• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 - Launch Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member

"It's time we had a chat..."THE. COUNTDOWN. IS. ON.Call of Duty: #BlackOps6 arrives October 25​

Every multiplayer map in BO6​

Core​

• Protocol
  • Payback
  • Skyline
  • Lowtown
  • Subsonic
  • Rewind
  • Scud
  • Red Card
  • Babylon
  • Derlecit
  • Vorkuta
  • Vault
  • Nuketown (Post-launch)

Strike​

• Warhead
  • Stakeout
  • Gala
  • Pit
When Black Ops 6 releases, 16 brand-new maps will be available to play at launch. These are split into two types of maps: 4 will be classified as Strike maps and the remaining 12 as Core 6v6 maps.

The smaller Strike maps have been designed to be played in either Face Off 6v6 or 2v2 game formats, while Core maps can only be played as the standard 6v6 configuration.

Protocol (6v6)​

protocol map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in the leaked Avalon Warzone map, Protocol was the training course during the beta and will arrive as a full-fledged 6v6 map at launch.

Although a medium-sized map, expect plenty of close-quarters fights in the armory, barracks, and underground bunker.

Payback (6v6)​

payback map in black ops 6
Activision
Taken straight from Black Ops 6’s campaign, Payback takes players to Woods and his teams’ safehouse in the Bulgarian Mountains. The devs said you can expect “various elevations, windows, and strategic angles throughout” the former KBG Blacksite.

Related:​

Black Ops 6 Carry Forward explained: Warzone, MW2 & MW3 weapons

Skyline (6v6)​

skyline map in black ops 6
Activision
Often regarded as the best map in the beta, Skyline is set on the rooftop of a luxury resort in Avalon. While a lot of the action is close-range, there were always players watching over the wide-open pool area in the center of the map.

Crossing the pool is difficult, so you can either fight through the kitchen or use the underground panic room for a quick and easy flank.

Lowtown (6v6)​

lowtown map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in a dockside neighborhood of what appears to be southern Europe, Lowtown sees players fight amongst broken buildings and canalways. The gameplay should be similar to Warzone’s Vondel, with the water playing a major part alongside an underground sewer system for flanking.

Subsonic (6v6)​

Subsonic map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Subsonic is one of the smaller 6v6 maps in the game, bringing players to a partially destroyed bomber team training facility in what’s most likely Iraq. One F-117 subsonic aircraft sits broken outside, and another can be found in the main hangar in the center of the map.

Rewind (6v6)​

rewind map in black ops 6
Activision
Rewind was one of the larger maps in the beta, seeing players fight around a strip mall in Liberty Falls, West Virginia.

It has long lines of sight on either side, but those who prefer close-range can head inside the video rental store in the middle of the map.

Scud (6v6)​

scud map in black ops 6
Activision
Scud is set in 1991 Iraq following a missile strike on a military base. The radar dish provides an extremely powerful position, almost guaranteeing that the team that holds it will dominate the kill feed. But, you can can use the buildings, trenches, and bunkers to pull off a flank.

The devs confirmed that launch will bring some changes to Scud, notably making it easier to wall-bang snipers who are camping in the radar dish.

Red Card (6v6)​

Red Card map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Red Card is set in a soccer stadium, seeing players fight it out in the lobby, upstairs memorabilia displays, and streets outside. It’s not clear where exactly it’s set, but the spoken language is French, so it could be the south of France or perhaps Avalon.

Babylon (6v6)​

babylon map in black ops 6
Activision
Babylon was one of the smallest maps in Black Ops 6’s beta, and its chaotic spawns made it pretty divisive. Although bigger than other meat grinders like Shipment, it acted much the same, dropping you into fights almost immediately after spawning.

Spawn improvements are set to arrive at launch so we’ll see how that changes the feelings toward Babylon.

Derelict (6v6)​

derelict map in black ops 6
Activision
Derelict sees players fight amongst the broken train cars of a train graveyard in the Appalachian mountains.

The tower in the center of the map provides long lines of sight for those who prefer ARs and Sniper Rifles, but if you know how to use Omnimovment, you can use a speedy SMG and keep the enemies guessing.

Vorkuta (6v6)​

Vorkuta map in Black Ops 6
Activision
A classic Black Ops location, Vorkuta is the Soviet labor camp Mason and Reznov escaped from in the original game. Now a mining facility, the devs said it brings a mix of exterior and interior areas as you fight amongst the broken, snow-covered machinery.

Vault (6v6)​

Vault map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Vault appears to have been inspired by the campaign’s heist mission, taking place in a “lush desert estate” with an underground vault. You can either take to the streets outside or head into the central palace.

Nuketown (6v6)​

Call of Duty Black Ops classic map Nuketown.
Activision
Although not officially confirmed, Nuketown is set to arrive in Black Ops 6 sometime post-launch. When the game was first revealed, we could see a dev loading into Domination on the classic map, so we at least know it’s in the pipeline.

If BO6 follows the usual format, Nuketown should arrive a few weeks after launch, either during the pre-season or as part of the Season 1 update.

Warhead (2v2, 6v6)​

warhead map in black ops 6
Activision
Previously called Sandhouse, Warhead is a 2v2 map set in a destroyed version of Nuketown. You’ll see the usual landmarks like the houses and school bus now it’s destroyed, it’s much smaller with buildings partially submerged and a different layout.

Stakeout (2v2, 6v6)​

stakeout map in black ops 6
Activision
Stakeout is another map set in Avalon, this time in a small apartment. Close-range weapons will be the ideal choice as you navigate the chaos of its small rooms. If you want to pull off a quick flank, you can parkour around the outside of the building.

Gala (2v2, 6v6)​

Gala map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Gala takes place after a gunfight breaks out at a charity event. It was the most open Strike map in the beta, featuring long lines of sight across the hall. There are some areas of cover around the edge of the map, with the circular lounge providing a power position.

Pit (2v2, 6v6)​

Pit map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in a Russian mining tunnel (most likely underneath Vorkuta), Pit emphasizes close-range battles inside the claustrophobic cave system. While a gunfight is never far away, you can use mine carts and rocks as cover when navigating the tight corridors.

An upstairs area can also be accessed by ladders in each spawn, so always keep an eye on players on the upper floor of the central chamber.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Every multiplayer map in BO6​

Core​

• Protocol
  • Payback
  • Skyline
  • Lowtown
  • Subsonic
  • Rewind
  • Scud
  • Red Card
  • Babylon
  • Derlecit
  • Vorkuta
  • Vault
  • Nuketown (Post-launch)

Strike​

• Warhead
  • Stakeout
  • Gala
  • Pit
When Black Ops 6 releases, 16 brand-new maps will be available to play at launch. These are split into two types of maps: 4 will be classified as Strike maps and the remaining 12 as Core 6v6 maps.

The smaller Strike maps have been designed to be played in either Face Off 6v6 or 2v2 game formats, while Core maps can only be played as the standard 6v6 configuration.

Protocol (6v6)​

protocol map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in the leaked Avalon Warzone map, Protocol was the training course during the beta and will arrive as a full-fledged 6v6 map at launch.

Although a medium-sized map, expect plenty of close-quarters fights in the armory, barracks, and underground bunker.

Payback (6v6)​

payback map in black ops 6
Activision
Taken straight from Black Ops 6’s campaign, Payback takes players to Woods and his teams’ safehouse in the Bulgarian Mountains. The devs said you can expect “various elevations, windows, and strategic angles throughout” the former KBG Blacksite.

Related:​

Black Ops 6 Carry Forward explained: Warzone, MW2 & MW3 weapons

Skyline (6v6)​

skyline map in black ops 6
Activision
Often regarded as the best map in the beta, Skyline is set on the rooftop of a luxury resort in Avalon. While a lot of the action is close-range, there were always players watching over the wide-open pool area in the center of the map.

Crossing the pool is difficult, so you can either fight through the kitchen or use the underground panic room for a quick and easy flank.

Lowtown (6v6)​

lowtown map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in a dockside neighborhood of what appears to be southern Europe, Lowtown sees players fight amongst broken buildings and canalways. The gameplay should be similar to Warzone’s Vondel, with the water playing a major part alongside an underground sewer system for flanking.

Subsonic (6v6)​

Subsonic map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Subsonic is one of the smaller 6v6 maps in the game, bringing players to a partially destroyed bomber team training facility in what’s most likely Iraq. One F-117 subsonic aircraft sits broken outside, and another can be found in the main hangar in the center of the map.

Rewind (6v6)​

rewind map in black ops 6
Activision
Rewind was one of the larger maps in the beta, seeing players fight around a strip mall in Liberty Falls, West Virginia.

It has long lines of sight on either side, but those who prefer close-range can head inside the video rental store in the middle of the map.

Scud (6v6)​

scud map in black ops 6
Activision
Scud is set in 1991 Iraq following a missile strike on a military base. The radar dish provides an extremely powerful position, almost guaranteeing that the team that holds it will dominate the kill feed. But, you can can use the buildings, trenches, and bunkers to pull off a flank.

The devs confirmed that launch will bring some changes to Scud, notably making it easier to wall-bang snipers who are camping in the radar dish.

Red Card (6v6)​

Red Card map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Red Card is set in a soccer stadium, seeing players fight it out in the lobby, upstairs memorabilia displays, and streets outside. It’s not clear where exactly it’s set, but the spoken language is French, so it could be the south of France or perhaps Avalon.

Babylon (6v6)​

babylon map in black ops 6
Activision
Babylon was one of the smallest maps in Black Ops 6’s beta, and its chaotic spawns made it pretty divisive. Although bigger than other meat grinders like Shipment, it acted much the same, dropping you into fights almost immediately after spawning.

Spawn improvements are set to arrive at launch so we’ll see how that changes the feelings toward Babylon.

Derelict (6v6)​

derelict map in black ops 6
Activision
Derelict sees players fight amongst the broken train cars of a train graveyard in the Appalachian mountains.

The tower in the center of the map provides long lines of sight for those who prefer ARs and Sniper Rifles, but if you know how to use Omnimovment, you can use a speedy SMG and keep the enemies guessing.

Vorkuta (6v6)​

Vorkuta map in Black Ops 6
Activision
A classic Black Ops location, Vorkuta is the Soviet labor camp Mason and Reznov escaped from in the original game. Now a mining facility, the devs said it brings a mix of exterior and interior areas as you fight amongst the broken, snow-covered machinery.

Vault (6v6)​

Vault map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Vault appears to have been inspired by the campaign’s heist mission, taking place in a “lush desert estate” with an underground vault. You can either take to the streets outside or head into the central palace.

Nuketown (6v6)​

Call of Duty Black Ops classic map Nuketown.
Activision
Although not officially confirmed, Nuketown is set to arrive in Black Ops 6 sometime post-launch. When the game was first revealed, we could see a dev loading into Domination on the classic map, so we at least know it’s in the pipeline.

If BO6 follows the usual format, Nuketown should arrive a few weeks after launch, either during the pre-season or as part of the Season 1 update.

Warhead (2v2, 6v6)​

warhead map in black ops 6
Activision
Previously called Sandhouse, Warhead is a 2v2 map set in a destroyed version of Nuketown. You’ll see the usual landmarks like the houses and school bus now it’s destroyed, it’s much smaller with buildings partially submerged and a different layout.

Stakeout (2v2, 6v6)​

stakeout map in black ops 6
Activision
Stakeout is another map set in Avalon, this time in a small apartment. Close-range weapons will be the ideal choice as you navigate the chaos of its small rooms. If you want to pull off a quick flank, you can parkour around the outside of the building.

Gala (2v2, 6v6)​

Gala map in Black Ops 6
Activision
Gala takes place after a gunfight breaks out at a charity event. It was the most open Strike map in the beta, featuring long lines of sight across the hall. There are some areas of cover around the edge of the map, with the circular lounge providing a power position.

Pit (2v2, 6v6)​

Pit map in black ops 6
Activision
Set in a Russian mining tunnel (most likely underneath Vorkuta), Pit emphasizes close-range battles inside the claustrophobic cave system. While a gunfight is never far away, you can use mine carts and rocks as cover when navigating the tight corridors.

An upstairs area can also be accessed by ladders in each spawn, so always keep an eye on players on the upper floor of the central chamber.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
So excited for this just wish it was release with the Pro. I have to sell my ps5 prior to pro and by the time I get in I’m sure everyone will be prestige 10 2 weeks later!!

Matt_Fox

Got a feeling I'm going to have even less chance than normal in multi-player with this new movement system, but I'll grind through to level 50 anyway then set up camp and never prestige!

DoomGyver

I preordered this for the steelbook after reaching level 30 in the beta. Thing is, I have been playing a few MW2019 matches after work and I have to say that I prefer mw2019s multiplayer. I’m going to cancel and take the wait and see approach.

wipeout364

I didn’t realize it was launching in October. Super excited for this game hope it lives up to the hype.

I preordered this for the steelbook after reaching level 30 in the beta. Thing is, I have been playing a few MW2019 matches after work and I have to say that I prefer mw2019s multiplayer. I’m going to cancel and take the wait and see approach.
BO6 did feel pretty different, but I have hundreds of hours in MW2 and MW3 so I am ready for a change. Had a great time with the MW games but a new Black Ops has always been an event. I even loved Cold War.

Last edited:
Top Bottom