• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

PandaL

Sorry if posted already, here's gameplay from the PS3 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxsIRjVM2Nk

Thank you very much.

PS3 Nuketown 2025 from that same channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0No5WRPb4ys

Another bad capture. Does no one with a PS3 copy have a good capture device?

Still better quality than the previous video.

I'm confused if the capture quality is messed up or the game itself is inferior compared to the 360 version. But I'm glad that there are no frame rate issues as with BO in PS3. :)

MW3 maps were definitely the shittiest IMO.

+100

Xater

Thank you very much.

PS3 Nuketown 2025 from that same channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0No5WRPb4ys

Still better quality than the previous video.

I'm confused if the capture quality is messed up or the game itself is inferior compared to the 360 version. But I'm glad that there are no frame rate issues as with BO in PS3. :)

It's clearly the capture because there is also lot of interlacing and encoding artifacts.

Hey I am thinking of getting this but I was wondering if anyone who is getting the PS3 hardened would be willing to trade me their Nuketown Zombies code for a month of PS+ code. I am not really into special editions but I loved zombies in the last game and I don't need an extra month of PS+ (I got it when I bought the AC3 season pass).

Quoting for new page

clear31

I'm not a big multiplayer shooter guy but always seem to enjoy the campaigns in call of duty. I could be a rare case though but yeah I preordered simply to play the campaign

EagleEyes

Gotta quick question about the PC version. I'm getting ready to preorder but want to know if the PC version is full Steamworks( Achievements, etc.)?

legbone

I'm not a big multiplayer shooter guy but always seem to enjoy the campaigns in call of duty. I could be a rare case though but yeah I preordered simply to play the campaign

me too. i loved the first black ops campaign. it was my favorite of the entire cod franchise. i can't wait for this one.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Managed to pick up a copy from a local shop early. Same thing happened with the original Blops. I don't think the store is aware of it's release lol.

Played quite abit of multiplayer with bots on hardened and it feels great. Maps look great and a good variety. My favorite is Standoff, not really large but has the vibe of a COD4 map and it's great for sniping.

That Warthog scorestreak is pretty creepy. It has this eary sound when it flies over. Hellstorm Missile is basically a Predator missile from the MW series but it has the option to blow out cluster bombs for a wider area on impact which is great for killing large groups huddled together.

I would love to show videos but I'm worried that Activision would pull them down. Not touched campaign or zombies yet.

PandaL

It's clearly the capture because there is also lot of interlacing and encoding artifacts.

I thought so.

Edit:

Managed to pick up a copy from a local shop early. Same thing happened with the original Blops. I don't think the store is aware of it's release lol.

Played quite abit of multiplayer with bots on hardened and it feels great. Maps look great and a good variety. My favorite is Standoff, not really large but has the vibe of a COD4 map and it's great for sniping.

That Warthog scorestreak is pretty creepy. It has this eary sound when it flies over. Hellstorm Missile is basically a Predator missile from the MW series but it has the option to blow out cluster bombs for a wider area on impact which is great for killing large groups huddled together.

I would love to show videos but I'm worried that Activision would pull them down. Not touched campaign or zombies yet.

PS3 or 360 version ? If its the PS3 version then I request you to upload some gameplays. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I'll play through the campaign, play Zombies for a bit (or Spec Ops like I did in MW2 and MW3), and play multiplayer maybe once or twice. I just had my fill of COD multiplayer when COD4 came out, only interested in the campaigns now.

OSHAN

I'm a big shooter fan and I think the COD campaigns are terrible. The last one I enjoyed playing through was MW. I just find them so damn boring. Here's hoping Blops 2 is an improvement.

Raptor

Im buying this for Campaign and Zombies :)

I don't care for MP but I will play some I can't say no to dat hit sound!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
PS3 or 360 version ? If its the PS3 version then I request you to upload some gameplays. Thanks.

360 version here. I could of bought on PS3 but when it comes to FPS titles and the PS3 pad I do terrible.

I suppose for anyone who wants videos I could upload some to Dropbox or a download service for people to download.

Sojgat

I'm a big shooter fan and I think the COD campaigns are terrible. The last one I enjoyed playing through was MW. I just find them so damn boring. Here's hoping Blops 2 is an improvement.

I'm in the same boat, COD style campaigns have grown stale and tend to put me to sleep. I'm glad they're changing it up a bit this year, it was needed.

PandaL

360 version here. I could of bought on PS3 but when it comes to FPS titles and the PS3 pad I do terrible.

I suppose for anyone who wants videos I could upload some to Dropbox or a download service for people to download.

Oh thanks dude. There are tons of good quality 360 version videos. But there are no good quality videos of the PS3 version. That's why I asked. Anyway thanks. :)

evilenger

Does anyone know what the requirements will be for live streaming? I know the basics: valid YT and COD Elite account but hasn't gone into much specifics. I also wonder how good a connection you'll need to live stream and play simultaneously without affecting your game.

Also, anyone who hasn't seen it, here's a create a class online calculator to test out various class setups using the 10 point system:

http://gamervets.com/2012/10/black-ops-2-create-a-class-online-calculator/

The new zombies soundtrack is awesome so far.

Kevin Sherwood delivers just as always. He's and the whole Zombie's team are the reason why I still consider buying the game. I was genuinely surprised when they released Zombie's soundtrack at itunes. The best soundtrack of the last year, no exceptions.

ok is it three scorestreaks for all classes or can you pick a set for each class you make like in MW3 because if it isn't that's a setback since it was good being able to set streaks for different situations and for different type of opponents.

Effect

Not alone. A LOT of people enjoy the campaign. Activision has to know this or why even bother putting in the work they do. With BO2 and the Strike Force Missions I hope they do increase the replayability. Would be nice to know if there is a chance more of those could be added in it's own section if they turn out well.

Not alone. A LOT of people enjoy the campaign. Activision has to know this or why even bother putting in the work they do. With BO2 and the Strike Force Missions I hope they do increase the replayability. Would be nice to know if there is a chance more of those could be added in it's own section if they turn out well.

++ I usually have fun with the campaigns. I mean it's nothing GOTY material or anything but still a good time.

muu

Is nuketown a dlc code that comes with the first shipment or is it truly preorder only?

Edit:nm, just saw that unboxing vid which explained it.

Kapow

So this is gonna be the first COD I buy on pc and i was wondering how many people play this online on pc? Am I gonna have trouble finding people to play with like a year from now?

Effect

++ I usually have fun with the campaigns. I mean it's nothing GOTY material or anything but still a good time.

They're an entertaining roller coaster ride with great production value. A lot of people just want that. I do hope this campaign is longer then normal though. I've played the last few on the normal settings. Think I might finally start off at a higher difficulty to give myself more of a challenge and to make the game last longer.

Hpw are the denzien? saw a vid of them in action and they look annoying as hell to fight off

Denizen are VERY annoying lol. It takes 5 knifes to kill them and you are unarmed while they are on you, so you can't kill zombies.

The game took me 2 hours because I would always wait for and ride the bus.

Also, you can see them spawn and I would keep killing them, but they would just keep spawning, so it feels like i have to walk through with them scratching me the whole time.

I ended up dying because: MINOR SPOILER. YOU WILL PROBABLY RUN INTO THIS IN YOUR FIRST GAME OR TWO.

On Round 14, some electric zombie thing spawned. It would always zap me and give me lightning on my screen (like when you shoot a WunderWaffe too close to you). It wouldn't die to the nuke either. Now, thinking about it, theres an achievement to kill "him" before you get attacked by "him" and the name of it is You Have No Power Over Me and it has an electric symbol for the picture, so this must be him

Now for MAJOR SPOILERS, BUT NOT "STORY" RELATED:
Each location has a buildable table. I've created 4 things on them so far. Assault Shield, Fan that blows certain doors open that you normally can't access, Turret, and Electrical Charge. The Electrical Charge says "You need to find a source of power" or something along those lines when i place it down and now this new electrical zombie thing seems like it can be a solution. The final location has a buildable table, but no items round to find. I found one halfway through a bus ride. I jumped off and found it. Now, I've also noticed another spot where I can jump off the bus and search for another part, but I died before I could. Theres also a thing on the roof of a place that says parts required, but everything I've tried so far says "Wrong Part." Theres one door on the map that looks easter egg related (just like the door from Call of The Dead and the character says something about it when you push X. I still haven't found the pack a punch or the wonder weapon; however, I believe these parts I'm finding right now create the wonderweapon or a motorcycle, cause i saw a cycle in the trailer and theres an achievement for using an alternate form of transportation.
^ ^
More of a gameplay/map location spoiler.

So yeah, I'm still excited because I've done a lot already, but there is still a lot more to figure out and I haven't even touched the easter egg yet.

Makoto

So this is gonna be the first COD I buy on pc and i was wondering how many people play this online on pc? Am I gonna have trouble finding people to play with like a year from now?
Around 50,000-90,000 will probably be the number for BO2 PC at launch. You won't have trouble finding people to play with a year from now but that will probably be the case three years from now.

ok is it three scorestreaks for all classes or can you pick a set for each class you make like in MW3 because if it isn't that's a setback since it was good being able to set streaks for different situations and for different type of opponents.

3 Global Scorestreaks, like in Black Ops and MW2. It's not related to your custom classes.

They're an entertaining roller coaster ride with great production value. A lot of people just want that. I do hope this campaign is longer then normal though. I've played the last few on the normal settings. Think I might finally start off at a higher difficulty to give myself more of a challenge and to make the game last longer.

I've played 6 regular missions and 4 strike force ones so far and the regular missions are definitely longer than previous Call of Duties or Calls of Duty xP

Strike Force Missions are about 5-10 minutes long.

Top Bottom