, never going back

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, evidently my digital day zero PS4 edition I preloaded is defective and Sony just informed me the only solution is to delete it and re-download the entire 46+ GB again. So much for Day Zero access. Digital buyers get screwed again.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So, evidently my digital day zero PS4 edition I preloaded is defective and Sony just informed me the only solution is to delete it and re-download the entire 46+ GB again. So much for Day Zero access. Digital buyers get screwed again.

Same thing happened to me on Xbox One. What was the point of day zero access?

WOW: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Hi Xbox members, did you purchase the new Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare console bundle and now you're having an issue redeeming the enclosed game code? Our team is currently hard at work trying to get this fixed and we appreciate all your patience while we work. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

Yoday

I am having an absolute blast with this game. I have already played the MP more than all of the other COD's combined. The combination of the more futuristic setting and the exo powers really changes COD for me, and I love it! Double jumping and dashing around is a complete blast. My biggest question now is what Treyarch are going to do with the next COD. Can they really go back to a classic ground based game after this?

Question about double XP. Is the double XP for today basically making any built up double XP through promotions or supply drops useless? I had over two hours of double XP built up, and it is ticking down, but it doesn't seem to be stacking with the day zero double XP as far as I can tell. Seriously disappointing if that is the case.

Pastry

Banned
My KD ratio in some games is just terrrrible. The TTK is hard for me to get used to after having played 270 hours of BF4.

PS4 players, did you have to install multiplayer? What's up with that? I preordered the digital atlas edition or whatever it's called. Booted up my PS4 today and the game was preloaded and launched perfectly. Then I played the first two story missions but when I clicked multiplayer I had to install content. Anyone else encounter this?
I ask because my roommate has it for X1 and didn't have to install multiplayer he just hopped right in.

Yoday

No it hasn't. I played Black Ops all summer long and didn't get spawn killed half as many times and I did in half a day of AW.
I played a little bit of MW3 MP yesterday while waiting for AW to unlock, and they literally spawned me between an enemy and a guy he was shooting, who were not far apart. I'm not sure if that's normal, but I at least having seen anything nearly that bad in AW so far.

aravuus

Okay yeah, Infected is a hell of a lot of fun with the new movement lol. It's almost 4am.

Just add gun game and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in game hours

e: it destroys my kdr but who the fuck cares

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
PS4 players, did you have to install multiplayer? What's up with that? I preordered the digital atlas edition or whatever it's called. Booted up my PS4 today and the game was preloaded and launched perfectly. Then I played the first two story missions but when I clicked multiplayer I had to install content. Anyone else encounter this?
I ask because my roommate has it for X1 and didn't have to install multiplayer he just hopped right in.
I think all digital preloads on PS4 are buggered. I was just told by Sony that I have to delete the entire game and start the download all over again.

Yoday

No, but they did give the option of downloading single player or MP first. Maybe it didn't finish installing the MP if you went with SP first?

Is there dedicated servers on PS4? Cuz if there is they are so bad that they make killzone shadowfalls "dedicated" servers seem utterly fantastic in comparison.

jeffc919

Anyone else getting really bad pings on PS4? I'm in the northeast US, been playing mostly TDM, and my ping (and the ping for most players in the lobby) is all over the place. Sometimes it's 4 bars; sometimes it's 1 bar. Enemies are skipping across the screen when it gets really bad.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I played a little bit of MW3 MP yesterday while waiting for AW to unlock, and they literally spawned me between an enemy and a guy he was shooting, who were not far apart. I'm not sure if that's normal, but I at least having seen anything nearly that bad in AW so far.

Oh I'd definitely agree that MW3, BO2, and Ghosts all had spawn issues but it hasn't always been that way.

No, but they did give the option of downloading single player or MP first. Maybe it didn't finish installing the MP if you went with SP first?

I think all digital preloads on PS4 are buggered. I was just told by Sony that I have to delete the entire game and start the download all over again.

Thanks guys. Pretty lame, it finished "installing" and brought me to the Multiplayer screen...and now there's a new timer with about 55 minutes remaining saying it's installing more stuff. I'll let it finish and see what happens.

Also, are there any PS4 specific controls for this game? Utilization of the touch pad is what I really mean.

Top Bottom