• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

FStop7

Banned
Holy shit the person(s) responsible for the gun sounds should be fired, lol. Never been a fan of the way COD guns have sounded, but this is shit. And that goofy gun bob while sprinting is still there, and still looking goofy as hell.

And I played 1 MP match. Ugh, how is this the #1 game all the time? What. The. Fuck.

I think the guns sound pretty good. A lot better than the previous CoD titles. Not as good as the stuff that DICE does, but still good.

The multiplayer is a lot of fun when it's working right. The speed and frantic pace remind me of the good old days of Quake.

Yeaaaaaaah, might not prestige just because of the sheer amount of UAV's. But then again...

...I'm definitely a cool kid who's prestiged before. Does prestige just unlock extra custom class slots like before?
You can spend a presrige token to: permanently unlock an item (Ghost), get another custom slot, reset your stats so your clan doesn't laugh at your terrible kdr, or take a one-time refund of all unlock tokens currently used.

Actually Prestige does have a benefit. In order to cattle prod people into Prestige, Treyarch decided that you can only have 65 out of the 100 weapons/perks/gear unlocked at a time... unless you get to 10th Prestige.

Then you get everything.

I don't want to hack to cheat, but I would hack the game in a second if I could have everything unlocked, attachments and all, no grinding.

Halcyon

Do you have to do something to get the double XP?

I've been using the FAL and it really is great I can't wait to get the select fire for it. I wish it didn't take so long though.

I was using select fire on the fal earlier. It is pretty good but for some reason I tend to track targets better squeezing the trigger myself.

pa22word

Actually Prestige does have a benefit. In order to cattle prod people into Prestige, Treyarch decided that you can only have 65 out of the 100 weapons/perks/gear unlocked at a time... unless you get to 10th Prestige.

Then you get everything.

I don't want to hack to cheat, but I would hack the game in a second if I could have everything unlocked, attachments and all, no grinding.

But it's just not Call of Duty multi without that carrot on a stick!

;P

Linkhero1

Then you get everything.

I only need 1 gun, 2 attachments and ghost. They can't make me prestige! HAHA Treyarch!

Jangocube

Banned
You can spend a presrige token to: permanently unlock an item (Ghost), get another custom slot, reset your stats so your clan doesn't laugh at your terrible kdr, or take a one-time refund of all unlock tokens currently used.

So if I prestige, I can keep ghost?

Thank god. I might just prestige then. I've seriously never seen so many UAV's in a COD before. Shit's insane.

Manus

I swear if this shit freezes on me one more time im going to rage return this shit. Every fucking time I reboot my ps3 and have to check the file system. 5 times so far today.

So... does anyone still play MW2 online? I'd rather deal with nuke boosting than sit through shit spawns, shit maps, constant freezing even on menus and shit lag comp.

Edit: holy shit again. This time while loading a map. Boom file check on reboot. I wrote the above while my PS3 was checking the file system. Twice in a row.

I still play a lot of MW2 online for PS3 and rarely run into any hackers. Still can find plenty of people online playing.

*A lot of impressions*

But despite all of that, I’m not feeling all that frustrated when playing this like I do with IW’s Call of Duty releases. Has some Treyarch sensibility and despite flaws, it’s enjoyable. Had a 27 match winstreak, eep!

However the MW3 map syndrome is the biggest source of any frustration. The shit where you can work together and move up, only to find the usual rush kid has stormed through the map’s 17 corridors that lead behind you. It’s annoying as shit.
However my experiences comes down to the gamemode alone of course, can’t comment on the other modes and I won’t touch them with a 12ft pole either.

Right now, CoD 4 > MW2 ( Purely because of the maps ) > Blops 2 > Blops 1 > Testicular Cancer > MW3

Sorry, that was a bit long.

I'm not usually a S&D player, but I've been playing a lot of FFA, Gun Game, and occasionally TDM. I agree with a lot of your points though, especially those regarding the maps. While I do wish there were times where I could actually feel a little relaxed and not have to worry about 3 or 4 different paths that could rush me on at all times, I do like that is fairly anti-camping. Some maps do feel inspired by maps from COD4 and MW2 like my current favorite in BO2 is Carrier which reminds me of Countdown in COD4. I should probably try out some S&D sometime.

And your current ranking of the series is fucking spot on. I can't agree more.

Thank god. I might just prestige then. I've seriously never seen so many UAV's in a COD before. Shit's insane.
I think this will change considerably once everyone starts being able to unlock ghost. Right now people know that by putting up a UAV they'll be able to see the majority of the enemy on the map and at the same time get some points when teammates make kills.

I actually wonder if you still get those UAV points if the entire enemy team is running ghost.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Not me. Everything I want is on the wrong end of the unlock train. 65 should be enough for me since I haven't used a sniper rifle since the first week I played COD4 and there is no Olympia in this game. So I don't need to unlock ANYTHING from either of those two categories.

Acinixys

What's the best shotty so far? The 870 has been pretty good for me but I haven't unlocked all of them yet. Pretty much a 1 hit kill up close most of the time when when not ADS. Seems to have decent range and speed for a pump action. Although I wish you could break the reload animation with a shot.

Ive fully predigested my 870, and while its awesome,it can be frustrating when hits dont register.

R870 MCS - Best shotty IMO. 1 HKO up to about 5m if you're accurate

M1216 - Terribad, takes 3-4 shots to kill at close range

KSG - I though it would be good after seeing some videos, but unless you have the aim of a god and/or an aimbot, its useless. Youll just die a lot. You have to be dead on target and ADSing to get kills. Ive hip fired from less than 1m with it and missed.

S12 - Basically a USAS. Takes 2 hits up close to kill.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Credit goes to Rainy Dog for bringing this issue to everyone's attention. I'm just a shitty cameraman!

And here we go - something with a bit of intricate detail - mind you this was taken with my phone and cropped - the difference is far greater looking at the game with your own eyes.

It's fucking insane. Tried a bot game after this on Hijacked and it was night/day in terms of sharpness. Still not amazing, visually, but it was a LARGE step up.

fhkNH.png

EDIT: I also made sure to stand in the exact same spot on Slums. Right behind the cop car on the edge of a pile of newspapers. It's on the far side of the map where team B usually spawns.

This reminds me of Uncharted 3. ND accidently forgot to renable object motion blur when the game went gold. So they issued a patch to fix that once it was brought up to their attention along with the aiming issues.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there something like Battlefield 3's BattleLog for this game where I can check my emblem and stats and whatnot?

Sethos

Banned
By the way, I'm getting sick to fucking death of kids who decide to teamkill you when defusing a bomb, to get the points. They do it 80% of the time! I only have like 4 defuses in 40 levels because of that shit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
By the way, I'm getting sick to fucking death of kids who decide to kill you when defusing a bomb, to get the points. They do it 80% of the time! I only have like 4 defuses in 40 levels because of that shit.

Gotta quickly scan the area then bait 'em with that defuse sound brah.

I must be an outlier, because aside from the crappy map selection, I really liked the gun-feel in MW3 (and I also thought it got rid of the annoying shit that was always killing me from above).

Will still keep playing BO2.

You are an outlier but not alone. There are still a number of people who enjoyed MW3 :)

So what is "the" gun to use in this game?

AR = FAL DSW
SMG = Chicom CQB
Shotgun = R870 or KSG
Sniper Rifle = DSR 50

Assuming you have a good trigger finger *cough*modded controller*cough*

Firing Semi-Auto Weapons has a higher fire rate cap than ones with Select Fire option. FAL DSW is like a brother to MW2 UMP45; they both deal 3 Shot Kill at maximum distance.

mxgt

Banned
I like the MSMC more than the PDW

This game is great when you're playing well. I've been kicking ass tonight and it's a blast. Then again I guess the same could be said for most COD games.

Can some other PS3 players please test something and chip in with your findings?

Go into Game Data Utility in the XMB and delete the 1.02 patch.

Boot up the game and press circle when it asks to download the patch so it loads without installing it.

Now, is it my ageing eyes playing tricks on me or is the blur filter all but gone?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch a few times now to test, and I'm absolutely convinced there's a pretty substantial difference. I'm all but convinced there's something in the patch that wreaks havoc on the AA solution or something and causes the excess softness...

I just tried this and wow, the blurry washed out look is completely gone. I did this multiple times to make sure i wasn't seeing things. Holy bad programming batman.

They better fix this shit ASAP.

EDIT- this affects the multiplayer engine too right? I can't check since it signs you out if you don't download the patch.

just realized my "stealth" build has been kind of useless lol

I always thought my cold blooded perk/blind eye combo eliminated me from UAV sweeps.

Guess not heh

65 should be enough for me since I haven't used a sniper rifle since the first week I played COD4 and there is no Olympia in this game. So I don't need to unlock ANYTHING from either of those two categories.

I'm a dork, but I already made a Word document of the 65 items I want to use my unlock tokens on. This way, I can get what I want, and I won't accidentally have overspent my unlocks.

Due to the irritating weapon leveling system, I'm only going to unlock a couple in each category (and 1 in LMG). I'd rather just level up a couple weapons and experiment with their attachments.

alterno69

Banned
I just tried this and wow, the blurry washed out look is completely gone. I did this multiple times to make sure i wasn't seeing things. Holy bad programming batman.

They better fix this shit ASAP.
Maybe it had performance issues online before the patch? I'm gonna take a look

I don't know what gun it is, but I think someone definitely found and exploit with a shotgun using laser sight, it's one hit kills from a ridiculous range.

redhot_

I swear they doubled the aim assist in this game, i feel like im cheating or something. Mash L1+R1 faster then an enemy.. WIN!

aku:jiki

By the way, I'm getting sick to fucking death of kids who decide to teamkill you when defusing a bomb, to get the points. They do it 80% of the time! I only have like 4 defuses in 40 levels because of that shit.
Play regular S&D? Hardcore is for little girls and their motion sensors.

Top Bottom