• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Makoto

Scavenger replenishes Shock Charges and Bouncing Betties. Now that's just silly.

And amazing. My objective defense has leveled up.

Shady859

Level 43, can't wait for ghost lol definitely my 1st prestige keeper. Although I love point whoring and knocking down UAVs for now. I'm down to my last skins to unlock on the FHJ AA launcher. Will try those black hats when I get on later, never tried them yet. A dual black hat and 2 AA missiles be boss.

Nuketown isn't that bad people, it is retarded when they throw it on a full player free though. I camp like a fool on this map though and not ashamed to admit it. It's head and shoulders above the boat map at least. Get up top and lay 2 shocks and 2 claymores. That's my security system. :)

Edit: scavenger replenishes betties and shocks? Must unlock that for a camping whore class!

ohlawd

Shock Charges... those damn things make me so mad >_>

And yesterday, someone "blocked" a pathway in Yemen with some kind of air particle thing similar to Nova Gas. What the heck is that called? Once I got into the cloud, I'm dead cuz I can't jump out of the way fast enough. They gotta fix that shit lol. Death is unavoidable.

And yesterday, someone "blocked" a pathway in Yemen with some kind of air particle thing similar to Nova Gas. What the heck is that called? Once I got into the cloud, I'm dead cuz I can't jump out of the way fast enough. They gotta fix that shit lol. Death is unavoidable.

Guardian.

Those things are nasty good.

Kyoufu

You can avoid death by not staying inside the field.

Mr. Obvious I know but you do get a chance to leave the area unless you go in too deep.

ohlawd

You can avoid death by not staying inside the field.

Mr. Obvious I know but you do get a chance to leave the area unless you go in too deep.

Of course I tried to get out you know :p I took one or two steps into it before I realized I was in deep shit. Then I tried to get out.

Well, I never tried running out of the field. I only tried jumping out because that's what I would do with Nova Gas from Black Ops 1.

Raven77

Reposting this from pages back, got kind of buried and only have one person comment who wasn't sure. 360 version by the way.

Does anyone know how to change the NON iron-sight reticle (the aiming reticle that is just on the screen whenever your not aiming through your sites)?

It is horrendous, the bars are like 2 inches away from each other with no dot or anything in the center. Makes it hard to tell where I'm going to be aiming when I DO bring up my iron sights.

Thanks in advance.

That's the point of them. To immobilize the shit out of enemies so I can shoot you easily.

ohlawd

Guardian. And fix what? That's the point of them. To immobilize the shit out of enemies so I can shoot you easily.

Well I was thinking that they're the scorestreak version of the Nova Gas... which is easy to get out of.

I guess it's redemption because Nova Gas was terrible back then.

Tokubetsu

Knock on wood, I somehow have yet to run into many quick scopers. I've been playing Kill Confirmed and Hardpoint. I'm probably just getting lucky though.

I've yet to see anyone use a sniper rifle. I'm on the PC version though. It's a sea of Vectors, PDWs and random assault rifles.

tatsuki

Yeah I guess you do get a token and an extra class to set up but I don't think I really need those.

I will need Ghost more than those tokens and the extra classes, LOL.

Like sethos said, You get 1 permanent unlock token when you prestige. You could use it on ghost from lvl 1.

I used mine on the M8A1 It's just too good in HC CTF

But you use the token to unlock Ghost from level 1 :p

When you prestige do weapon levels reset too?

Or you could just not prestige and keep all your unlocks forever. :)

Like sethos said, You get 1 permanent unlock token when you prestige. You could use it on ghost from lvl 1.

I used mine on the M8A1 It's just too good in HC CTF

As soon as you get to 55, you get to unlock Ghost and keep it. If you do prestige, you get a permanent unlock code, use it for whatever you want.

TBH I smirked when I saw someone being called "CIA Nerd" in the subtitles :)

Campaign is cheesy and great at the same time, if that makes sense. Treyarch did some interesting things with it.

End game spoiler:
If you fail the strike force mission where you're supposed to rescue her and you use Farid to kill the US guy (not menedez), then she survives I believe.

Check out the forum on ps3trophies.org to get the full run down on how to do that. There's a full break down on how to get all of the endings in the trophy roadmap.

I'm a little surprised that no one here has saved her yet. There's a minor extra cameo at the end if you do.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
TBH I smirked when I saw someone being called "CIA Nerd" in the subtitles :)

Campaign is cheesy and great at the same time, if that makes sense. Treyarch did some interesting things with it.

Make sure to play the side missions. There's only like 7 of them but its a really fun mode. Not as complex as the tutorial would like you to believe either, just know that you select squads with dpad and send machines/troops in a direction with l1/lb, and that taking control of a soldier yourself is usually the most effective strategy.

Also for story missions always pick the toolkit perk. You get access to extra weapons and areas.

aku:jiki

Seems that Woody (the guy who posted the video about switching to "best" search preference) agrees that it's just a placebo. He posted a new video about how his experience hasn't really improved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRpEYUJR0vI

Disappointing. :(

Overgrown is the best map of the series.
Overgrown isn't very open, though, aside from three long sniping sight lines alone the edges and middle. It's just a large map with many tight areas.

Maps like Countdown and Seelow are large and open and they suck.

Top Bottom