• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

How long is it taking people to hit level 55? I'm at 22 now and I feel like I'm progressing really fast, faster than previous CoD games.

I'm only Level 11, but I haven't put much time in yet and it feels pretty fast for me as well. Part of that is probably because I did most of Levels 1-10 in Combat Training and cleaned up against the noobs. But then I got my ass handed to me in my first game back in the regular hoppers.

One game where I have a 3 bar connection and I receive this after -

eGtAH.jpg

Not defending him but last night I experienced a person with a crappy connection; not only were they lagging across my screen but they were also very difficult to shoot because they're jumping around.

So what are maps that stand out to you guys?

Like: Slums, Standoff, and Yemen!! Cargo, Turbine, and Plaza are fun too, but not as much as the first three.

Strongly Dislike: Express and Carrier. Raid and Hijacked are also pretty annoying for me, but I can play pretty well on them.

Slums and Standoff is where it's at though 8)
This is based of Demolition. I'm sure some of the maps I like suck in TDM or Hardpoint or something.

EDIT: I've also only played Meltdown ONCE since street date and i think once before it. Is this the new downturn or something, where you play it like once every other week?

Sethos

Banned
I love Carrier, such an awesome map.

The map I hate the most is definitely Turbine, such a shit map. Express and Yemen are also pretty boring.

I love twitter.

@pcdev key board and mouse = virgin

@pcdev if keyboard and mouse are better than a controller why is all ps's and xbox's with controller?

@hihellobyeoh @Tuckrain @pcdev why does every other game have it then bf3 crysis etc what you think you know better than them

Bricky

Does anyone here not have Nuketown 2025? I have an extra code. This will get your double XP this weekend, too.

I don't, even though I bought the first-day edition. Was pretty bummed by that, so it'd be awesome if I could have your code if you have a spare anyway. :D

V: In that case I hope Fstop7 got the code for my Blops 2 blurry edition (better know as the PS3-release).

Sojgat

I keep getting friend invites when I run around like a dickhead on the Express map, with my Tac Knife B23R class, throwing Bouncing Betties everywhere. Who wants to befriend such a person? Is this a trap of some sort?

Sethos

Banned
I really wish S&D had a "Mercenary" mode. Sick of playing against full group of friends that work together while getting stuck with the people who can't hit shit.

DoomGyver

I'm sick of this quick scoping shit. FUCK THIS.

I don't get the sniper hate in this game. Most of the maps are small, SMGs and ARs have the advantage in most places. Don't run out in the open and learn where the snipers hide.

There is no "faster ADS" perk this time 'round either.

I really don't like how they're doing weapon skins this time. Unlocking each one for each weapon is a pain in the ass and of course they're not unlocked for bot matches.

Edit: wow all the weapon attachments are the same way, ffs

Sojgat

I don't get the sniper hate in this game. Most of the maps are small, SMGs and ARs have the advantage in most places. Don't run out in the open and learn where the snipers hide.

There is no "faster ADS" perk this time 'round either.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'm not getting killed by quickscopers much and when I do it's because they spawn right behind me. The smaller maps actually have some good sight lines for sniping, but they're easy to avoid as long as you don't spawn in them. Again it's the spawn system not the actual quickscoping IMO.

I really don't like how they're doing weapon skins this time. Unlocking each one for each weapon is a pain in the ass and of course they're not unlocked for bot matches.

Edit: wow all the weapon attachments are the same way, ffs

They're all still unlocked for those weapons after you prestige though.

I really wish S&D had a "Mercenary" mode. Sick of playing against full group of friends that work together while getting stuck with the people who can't hit shit.

I wish there is just a mercenary playlist, at least for the first few weeks where you get to play any mercenary game that you want. I'm sure there are enough people for it.

AN-94, unlocks at level 55

I can't wait for the AK.

Just had a team deathmatch on carrier (ps3) well i say team deathmatch , it was me and a random guy against a full team.........fix this bullshit!!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
People have some weird conversations on this, lol.

Someone had some smoking term in their name so someone else decided to tell them how bad smoking was for them.
And now some guy has a kid in the background so someone told him the game was for 18s and up, there was seemingly a whole family on the other end because they all laughed at him for a few minutes.

tatsuki

Been playing for the last 30 minutes, going in and out of lobbies and nothing has popped up. 360 and I have activated my Nuketown code.

There was an update to the playlists not long ago. It still feels as if it wasn't for double xp yet though.

Halcyon

I haven't had a lot of problems with quickscopers.

My bane are the matches where I see someone first and put sight on target immediately and start firing head shots only to be instantly killed by the lag compensation.

I rarely camp and I use an AR so I need to be in matches where my twitch targeting is fair otherwise I lose like every gun battle.

It's like 50/50 chance I will be in a good connection game tho.

Top Bottom