• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

purg3

slept with Malkin
That feeling when you finally unbox an elite item and it's a purple hat...
SLx19c3.gif

lol, I got that last night. I just shook my head...

The Beard

Just the general attitude of being generally insulted at the most ridiculous things that is so pervasive in society? Yes, that bothers me.

Who gives a rats ass if Target wants to imply that CoD players enjoy Doritos and Mt. Dew?

Agreed, no matter what it is, it'll offend or insult somebody. Doritos and Mountain Dew often have Double XP codes on them during COD season.

There's no reason to be insulted/bugged/offended seeing these products together.

knitoe

Anyone complaining about the lack of "map control" either needs to find a clan, learn the maps/weapons/equipment, or improve as a team.

First few matches i played as a clan didn't go well half of the time, but learning the maps and playing as a team you can DEF control a map! You might not be able to stop every door/pathway but that is not map control. You'll be able to work as a team and deny territory, monitor spawns and force them where you want... if you're a solid team. One guy/gal can't control the map with a group of pubs.
Unless your clan/team sucks, you should never lose to a bunch of random people in any game. That's not a strategy. So, guess, anyone not playing on a team should just quit...

Anyone know how to redeem the cross buy version? I bought the ps4 version, and am trying to download the PS3 version, but it says I'm not eligible because I don't own any version of the game.

bombshell

Anyone know how to redeem the cross buy version? I bought the ps4 version, and am trying to download the PS3 version, but it says I'm not eligible because I don't own any version of the game.

I think it only applies if you buy the last-gen version.

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade

Edit, yeah:

For full game free upgrades, this is available only to those who purchase a digital copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 or PlayStation®3. Anyone who purchases a physical copy of the game is not eligible for this offer. All DLC purchased for in-game use, including Season Pass, upgrades for free for purchases of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in any format, digital or physical.

Unless your clan/team sucks, you should never lose to a bunch of random people in any game. That's not a strategy. So, guess, anyone not playing on a team should just quit...

Basically lol they dont stand a chance really. But seriously, map control... watch some of the pro players and tell me there's no map control in AW lol. (Not you, you... i mean anyone who thinks there's no "map control" in AW b/c of the infinite pathways)

Nokterian

What content? I bought the US digital pro version and I've got the Atlas Gorge map and can play on my UK account just fine.

Do you mean the golden guns and bonus supply drops and stuff?

Yes all of that even bought the season pass with it. That doesn't come over to my EU account and i am not happy with that since i paid for it.

Jburton

Banned
Yes all of that even bought the season pass with it. That doesn't come over to my EU account and i am not happy with that since i paid for it.

But you bought on a different regions store, they don't pretend to provide support for that.... Do so at your own risk.

I know I do.

Definitely sucks.

Rainy Dog

Fair enough. I'm not bothered by it so I haven't even checked if I can use any of it with my UK account to be honest. Just wanted the game and map packs.

Dubz

Anyone have a favorite gun and loadout? So far the AK is my best gun but I haven't found a go to loadout yet.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
fuck it just pisses me off that the cod series dont have dedicated servers for multiplayer. didnt microsoft talked about the cloud last year and how it will change the way we play games. Im getting 1-2 bars but I can easily ping google for 10-20 ms and have 5MB down/4 Upload

I have no idea what is going on with the loot/supply drop system in this game. Some of the items you only get temporarily?

Do they all have stat boosts?

Seems to me that everything you get from an actual supply drop, you keep. But every once in a while you will get bonus items after a round, without opening a supply drop, those expire.

Blood helmet or whatever it's called being the most common for me.

fuck it just pisses me off that the cod series dont have dedicated servers for multiplayer. didnt microsoft talked about the cloud last year and how it will change the way we play games. Im getting 1-2 bars but I can easily ping google for 10-20 ms and have 5MB down/4 Upload

yo damn

Nokterian

But you bought on a different regions store, they don't pretend to provide support for that.... Do so at your own risk.

I know I do.

Definitely sucks.

Worst thing nobody told me it could happen and so my lesson is learned.

Fair enough. I'm not bothered by it so I haven't even checked if I can use any of it with my UK account to be honest. Just wanted the game and map packs.

And that's why i am rebuying it again next month on my EU account so i get everything.

Anybody tried Exo Survival yet? A group of friends and I tried last night and got wrecked every time we got to the 5th round. This shit is intense. Any suggestions to get further?
Quoting again to see if anyone has any tips.

Swangod

Neo Member
I apologize if this has already been answered - what are the extra modes in AW? Is there only a horde mode? If so how is the horde mode in comparison to zombies or extraction? Is it like horde mode in MW3?

Pupo

Yeah, that's that bullshit. It even says on the Playstation blog that cross buy works both ways. When did they change it?

They didn't change it, you can download the PS3 version if you bought the PS4 version or the PS4 version if you bought it for PS3.
I did it in the browser store, re-start the download and you can see both versions in the download queue.

Has anyone actually had a Domination round actually finish by score and not time? I don't remember it being like this in BO2, most matches ended by score.

Its weird.

The Beard

They didn't change it, you can download the PS3 version if you bought the PS4 version or the PS4 version if you bought it for PS3.
I did it in the browser store, re-start the download and you can see both versions in the download queue.

How do you restart the PS4 download without deleted it first?

Has anyone actually had a Domination round actually finish by score and not time? I don't remember it being like this in BO2, most matches ended by score.

Its weird.

I have had one. Randoms vs me and 2 friends and 3 randoms that knew how to play. It was 200 to 75 slaughter.

Pupo

How do you restart the PS4 download without deleted it first?

It's not a restart. I mean, you need to start the download again, but you don't need to finish it, you only need to put the game in queue, do it on the browser. Then you can see both versions, of course you must download the other version.

What's all the talk with lag and bad connections? I've played a couple more rounds today and it's still pretty much perfect.

Is it on both systems that people have problems? Certain countries?

BigShow36

I don't know if I can remember a CoD being this bad with hit detection latency. I'm hoping its just launch week network issues that will later be resolved, but putting 3 bursts into someone and then having them turn and drop me in a few bullets gets old after a while.

Gaz_RB

OK, sitting at a 2.02 K/D right now, with about 20 games under my belt.

I think this is the sort of multiplayer where the amount of fun you have depends on how well you're doing. With games like BF and Team Fortress, you can have a lot of fun and contribute while not having especially high reflexes or skill. This game is not like that. If you can't master the shooting while jumping or side boosting, the game just won't be fun.

For me its a blast, almost the same rush I get when I play Titanfall or Destiny. Going from one kill to another while jumping around and sliding everywhere is a blast to me, and I'm still using the initial gun. I can see how you would think its not very fun if you're not very good.

What's all the talk with lag and bad connections? I've played a couple more rounds today and it's still pretty much perfect.

Is it on both systems that people have problems? Certain countries?
Fine on PS4.

BokehKing

Banned

Its weird.
It hardly ever hit 200 in blops2

On another note, I don't think I landed more than one melee kill
Could be cause I keep hitting r1 to melee at first

It's not a restart. I mean, you need to start the download again, but you don't need to finish it, you only need to put the game in queue, do it on the browser. Then you can see both versions, of course you must download the other version.
It added to my cart, and it came up as free. Do I have to complete the transaction again to be able to restart the download? I don't want any funky shit happening with my card being charged again.

I think it only applies if you buy the last-gen version.

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade

Edit, yeah:

According to Sony it applies to the current-gen version of the game as well.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-day-zero-edition/cid=UP0002-CUSA00803_00-CODAW00000000000?smcid=ps:show-now:games:ps-playstation-store

Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ and PS4™ versions.

Pupo

It added to my cart, and it came up as free. Do I have to complete the transaction again to be able to restart the download? I don't want any funky shit happening with my card being charged again.

Yes, you're right. You need to add to cart the version you bought. if you purchased the PS4 version, add it to the cart, and go to checkout (it's free, right?) then, go to download queue, now you can see both versions to download.

Top Bottom