• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

I'm excited to get this on Wii U but man I feel like there's so much I don't know about it legit, like how exactly it is compared to PS360 visually and how the online is.

I know there's an info thread but I still feel oblivious about it even after that.

jet1911

sanstitreagqnj.png

I'll try something like that

ShogunX

I'm excited to get this on Wii U but man I feel like there's so much I don't know about it legit, like how exactly it is compared to PS360 visually and how the online is.

I know there's an info thread but I still feel oblivious about it even after that.

Surely the safe bet would be to get it on either the 360 or PS3 and then see how the WiiU version turns out? Even if the game itself is great on the WiiU who knows how populated it will be compared to the other versions?

Emily Chu

Banned
wondering how this would run on a i5 3320m intel HD4000 on a laptop....

willing to lower a bunch of shit like shadows and bloom and blur to get it to 60 fps... though

I heard MW3 runs decent on a intel HD 4000

Surely the safe bet would be to get it on either the 360 or PS3 and then see how the WiiU version turns out? Even if the game itself is great on the WiiU who knows how populated it will be compared to the other versions?

I don't have either of those consoles. Ideally I would like to get a gaming PC sooner rather than later, but after my decision to spend money on a better HDTV (been dealing with a 32" Samsung 720p for 5 years) I'm not sure when I'll actually be able to afford one.

And I'm not so much worried about population. As long as the game runs the same (or better) than it does on the other consoles and the online is solid, that's all I really care about, at least for now.

Can someone tell me if they changed Awareness and Dead silence? Does one completely counter the other or is it more 50/50?

Sitrep was broken in MW3.

It's the same as it has always been.

The only reason MW3's sitrep stands out more than the other games is because there were/are several glitches to get it.

In MW2, nobody would be able to destroy 75 enemy devices in 1 prestige to get Pro and that was only claymore and C4s that you could get. I guess sentry guns too but they barely existed.

In Black Ops, audio was lower in general, which made soundwhoring as a whole less powerful and harder to do.

Black Ops II from my experience so far (haven't played much) is that I can definitely hear people planting bombs from across the map, but I'm not too sure about footsteps yet.
I like it better in the Modern Warfares when there is no bomb planting noise and there is a bomb pickup noise, which sadly, black ops(2) don't have.

Gav47

wondering how this would run on a i5 3320m intel HD4000 on a laptop....

willing to lower a bunch of shit like shadows and bloom and blur to get it to 60 fps... though

I heard MW3 runs decent on a intel HD 4000

It will depend on what resolution you want to run it at. 720p will be perfectly playable if the older games are anything to go by but 1080p will be a real push.

Lulubop

As much as I'd like to pre load this, I think I'll wait for some screens and performance feedback. GMG deal would be nice too.

I was always able to find a game on Wii, and that's with the CoD games lacking a lot of features. Wii U's community will be fine.

I know I'm getting for Wii U for the control options.

The song that plays when you lose in zombies is amazing. I wish it was online somewhere for me to listen to :/

Even the main menu remix is pretty boss. I've gotten 2 out of 3 teddy bears for the musical easter egg but then died, so I should be able to hear that my next game.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
So the Target I work at will be having a midnight launch for Black Ops II which I will be working. We just got our Black Ops II copies in yesterday and some collector edition stuff i believe.

For those getting it on midnight I would check your local target if they are having midnight launch.

The_Monk

For the people who have the game, what do you think of the Menu game?

I ask this because for those who played COD 4 the Menu music was very nice, even the best of them, if you listen it brings such a great nostalgia.

Anyway, I just hope I can get the game on the release week. Amazon.uk dispatching on November 12th. Anyone believe it can be here until that Friday? Let's hope so, go go international shipping.

Dead Silence better be dead silence and not freaking Ninja and awareness better be SitRep from MW2 cause I'm ready to sound whore the hell out of this :D. Look out random guy in corner trying to sneak after me.

HiiiLife

The ballista is glitched when you put the silencer on?

Seriously?

I love CoD but these games seem to have problems like that. Silence M9 showing up on radar, the acog on CoD4 sniper is just godly, the extra pellets for shotguns on MW3.

Smh.

HiiiLife

I wonder if just moving 2 steps back and forth is enough to get you off the radar.

I hope this isnt the case. Someone could camp in a corner and just hold back on the analog stick :/

Also could you guys that have a copy test it out in split screen? I'd appreciate it.

DoomGyver

I hope this isnt the case. Someone could camp in a corner and just hold back on the analog stick :/

When their character clips through the wall annihilate them.

Does anyone have info on Awareness vs Dead Silence? I found this info:

Dead Silence

A lot of things go into what makes noise for a player. It's not just footsteps. Dead Silence makes your battle chatter (eg., "I'm reloading!") and bump sounds (the noise you make when you run into certain items in the world) completely silent. It significantly reduces the volume of the noise you make on certain surfaces (examples include walking on glass, or a wooden floor) and it makes your gear and uniform rattle a lot quieter as well.

Awareness

This increases the distance by which someone can be heard from. It also increases the volume at which the noise you make when walking on surfaces (again, examples including walking on glass, or a wooden floor).

Dead Silence vs Awareness

For illustrative purposes, let's say that I have Dead Silence and you have Awareness. I still don't have battlechatter. Nor do I make bump sounds. To you, I sound like I would if neither of us had either perk. So, you could argue that Dead Silence takes away the advantages that Awareness gives, but you aren't as quiet as you would be normally. Although we are still evaluating and tuning the game, we are pretty happy with how this plays right now. Generally speaking, you'll always make some noise when you move. If you want to be as quiet as possible in Black Ops 2, then you want to crouch walk slowly. If you crouch walking slowly you can barely be heard and you have to be standing very close to someone who is crouch walking slowly to hear him at all. The purpose of this thread is get you educated, set your expectations, while taking constructive feedback. These things are always difficult to explain simply.

Cheers,
David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

For the people who have the game, what do you think of the Menu game?

I ask this because for those who played COD 4 the Menu music was very nice, even the best of them, if you listen it brings such a great nostalgia.

Anyway, I just hope I can get the game on the release week. Amazon.uk dispatching on November 12th. Anyone believe it can be here until that Friday? Let's hope so, go go international shipping.

COD4 menu music was definitely a classic

I also like MW2's. Very dark. I hated MW3's at first but i loved it after awhile. W@W Is probably the most unique one. Very eery. Blops in nice also.

Blops 2 i love already- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyxw_2LSFXI&feature=related

Has anyone preordered digital steam games from Amazon before? I preordered the deluxe version from Amazon since I had $20 off. Am I not gonna get the steam key until release and be unable to preload ?

Top Bottom