• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

So this is gonna be the first COD I buy on pc and i was wondering how many people play this online on pc? Am I gonna have trouble finding people to play with like a year from now?

You won't have problems. People still play MW2, Blops etc. You can also add me on steam :)

Tambini

So this is gonna be the first COD I buy on pc and i was wondering how many people play this online on pc? Am I gonna have trouble finding people to play with like a year from now?

MW3 is one of the most played games on steam at the moment, black ops and MW2 don't do that bad either I think. You'll be fine in a year, no problem.

Kapow

Around 50,000-90,000 will probably be the number for BO2 PC at launch. You won't have trouble finding people to play with a year from now but that will probably be the case three years from now.

As long as there's enough people playing until the next release then i'm happy. Just pre-ordered it a minute ago too.

Really want to get this on PC, to play it together with my nephew.

Just waiting it out to see how it's going to turn out on PC, performance and hacker wise.

bryanee

I noticed on the PS3 unboxing you get a code for the nuketown map but on the WiiU unboxing no code to be found, is it on the disc for WiiU or is the WiiU not getting it?

The day one patch for MW3 turned on Theatre and Elite functionality, probably the same case for BOII.

I know Black Ops fixed their care package glitch in a prerelease patch. I guess you can refer to it as a Day 1 patch cause most people will be downloading it on release date lol.

Xater

How so? The BO2 website says all launch copies get Nuketown 2025 and access to the Doible XP weekend.

The Uk import versions websites are selling here apparently don't have Nuketown. At least they don't mention it like they do for the German or Austrian releases. So I guess there will be versions without it.

BearPawB

Banned
I never finished BO single player.
MW3 multiplayer was just aggravating rather than fun.

But for some reason i still WANT this game...Ugh....

Sojgat

I've played 6 regular missions and 4 strike force ones so far and the regular missions are definitely longer than previous Call of Duties or Calls of Duty xP

Strike Force Missions are about 5-10 minutes long.

How hard does it lean on turret sequences? MW3 just had too many.

Damn I just used the Create a Class calculator....

al_pacino_godfather_3_pull_me_back_in.gif

Yeah I don't know what it is but I hardly follow media hype these days, so I didn't really know about the pick 10 they keep talking about, but the create a class helped me get it quickly and it seems awesome.

Although if it still has 5 class slots that might be too little for all the experimenting I will try.

Stitch

Gold Member
Just bought the Digital Deluxe Edition with my last money. Stupid hype.

Instant Noodle Soup for the rest of the month yay.

Makoto

Gonna roll a class that has no primary/secondary but a load of perks and just use my knife to take someone else's primary.

Makoto

Is that possible?
If these create-a-class editors are to be believed (AND BELIEVE, I DO), then yes it is.

But seriously speaking: I recall Vahn saying in the Gamespot livestream yesterday that if you didn't have any weapon, a knife would be the only thing that was visible because otherwise you wouldn't have any arms, so I took that as confirmation of the possibility of no primary/secondary.

DoomGyver

Can someone tell me if they changed Awareness and Dead silence? Does one completely counter the other or is it more 50/50?

Sitrep was broken in MW3.

Top Bottom