• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

That was me too. Like, 1 k:d was good for me.

Then it just....clicked.

Now I average about 2 k:d.

I've found that my DS3 controller's right analogue stick has a much stronger spring than my old Sixaxis (or it's heavily worn), will be trying this for MP...

Hope it clicks soon, what a waste of double XP!

RS4-

How do I re-unlock ghost after I prestige? I can't find an option to do it.

Look at the bottom right while you're on your create a class. Should be one of the bumpers. I think its like LB or RB to perma unlock whichever you're highlightjng.

Sethos

Banned
Finally I broke 2.0 on K/D, took long enough oh and I hit prestige earlier. Feels good, there's even an achievement for it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Are they kidding me with this shit? (campaign ending spoilers)
I do the "good" thing and save Menendez, and I end up getting a shitty ending where he escapes and kills Woods?
Fuck this game, man. The campaign is all over the place, I had no clue what was going on in the plot 90% of the time, the strike force missions were complete ass, and to top it all off the game leaves me with a big "fuck you" and gives me the bad ending.

There were some good ideas in the campaign, such as the branching paths which I think is cool, and Menendez was truly a great villain, but a lot of the stuff was executed so poorly. The strike force missions are just so annoying that I had no interest in subjecting myself to them just to get a better ending. Overall Treyarch has maintained its crown as the creators of the worst single player COD campaigns. I would be really angry right now if I hadn't just rented the game instead of bought it. What a clusterfuck.

Mikey Jr.

I've found that my DS3 controller's right analogue stick has a much stronger spring than my old Sixaxis (or it's heavily worn), will be trying this for MP...

Hope it clicks soon, what a waste of double XP!

Yep, on PS3 too.

I think for me, I was just away from cod for a LONG TIME. Like, the last time I really played cod was MW2. Pretty much skipped the rest.

The game is about speed. Its what I had to relearn after playing slower games.

Madtown_

So how is this compared to the PS3 version of Black Ops I? Because the frame rate was incredibly bad as I'm sure all previous owners of BOI know.

Much better. Some matchmaking issues are still happening and they have some freezing problems to fix. But the game and multiplayer itself is much improved.

I do the "good" thing and save Menendez, and I end up getting a shitty ending where he escapes and kills Woods?
Fuck this game, man. The campaign is all over the place, I had no clue what was going on in the plot 90% of the time, the strike force missions were complete ass, and to top it all off the game leaves me with a big "fuck you" and gives me the bad ending.

It is your fault that he escaped, because you did not save Chloe Lynch (and Alex Mason), who could have decoded the Virus entirely

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gemüsepizza;44442359 said:
It is your fault that he escaped, because you did not save Chloe Lynch (and Alex Mason), who could have decoded the Virus entirely

How the hell am I supposed to
save Chloe?
I had no control during that part.

Edit: Actually
I did save her but then Salazar killed her.
I had no control during that second cutscene.

fuenf

There were some good ideas in the campaign, such as the branching paths which I think is cool, and Menendez was truly a great villain, but a lot of the stuff was executed so poorly. The strike force missions are just so annoying that I had no interest in subjecting myself to them just to get a better ending. Overall Treyarch has maintained its crown as the creators of the worst single player COD campaigns. I would be really angry right now if I hadn't just rented the game instead of bought it. What a clusterfuck.

so it's the game's fault you made the wrong choice? The strike force missions are actually pretty easy once you realize, that utilizing the strategy screen is the way to go. Your units are powerful, but playing the missions doesnt change a thing about the ending you got.

save Chloe?

It's based on your previous decisions. See EatChildren's post.

Is the UAV in this game enabled at all times? I'm watching a Sandy Ravage video where he's playing Gun Game, and before the match even begins a UAV is showing player positions. Such a weird move.

save Chloe?

Edit: Actually
I did save her but then Salazar killed her.
I had no control during that second cutscene.

As far as I know, Farid must shoot Harper, then he will sacrifice himself (probably because of guilt) to save Chloe. To be fair, it's not really obvious.

iNvid02

Is the UAV in this game enabled at all times? I'm watching a Sandy Ravage video where he's playing Gun Game, and before the match even begins a UAV is showing player positions. Such a weird move.

think its only for the party modes (gun game, sticks n stones, one in chamber, sharpshooter), to prevent camping

then again, it might as well be enabled at all times since all you hear in games is

ENEMY UAV ABOVE
ENEMY UAV ABOVE
ENEMY UAV ABOVE
ENEMY UAV ABOVE
ENEMY UAV ABOVE

fuenf

It's the default for the Party Games, you can change it in a private match, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Gemüsepizza;44442479 said:
As far as I know, Farid must shoot Harper, then he will sacrifice himself (probably because of guilt) to save Chloe. To be fair, it's not really obvious.

I see, thanks. Well, at least now I know what I would need to do to get a better ending, but I don't see myself bothering anytime soon.

Acinixys

It's OK, of my last 7 TDM games, I made it past 1 KDR once. It was like, 1.0001.

This is me right now. Currently under .70 lol.

Gonna finish SP first to take sone steam off. When I go back to MP and still suck, zombies it is.

Small maps (Hijacked etc) use the 870 with Laser/Long Barrel/Quickdraw

Larger maps use any PDW (excluding the last one, its terrible IMO) and slap on a Laser/FMJ ammo/Adjustable stock OR Long Barrel

Only ADS at range and hipfire like a boss. You'll get kills all day

Has anyone gotten the Wii U version early and posted impressions (DF will be one to watch for the resolution)? AC3 is also another I'm curious about, luckily Ubi's patching it day 1 on Wii U. So no worries.

knitoe

This is me right now. Currently under .70 lol.

Gonna finish SP first to take sone steam off. When I go back to MP and still suck, zombies it is.

Just camp behind other people, use them as bait and watch your ratio jump up big.

Unfortunately, my playstyle is the lone flanker which sucks without Ghost unlock. I am lucky to be holding currently 1.10 ratio.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
To save
MASON You have to shoot him in the chest when they bring him out, then in his knees, not his head.

Yeah I realized that afterwards. At the time
I KNEW it was Mason, but I shot him in the head because I was told to shoot him in the head. I actually tried to shoot the soldiers holding him but it failed me, so I figured I had to shoot him in the head.
Man this game does such a terrible job at explaining anything to you.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Slowly getting my K/D up, hit 0.79 thursday from all the naf matches which is probably my lowest in the series. Back up to 0.84, with the hopes that I can slowly crawl back up to at least 1.0 at some point, I nearly managed it on MW3, but these first few weeks after release are always brutal on my K/D.

Also quite enjoying the M8A1, probably the reason for my K/D going up, a nice replacement for the Type 95 from MW3 as the Swat or whatever the 3 shot is I just didn't enjoy at all.

I've been getting some terrible connections... anyone else?

Two things happen pretty often (using best connection search option)

1) Stuttering rubber band movement, the whole scoreboard is at 1 red bar connection. I see people drop out of these games quickly so I'm guessing it's shitty for everyone.

2) Domination games with no flags/no visible teammates. I've only seen this happen on Drone so maybe it's a map bug?

aristotle

Yeah I realized that afterwards. At the time
I KNEW it was Mason, but I shot him in the head because I was told to shoot him in the head. I actually tried to shoot the soldiers holding him but it failed me, so I figured I had to shoot him in the head.
Man this game does such a terrible job at explaining anything to you.

It's not the game's fault you made that decision. It's not supposed to be known. You seem to think it should hold your hand and tell you everything when Treyarch made everyone aware that there are branching paths based on decisions you make. I don't get your hate for the SP since a lot of people like the way they went with it.

1) Stuttering rubber band movement, the whole scoreboard is at 1 red bar connection. I see people drop out of these games quickly so I'm guessing it's shitty for everyone.

2) Domination games with no flags/no visible teammates. I've only seen this happen on Drone so maybe it's a map bug?

I've had disappearing/frozen enemies in Domination. Honestly I don't see any difference between "Normal" and "Best" - it's a match-by-match situation.

Linkhero1

Happened to me and a few gaffers in several of our games last night. They definitely need to release a patch.

Stop looking at emblems :p

I've noticed that is the only time I've ever had a freeze. For some reason when the countdown timer finishes (or migrating hosts or whatever), the ps3 will freeze if you're doing anything other than just sitting in the lobby.

Yes, it always happens in lobbies, and mostly when I am looking at emblems lol.

Double XP was active last night?

Been active for the last 25 hours

Yeah pretty much since noon yesterday.

I honestly had no idea haha. I guess it explains why I was leveling up so quickly :p

Well that is because unlike the previous COD games, it clearly doesn't tell you how much XP you earned at the end of the game. So you are not used to seeing how much you've been earning and how much you do now.

Top Bottom