• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

ruxtpin

Banned
I must be an outlier, because aside from the crappy map selection, I really liked the gun-feel in MW3 (and I also thought it got rid of the annoying shit that was always killing me from above).

Will still keep playing BO2.

Linkhero1

Where did I implied it was non-existent for everyone? I know it happens to many people, simply by judging from this topic. I've already commented on this. All I'm saying is that those issues are not necessarily happening to everyone. It sucks that it happens to you and a lot of people, but let's not jump to conclusion here.

I wasn't implying anything. It's just the way you're coming off about the entire situation is kind of annoying to be honest. My point was enough people have had issues for this to be an actual netcode problem that must be addressed by the developers.

The lag compensation in this game is disgusting. I recently upgraded from 15Mbps to 50 and the lag is extreme.

2m52l.png

Even with my connection I'm often getting 2-3 bars, so I assume lag compensation is punishing me for having a decent connection in an attempt to level the playing field. We have a Canadian in our group who lags to shit with a 768kb connection and somehow he dominates the game; even his kill cams are BS (pulling people back from around corners) and show lag compensation is aiding him.

Jburton

Banned
Game runs like liquid speed on my gaming rig, zero slow down or lag.

Really enjoying the multiplayer, it's quality ..... Best since MW2, although it could be better than that.

Is there a Steam group for this game? ..... someone throw up the link please.

Even with my connection I'm often getting 2-3 bars, so I assume lag compensation is punishing me for having a decent connection in an attempt to level the playing field. We have a Canadian in our group who lags to shit with a 768kb connection and somehow he dominates the game; even his kill cams are BS (pulling people back from around corners) and show lag compensation is aiding him.
That said, we have a canadian who regularly plays with our party, and when he does, everyones connections are worse, usually his

He had a game earlier where he was bouncing 2/3 bar, and he pulled two fucking VTOL Warships. He's all "They can't kill me!"

:|
are you two secretly on a bro team

There are tons and tons of ways for me to improve my skills in Black Ops 2, never the less, I have the impression I may be on the losing end of lag compensation.

Moments where it appears as though I have the advantage in pulling my gun up first and shooting only to be shot down immediately as though I was late to respond.

Jack_AG

Banned
Can some other PS3 players please test something and chip in with your findings?

Go into Game Data Utility in the XMB and delete the 1.02 patch.

Boot up the game and press circle when it asks to download the patch so it loads without installing it.

Now, is it my ageing eyes playing tricks on me or is the blur filter all but gone?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch a few times now to test, and I'm absolutely convinced there's a pretty substantial difference. I'm all but convinced there's something in the patch that wreaks havoc on the AA solution or something and causes the excess softness...
Holy fuck. I need to take pictures this is madness. Will post again after reinstalling the patch with pics.

pa22word

Well great, just got hit with a game breaking bug in the SP mission in south america when you're opted to check out the cocaine basement there's an invisible wall preventing me from going down the ladder. Already restarted the checkpoint several times and rebooted several times.

Game isn't near good enough to justify wasting the time restarting the mission to try and *hope* that might fix it. Oh well, I guess I'll try this series out again sometime next gen.

Nakazato

My third probation of the day thanks to the servers dropping me on 360 and I've only got to play 4 whole rounds today gg treyarch

Edit:4th probation as of 15 seconds ago

Korosenai

So ive been playing this and trying to like it, but im already bored of it. Shame because i thought Blops 1 was the best cod and I got to the 7th prestige on it. Wont even get to level 45 on this one. Should have learned my lesson with mw3.

Can someone explain how many zombie maps there are, I thought there were meant to be five, I can't remember what the other two are but I only see three maps. Can you only access the other two areas from tranzit or can I unlock them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What's the best shotty so far? The 870 has been pretty good for me but I haven't unlocked all of them yet. Pretty much a 1 hit kill up close most of the time when when not ADS. Seems to have decent range and speed for a pump action. Although I wish you could break the reload animation with a shot.

Jack_AG

Banned
Credit goes to Rainy Dog for bringing this issue to everyone's attention. I'm just a shitty cameraman!

And here we go - something with a bit of intricate detail - mind you this was taken with my phone and cropped - the difference is far greater looking at the game with your own eyes.

It's fucking insane. Tried a bot game after this on Hijacked and it was night/day in terms of sharpness. Still not amazing, visually, but it was a LARGE step up.

fhkNH.png

EDIT: I also made sure to stand in the exact same spot on Slums. Right behind the cop car on the edge of a pile of newspapers. It's on the far side of the map where team B usually spawns.

Linkhero1

And here we go - something with a bit of intricate detail - mind you this was taken with my phone and cropped - the difference is far greater looking at the game with your own eyes.

It's fucking insane. Tried a bot game on Hijacked and it was night/day in terms of sharpness. Still not amazing, visually, but it was a LARGE step up.

fhkNH.png

That's great. Is this patch out for both 360 and PS3? The game always looked off to me.

Rainy Dog

It's fucking insane. Tried a bot game after this on Hijacked and it was night/day in terms of sharpness. Still not amazing, visually, but it was a LARGE step up.

fhkNH.png

Great stuff, thanks man! I knew I wasn't going mad...

I've also fired off an email to Richard Leadbeater, so hopefully he can also verify and is in a position to make sure Treyarch definitely get the message.

BadTaste

fhkNH.png

wow..

KingKong

Am I supposed to be seeing some crazy difference there? They both look pretty awful to me, I guess the one on the right is a little bit blurrier

Jangocube

Banned
Just played a Kill Confirmed match where I shot down 13 UAV's. I really, really, really need to get Ghost. Can't stand this constant game of shoot down the flying birdy in the sky.

fhkNH.png

EDIT: I also made sure to stand in the exact same spot on Slums. Right behind the cop car on the edge of a pile of newspapers. It's on the far side of the map where team B usually spawns.

Definitely a much softer look. The first one looks more aliased but I'd take it over the blur madness that is the second one.

The lag compensation in this game is disgusting. I recently upgraded from 15Mbps to 50 and the lag is extreme.

2m52l.png

What website you use to check your speeds/connection? Have tried set the matchmaking to look for the "best" connections?

Jack_AG

Banned
Am I supposed to be seeing some crazy difference there? They both look pretty awful to me, I guess the one on the right is a little bit blurrier

I face-planted my phone on my TV - naturally they will both look bad but you can see the difference the "blur" filter makes.

When you look at it on your TV it looks much better, obviously. Crappy camera phone is crappy.

Jack_AG

Banned
Credit goes to Rainy Dog for bringing this issue to everyone's attention. I'm just a shitty cameraman!

fhkNH.png

Quoting for new page to see if anyone else can post impressions between patch/no patch

Top Bottom