• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

Kiraly

Nothing against Twitter (<3 Wario's one) but is this really the only place to get information about this game? Are there no official previews on IGN/ GameSpot etc.? This is crazy if true.

Nothing, Activision does not allow them to show anything about the game AT ALL.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Vote up if Wario64's Twitter brought you here

opcKp.png

I keep pushing the button BUT NOTHING IS WORKING OMGOMGOMGWHY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY COMPUTRON?! HALP!

Nothing, Activision does not allow them to show anything about the game AT ALL.

But... why... CoD is Activision's 2nd biggest brand (after WoW). They could go REALLY BIG with it on handhelds. It makes 0 sense to me. Are they afraid people will buy the Vita game instead of BLOPS2?

Toki767

But... why... CoD is Activision's 2nd biggest brand (after WoW). They could go REALLY BIG with it on handhelds. It makes 0 sense to me. Are they afraid people will buy the Vita game instead of BLOPS2?

They don't want anything shown probably because the game is so bad.

LMAO, they know that the handheld sales will be like 2% of total sales, so they frankly don't give a shit and don't want to waste resources on a product that will generate so little revenue.

Are you being serious right now?

They're not showing anything because the game is a steaming pile of shit and they're hoping people will buy it on name alone without seeing the finished product..... Because the finished product is ass.

Worst Tweet?

"Activision pushed for that, to their credit."

That's some passive aggressive responding!

Is this the most secretive game release of 2012?

Ok guys I think I get it now. I was not following the game very well (WHERE to follow it, lol). Now I kind of understand why Activision is playing it low with it.

winjet81

What's sad is that Yoshida follows Nihilistic on his Twitter feed, so he must be very well aware of how gimped this version is.

That sure is a lot of apologizing for a game that isn't even out yet? Anyone wanna predict some Meta scores with me? I'll go with 53.

Toki767

That sure is a lot of apologizing for a game that isn't even out yet? Anyone wanna predict some Meta scores with me? I'll go with 53.

Considering how reviewers review Vita games. They're going to give it a low score for not having all the things the console versions have.

Cornbread78

What's sad is that Yoshida follows Nihilistic on his Twitter feed, so he must be very well aware of how gimped this version is.

Yet, liek stated 100x over Sony doesn't seem to give a $hit about the VITA right now and this could be the biggest seller to date, but in print it sucks, from what we've seen it sucks, both Sony and Activision are giving it the Sloth from Goonies treatment, so WTF is the problem here, it doesn't make sense at all that they wouldn't time time and resources into it....

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm not going to guess a score (since i have no idea :)), but i think it will be low mainly because many of the reviews will have focus on comparing to a console version.

Toki767

I was wondering what n-Space, the developers Black Ops on DS was up to, and it turns out they worked on Skylanders Giants on the 3DS. Sad Activision didn't want to put them in charge of this game.

Despise all the issues it has, i really loved burning skies, i wanted to try declassified too, but man, the price is just too much...

winjet81

Yet, liek stated 100x over Sony doesn't seem to give a $hit about the VITA right now and this could be the biggest seller to date, but in print it sucks, from what we've seen it sucks, both Sony and Activision are giving it the Sloth from Goonies treatment, so WTF is the problem here, it doesn't make sense at all that they wouldn't time time and resources into it....

Well, just like the Vita-trolls on GAF, sales numbers are far more important right now to Sony/Activision than actual quality.

This game was probably given a minimal budget, but will still turn into Vita's biggest seller to date since it's clear it had a drop-dead finish date to be met before Black Friday.

Cornbread78

Seriously, should I cancel my pre-order and pick up AC Liberation and or NFS instead? Amyone have any info on this game? I just wanted another FPS after playing Resistance and enjoying it for the most part.

Toki767

Seriously, should I cancel my pre-order and pick up AC Liberation and or NFS instead? Amyone have any info on this game? I just wanted another FPS after playing Resistance and enjoying it for the most part.

It's probably safe to say that if you enjoyed Burning Skies, you'll enjoy this. Re-skinned game and all. Joking.
Kind of.

test_account

XP-39C²
yer got me excited too :D
I was thinking 5 hours for a campaign for this game sounded too long lol
I was more surprised about the campaign at all =) Since i've heard that the single player part is onlu survival/horde mode. EDIT: I forgot that there is suppose to be Spec Ops like missions.

Woah didn't know there's a Vita Black Ops
There hasnt been much information about the game, so it will probably go under the radar.

Did they actually tweet things like 'No Ladders'?
Sounds like they hate that they were given the game more than anyone else :eek:

I think they hate the fact that they've been caught in the middle between Sony just caring about the COD brand on the Vita, and Activision not willing to commit resources or time to help them with the game.

From the dev. Comments it's pretty clear that Nihilistic was shafted when it came to funding, proper dev. time and support.

Considering how reviewers review Vita games. They're going to give it a low score for not having all the things the console versions have.

Considering they basically charge console prices for Vita games, that seems fair. I guess if the game costs 33% less, it should have 33% less content. Blops 2 is going to be comprised of Single Player, Multiplayer and Zombie mode, right? From the getgo they are ditching zombie mode for Declassified (ie. 33% of the game), so for the price to be justified it should logically have an equally large single player campaign and the full multiplayer suite available in Blops 2, right? Or would you settle for less if it was your money?

I don't really care how it reviews. As a Vita owner, I would love for this to be a great game, but I can't say I have a ton of faith in Nihilistic, having played one of their previous games, and that is moreso what I was basing my score "prediction" on.

daevv

I'm not the biggest COD fan but I have both Black Ops 2 and Declassified preordered this year. I couldn't pass up the $39.98 Walmart.ca E3 deal or the $35 Futureshop deal. Looking forward to blowing the dust off my Vita actually. Wonder if the Canadian version comes with the code for the PSP COD?

daevv

Is anyone here actually getting it?

Mine will be in the mail from Futureshop.ca a day or two after launch.

Brilliant OT. Nihilistic's Twitter feed was pretty famous in the vita threads lol. Nice to see that used as it is nearlly all we have for pr on this forsaken game.

Bravo.

Nilaul

I'm not the biggest COD fan but I have both Black Ops 2 and Declassified preordered this year. I couldn't pass up the $39.98 Walmart.ca E3 deal or the $35 Futureshop deal. Looking forward to blowing the dust off my Vita actually. Wonder if the Canadian version comes with the code for the PSP COD?

Hey man arnt they basicly nearly the same game?

daevv

Hey man arnt they basicly nearly the same game?

I'm not sure actually as I've not read much on either. All I know is the PS3 version will have Zombies but the Vita doesn't not and I can play the Vita version while having a shit. ;)

Top Bottom