• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is my last competitive game if they won't allow dedicated servers. I get a half second delay. I have to flank to get a kill. Head on fights are unbeatable. Ghost is nerfed to where you have to tilt the analog fully to be off radar which destroys all non laser attachment smg battles. Even then its a crapshoot. Enemies respawn together. Theatre mode shows a completely different perspective game than the one I see. I watch in disbelief since that's not at all what I saw! I look half retarded and braindead in theatre meanwhile, while I'm playing I'm super focused to compensate and its stressing me the fuck out. I have decent internet. I cannot play like this at all. MW2 had this perfect. Ever since Black Ops its been downhill.

How can you say the above and then say this:

Dirty when the lag is this unbearable, what are you on? Besides, scavenger bags only show after a gun kill as far as I can tell. Nevermind Engineer AND Black Hat, individually or together, make them totally useless. And its looking like a full sprint while using lightweight and an smg can run right by a bouncing betty and not get killed. Can't do it more than once without the guy expecting it and going prone. And I can't count on the announcer to tell me my equipment is gone fast enough.

With this shit netcode I actually feel dirty when I play well. I can't be certain if I won an engagement due to me being on the good or bad side of lag compensation. Until developers started adding this shit in I never gave it a thought. And I have to pay extra because my friends are on Xbox. Fuck Treyarch, MS, Xbox, this is the last year for me unless servers with ping check is back, and compensation is gone.

Your playing with BEST connection selected right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I reserve the right to change my opinion but I must be like halfway through the campaign at least. This is a GREAT campaign. It's amazing how much better it is than Black Ops 1, and I'm surprised at the openness of some of the levels. Treyarch did a great job.

Also Harper is so much less annoying than Fucking Fuck Fucker Woods and the talentless Mr. Worthington

Spookie

This is my last competitive game if they won't allow dedicated servers. I get a half second delay.

It's not much better on the PC. I've watched kill cams where I had 3-4 hit markers and according to the hit reg not one landed. It makes me laugh that people consider this an e-sport.

DSmalls84

I got a terrible ending.
I should have killed that asshole on the last mission, I thought letting him live would have gotten me a better ending
[Also do you have a choice on whether or not to shoot Mason? I tried shooting him in the leg but then it prompted me to kill him][/spoiler]

DSmalls84

I got a terrible ending.
I should have killed that asshole on the last mission, I thought letting him live would have gotten me a better ending

I apologize if anyone read the spoilers I posted. I messed up the tag and then my internet connection went out.

Globox_82

Banned
Where the fuck is double XP? I have preoder copy with Nuketown double XP and I pick Nuketown, still no double XP. I am playing on PS3 (in EU)

Maddocks

I have my connection on best and I still lose straight up fights and even fights I have the drop on people. My net is to good.

Fantasmo

Downgrade your internet. I am being serious btw.

Here is my speedtest from central NJ to Secaucus NJ:
speedtest5apoz.jpg

Is that too fast? I find that hard to believe. My friend has Verizon FIOS and he does incredibly well. He always calls in chopper gunner and dogs in Black Ops and last night he pulled off Orbital VSAT and Dogs in this game.

We live less than 5 miles from each other.

He's certainly better than me but the issue I'm having is not minor! The difference between what I see onscreen and what I see in theatre is astonishing. It may as well be a different match aside from kills and deaths!!!!!

Facism

I NEVER experienced this in the early 2000s. NEVER.

yeh it's amazing how backwards online gaming has gone considering hit registration and stability.

It's worth noting that your broadband speed isn't what you want to look at, but the latency of your connection and any line jitter you might have.

Sethos

Banned
Think I might stop playing Hardcore and go back to Core, it's so much easier in this shitty connection fest.

By the way, anyone know how long it takes for a rendered film to hit Elite?

Spookie

I NEVER experienced this in the early 2000s. NEVER.

I remember it being a huge ruckus when shots didn't land back in the days of CS. Server admins would dedicate hours to making sure that not one bullet went missing. Now people don't seem to give a shit and accept that it happens all the time. :/

Edit: Jesus christ what isn't banned nowadays for pictures?

Dropbox? Dropbox is awesome.

I got a terrible ending.
I should have killed that asshole on the last mission, I thought letting him live would have gotten me a better ending Also do you have a choice on whether or not to shoot Mason? I tried shooting him in the leg but then it prompted me to kill him]
Yes
the second time shoot him somewhere besides the head

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm really enjoying the campaign. Just played a few levels and it's already better than the entirety of Modern Warfare 3, hope the quality is consistent till the end.

JB1981

I reserve the right to change my opinion but I must be like halfway through the campaign at least. This is a GREAT campaign. It's amazing how much better it is than Black Ops 1, and I'm surprised at the openness of some of the levels. Treyarch did a great job.

Also Harper is so much less annoying than Fucking Fuck Fucker Woods and the talentless Mr. Worthington

Come on, dude , don't make me buy this fucking game.

harrytang

Is anyone getting games where everyone is red for minutes on end? Happening all morning. When green all good but suddenly everyone going red. Checking my connection but ok 15 up and 19 down. Everyone just quitting immediatly.

Tambini

I've given up playing hardpoint with my friends now. One who just snipes and the other who runs around no where near the objective, both causing us to lose no matter how many times I tell them >.<

Even playing with randoms I'm getting better results

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
4. Always.

Bars have fuck all to do with anything, higher bars is worse with the lag compensation system. Especially as I constantly get host which is the worst of the lot.

I have to leave every time I get host.

Hosting is utterly lame, I can feel when I am host and I always have to leave, it is just unfair on me to be stuck with whatever host disadvantage/lag comp at the level the game enforces it to supposedly make it fair on others yet I am consistently killed quickly.

Where the fuck is double XP? I have preoder copy with Nuketown double XP and I pick Nuketown, still no double XP. I am playing on PS3 (in EU)

It's been mentioned a whole bunch in the topic, double xp is only applied after a match finishes and not during, there is no real indicator for it besides filling up the xp bar more than usual.

If you've played COD4 and MW2, how would you rate it against them?

ironcreed

Banned

As I mentioned last night, I am also surprised by how good the campaign is. I think I like it better than COD 4. The pacing of going back to the past and back to the future is really well done and the presentation is better than it has ever been. Add in some of the badass futuristic weapons and the smooth 60 FPS gameplay and it is simply fun as hell. Never thought I would say that about a COD campaign again, but you can tell they actually tried.

I'll probably take a crack at multiplayer and zombies later today, but so far, I have to admit that Black Ops II is indeed a great game. The series may be ran into the ground, but I can't lie and say I hate this one. Perhaps me taking a break from the series last year also played a part in being able to enjoy this one more, who knows? All I know is that it's fun and well made. *shrugs*

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, I didn't play Black Ops but I'm in the mood for a good FPS. Should I get the cheaper original flavor, or this one to play on my PC?

Sethos

Banned
I love playing with brits, they are always so full of piss and vinegar, they just talk shit all day and hate each other at 200mph.

ironcreed

Banned
So, I didn't play Black Ops but I'm in the mood for a good FPS. Should I get the cheaper original flavor, or this one to play on my PC?

Black Ops was the last one I played and I found it totally underwhelming. I skipped out on MW3 and thought I was done with COD for good, but this is much, much better. If you are going to get one, I say get this.

Wow.. Is there a fucking scorestreak glitch already?

2 enemy guys keep calling hunter and lightning strike.

Well there is a trick to get them easily, not a glitch.

Once you get your scorestreaks, do not use them until you die. When you respwan, use your streaks which will add points and couple more kills you will be back with what you have.

Goes well for me when my scorestreaks work well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I assume there's no way to replay a mission to try for an alternate outcome and have it save? I'd like to replay
let the guy get away
. I haven't continued the story from finishing the level, but I can't see any way to replay and have it save over.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I assume there's no way to replay a mission to try for an alternate outcome and have it save? I'd like to replay
let the guy get away
. I haven't continued the story from finishing the level, but I can't see any way to replay and have it save over.

You have to reset the story back to that point. The option shows on the level select screen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you've played COD4 and MW2, how would you rate it against them?

I don't really like CoD4. It's an overly scripted bro-game with infinitely respawning enemies in way too many places. I think MW2 is WAY more of a bro-game, but I liked the rest of it much more. I don't know why. Maybe I had given in to the broness. Maybe I had become what I fought so hard to destroy. Maybe I just liked Burger Town.

I hated (HATED) Blops.

My rankings (excluding Blops2):

1. MW2
2. CoD2

~~~~ then it all becomes kinda mushy shit in terms of my opinion cause I don't care, but roughly

MW3
MW1
World at War
Blops
CoD3 (super shitty shit)

Mr.Fresh

I'm enjoying the shit outta this campaign right now. I didn't even liked the original black ops campaign . But this is great. You're always doing something different.

Top Bottom