• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified |OT| Ad-Hoc Summary: It Is Not Terrible!

sajj316

Beautifully done OT.

It is so true that nearly all the info on this game, and most of it negative, was revealed through tweets by the dev.
I can't believe this game. How sad. What a missed opportunity.

I think it was bound to be a missed opp considering Nihilistic was changing direction during the dev of the game. We had no idea until recently ...

daevv

So I guess this will follow the EA Medal of Honor Warfighter path and have no reviews till launch day. I personally like Warfighter but doubt lightning will strike twice in the same few weeks.

Takao

Banned
What FAQ?

http://community.callofduty.com/com...11/05/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-faq

What will the multiplayer and single player experiences be like on the Vita?

Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified complements the strengths of the Vita with both the multiplayer and singleplayer experience. The title offers an action-packed multiplayer mode that includes classic Call of Duty-style features like Create-a-Class, Challenges, Care Packages, Killstreaks, Perks, Prestiging, XP and more, all adapted for the Vita. Accommodating competitive 4-vs-4 multiplayer functionality via Wi-Fi, gamers can play in fan favorite Call of Duty modes across a variety of maps on the go. The single player mode delivers intense, objective-and survival-based missions that offer a new story, which takes place between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming Call of Duty®: Black Ops II.

Will this be a console-style Call of Duty® experience adapted for the Vita?

Yes. The development team has been focused on creating for the Vita the familiar mechanics and controls fans know and love from Call of Duty on console.

Will we see any gameplay features exclusive to Vita’s unique functionality?

Vita’s unique features allow the team to bring an all-new level of engagement, while maintaining the familiar and classic Call of Duty experience players expect.

Vita gamers can utilize Touchscreen capabilities with weapons like grenades. Drag the grenade to direct the toss, or simply cook a grenade until the last second before throwing. Players can also leverage Touchscreen for melee to deliver the ultimate knock-out. The title offers support of Near® technology for items like multiplayer load-outs, allowing players to send friends a boost wherever they are.

Will Declassified take place in the future?

No. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is set between Treyarch’s original Call of Duty®: Black Ops and this year’s upcoming release Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. The Vita title delivers a new story inside the Call of Duty: Black Ops universe featuring some familiar faces.

Who is the developer on Call of Duty® Black Ops: Declassified?

Nihilistic Software.

When is the game launching?

November 13, 2012

Is the title exclusive to Vita?

Yes, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified is only for PlayStation® Vita.

They also made a page for it:

http://www.callofduty.com/declassified

"franchise favourite modes" ehhhh

fernoca

I may be wrong, but I think we've got 4-5 screenshots and one official trailer video.

Incredible.

More than the Wii versions in prior years. Around the same of the DS games too. :p

Heck, we know more about this game than the Wii versions, probably because it was developed by an outside team; while the Wii games were done by Treyarch, which is owned by Activision.

Iacobellis

More than the Wii versions in prior years. Around the same of the DS games too. :p

Heck, we know more about this game than the Wii versions, probably because it was developed by an outside team; while the Wii games were done by Treyarch, which is owned by Activision.

Does Activison intentionally keep every version aside from Xbox on the down low?

Don't get your avatar.

I don't think the wii or ds games ever had console bundles though. You'd expect some more coverage lol.

fernoca

Does Activison intentionally keep every version aside from Xbox on the down low?
I do remember some mentions of Activision not allowing footage/pictures of it, as they didn't wanted to give the impressions that the HD versions looked like that. Don't know if it was confirmed or just (BS) rumors. :p

Don't get your avatar.

I don't think the wii or ds games ever had console bundles though. You'd expect some more coverage lol.
Nothing to get, just the cover. :p
Yeha, no bundles..though got official headsets at least.

Though, the Vita bundle kinda shows that Sony did had a hand into the game like "shit, we promised Call of Duty we need to get one ..NOW!!"; along the reports of that been the reason of the game been outsourced to Nihilistic (as they already had an engine ready) and to make in under a year.

fernoca

Wii-Call of Duties also lacked killcam.
I actually liked that, since at least there was no reminder of how much I sucked when I got killed...and more at the end of a match. :p

Back then it was a limitation of hardware, in here could be a lack of resources and time. Maybe their excuse is that "it made sense as they wanted matches to move faster"...who knows. :p

Skyzard

Banned
4 minutes 30 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCDRezmWrc

Not the best quality (quite poor), but still, decent length...still watching though. set to 480p at least, and probably best to mute.

I'm quite curious now - but what about patches. Needs at least 3-6 months support to be a (full price) buy for me..so much was "tba" in the twitter feed.

Jawmuncher

If anyone is truly interested in the Vita and this game and has acess to a military base

Aafes will be selling the bundle for 200 on black friday.

Iacobellis

4 minutes 30 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCDRezmWrc

Not the best quality, but still, decent length...still watching though.

I wish a million times that we get decent support for this game after release, even after Nihilistic makes their transition. More maps, a patch for game modes like Domination or Search and Destroy, and special bonuses like Double XP Weekends. The game looks very solid, and I can already tell from these videos, the details Nihilistic revealed on Twitter, and the Trophy list that this isn't the game Resistance was where you could finish it in three days and forget about it.

Please,
Sony,
Nihilistic,
and Activision.

I wish a million times that we get decent support for this game after release, even after Nihilistic makes their transition. More maps, a patch for game modes like Domination or Search and Destroy, and special bonuses like Double XP Weekends. The game looks very solid, and I can already tell from these videos, the details Nihilistic revealed on Twitter, and the Trophy list that this isn't the game Resistance was where you could finish it in three days and forget about it.

Please,
Sony,
Nihilistic,
and Activision.

You'd hope so. $50.

$50!!!!!

Skyzard

Banned
Tbh... 6 maps? Serious rush job. SP doesn't sound all that enticing - no bot mode on a portable? £20, good thing there is no online pass...but yeah, likely shame for digital lovers. Why so tight Sony - I get the timing, but no confirmed support ?

MrBS

Glorious OT. I might actually watch some reviews for this. Media blackout on this reminds me trying to find info on X-Men Destiny when it was released. Actually that was Activision too... I wonder if Activision will pull the same stunt and not send any review copies out.

Skyzard

Banned
Hey, Uncharted was also $50. It was a thrilling experience, especially when looking at it as a launch title on a handheld. But, all we got after was the Black Market and not the multiplayer Bend had mentioned earlier.

Multiplayer would have made it an absolute must-buy title..shame they never add these things in later...for the vita.

Hey, Uncharted was also $50. It was a thrilling experience, especially when looking at it as a launch title on a handheld. But, all we got after was the Black Market and not the multiplayer Bend had mentioned earlier.

Multiplayer would have made it an absolute must-buy title..shame they never add these things in later.

which is why i never got it. Might give it a rental someday. I just find the excuse for 'this is just a handheld game' is pretty weak now that handheld games are $40-$50.

Skyzard

Banned
It would have. I know you still want a better framerate for ModNation Racers!

Haha..I was going to mention it here earlier...I guess I slipped it in subtext a few times instead. Damn right, bloody modnation.

which is why i never got it. Might give it a rental someday. I just find the excuse for 'this is just a handheld game' is pretty weak now that handheld games are $40-$50.

Exactly, it won't fly. People are poor, they need convincing. Hiding games and skimping on content is half-arsed.

OP is awesome. Quite funny going from what people were expecting / hoping to what we're getting.

Well it kind of worked for the wii versions. There was hardly any media / info available too.

it's sad. Wii versions didn't have a bundle.

lol i remember having to go to gamefaqs for wii version impressions of people that pirate a leaked version >.>

sajj316

OP is awesome. Quite funny going from what people were expecting / hoping to what we're getting.

Well it kind of worked for the wii versions. There was hardly any media / info available too.

Exactly what I expected ... I knew it would be more Spec Ops/Multi player focused. I was hoping for cross play with BLOPS2.

Don't know if the game will come out good or not, but it still feels like such a missed opportunity. This could've been great for the Vita, but so far, the Vita has been so many misses. Uncharted Golden Abyss was good, but it wasn't the killer handheld game I had hoped for for the Vita. Same with Resistance Burning Skies.

I hate to think that the best games for the Vita has been the console ports and Lumines. But that's how it's been so far. Kind of sucks since I really love the system. :(

Top Bottom