• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

nOoblet16

I like the 3D in this game, it's quite well done.
I absolutely hate it in most games as it just puts a strain on my eye without really providing much depth to the scene...when they do provide some depth you start observing artifacts in terms of two distinct images appearing even with glasses on, but in this game everything is just right...very easy on eyes and still manages to pop out noticeably...what's great is that the framerate still holds up...although they do disable some effects like DOF and the native rendering res is lower too but as with all 3D games the lowered res is not noticeable when playing in 3D.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Everyone is using Best Search Parameters right? Found out about it yesterday and the difference is night and day. Still get the occasional lag but no where near the level I was getting it previously. This and looking at player cards locks you should be added to the OP.

And this is my problem with their crappy league play. Not only is it going to have a tiny user base but with it separating people by skill instead of connection is going to lead to a shitload of bad connections me thinks.

The zombie musical easter egg song would be the same one that plays in the Plaza club lol.

I guess music in 2025 will be a skrillex revolution or somethin.

There's league play for competitive stuff, everything unlocked right at the start.

That's a good first step, but I'd love to be able to test out a bunch of different builds before jumping into league blindly.

I think it's a shame that people need fillable bars to force them to try new builds and weapons. Gamers like me have to be annoyed as a result.

GAMERG0D

So at the end of the third mission
I would assume if you didn't thoroughly interrogate Kravchenko it would cause a different timeline?

Sojgat

A player shouldn't be forced into anything. If anything, the unlock system actively discourages experimentation. First, you can't even unlock everything unless you spend 150 hours in the game. So the whole mix-and-match benefits of Pick Ten are immediately gimped.

Second, if I've leveled up two ARs, say the MTAR and the AK, enough to unlock the attachments, I might say, "Hey, I want to try the SCAR with the silencer." If that's not available to me, I'm not going to spend another 4 hours just to test out a new rifle and attachment.

I don't care about filling bars. If all weapons, perks, and gear were available to me immediately, I'd experiment more. I wouldn't neglect 90% of the weapons in the game like I am forced to now. It's not worth being at a disadvantage and grinding weapons to get what you want. Not everyone has 200 hours to play CoD to try out the builds they want.

In a perfect world, you can fill bars for goofy aesthetic stuff, but competitive, gameplay-affecting features would be available immediately.

I am going to spend another 4 hours messing around with a gun I would otherwise not use, just to unlock that attachment though. I'n BF3 you find some guns are ignored just because people haven't found the right combination that makes the weapon sing. They catch on when they get killed by it 50 times then everybody starts using it (then Dice rebalance it, sigh), and you find something else to play with. I understand your point of view as well though, I hate having to unlock stuff in Halo 4.

Jack_AG

Banned
This whole game was pedigreed for smg users.
Switched to Vector, Red Dot+Grip I go 29-3, 32-6 my first 2 games with it. To be fair I think I only hipfired maybe 3 guys - domination I kept my distance but that damn gun shoots like a fucking laser pointer and has enough damage at range to take fuckers out.

I also called in a Swarm my second match so that was worth about 9 kills by itself. Whoda thunk an SMG with Dot+Grip at range shoots straighter than when I run with my 27? Far more easier to control than an AR.

Worst part about the game so far is spawning and getting killed after 2 steps..

My favorite so far was watching the killcam where I visibly spawned right infront of a shotgun user on the other team. Like right infront. Even he was puzzled for a second, according to the cam.

Man, I can't kill squat with the dragonfire anymore. It used to kill really fast (and still does in local games) but now online bullets have next to no effect for me. What the hell happened? I even just stat there firing directly into a guy who was standing still and nothing!

Linkhero1

I swear to God I'm never buying another fucking Activision game if those asshats at Treyarch don't patch this shit up. Had several matches that were laggy as hell. Every single encounter I was destroyed. I've never been as frustrated with a CoD game as much as I have with this game. Holy shit Treyarch.

aku:jiki

I swear to God I'm never buying another fucking Activision game if those asshats at Treyarch don't patch this shit up. Had several matches that were laggy as hell. Every single encounter I was destroyed. I've never been as frustrated with a CoD game as much as I have with this game. Holy shit Treyarch.
My friends who stuck with MW3 insist that a fairly recent (september or so) patch improved the netcode, so there is hope that Treyarch has already seen that code and have it ready for a patch in the near future.

But I really don't know why they're not being transparent with what's going on with the netcode and letting us know. I mean, we get it; Activision isn't going to give them a budget to write a totally new netcode after they approved the money spent on this one, but what are they afraid of? That if they acknowledge the severe problems, the community will notice and not buy next year's edition? I would think the community notices by playing the damn game!

Mikey Jr.

Anyone have PS3 patch notes?

Did they fix that fucking thing that constantly said that it was waiting for more players even though it was full?

Any tips on how to get those scorestreaks? Lol. I am struggling to make it that far. The highest I've went was to the Dogs.

1)Well first of all Hardline makes them a lot less.
It makes Swarm go from 1700 score to 1360 score.

2)Using Orbital VSAT as one of your killstreaks gets you 60 seconds of knowing exactly where the enemy is, which should help you get to your swarn. Also, the VSAT gets a lot of assists for when your teammates kill people and that should easily add up to 100 or 200 score.

3) Planting the bomb in demolition is 500 score. 200 for the plant and 300 more for the destroy, so that leaves you with only 860 score needed, which is 8 simple kills and with the vsat assists, probably only 6 or 7 kills.

If you start on defense first, you can save ur score until the next round and rush plant a bomb for the bonus 500 and you usually encounter a person near the bomb for 125 score when you kill him.

EDIT: Actually another demolition tip is that if you see somebody planting, let them plant, then kill them, and defuse immediately after. It adds up to 325 score, rather than killing him while he is planting, which is 175 score, so it's practically double.

Those are the only tips I have lol.

EDIT #2: Got confused with the scorestreak #. 1700 is dogs and 1900 is swarm, and with hardline swarm is actually 1520 score.

Indeed it is. When I hit Prestige 3, I'm planning on using a permanent unlock token on it and that should be later tonight :D

I'm still deciding what to use my token on, but I'm sticking at 55 for a while to try out some of these higher level weapons.
Any tips on how to get those scorestreaks? Lol. I am struggling to make it that far. The highest I've went was to the Dogs.

uav spam, blackbird, and some luck lol.

edit:eek:r what rangers just said :)

ecurbj

Switched to Vector, Red Dot+Grip I go 29-3, 32-6 my first 2 games with it. To be fair I think I only hipfired maybe 3 guys - domination I kept my distance but that damn gun shoots like a fucking laser pointer and has enough damage at range to take fuckers out.

I also called in a Swarm my second match so that was worth about 9 kills by itself. Whoda thunk an SMG with Dot+Grip at range shoots straighter than when I run with my 27? Far more easier to control than an AR.
I just started playing the game (360 version that is). I will definitely try out this configuration. I like the game so far. Very arcade feeling.

I'm still deciding what to use my token on, but I'm sticking at 55 for a while to try out some of these higher level weapons.

Yeah i figured i'd unlock all the high lvl stuff with my tokens because i'll get to the low lvl stuff very quickly.

Ghost was my first unlock and I plan on unlocking swarm and dogs in the near future because I'll never really be able to use them because of the high lvl unlock. I also will probably unlock the AN-94 for the same reason because I'll never have time to use it. I played 1 game as a lvl 55 last prestige lol.

Also if you ever go online tonite, send me a message and you can join the party i'm playing with if you want. I don't know if the connection will drive you crazy again or what. I should be on from 9:15pm ET til like 6am when the bagel store opens haha

purg3

slept with Malkin
about lvl 42 right now and the Type 25 and FAL and basically my go to guns. Although might just be exclusive FAL now after unlocking the fire select attachment. That gun on full auto is so fucking ace. Anyone whose hit 55, do any of the other rifles top this?

about lvl 42 right now and the Type 25 and FAL and basically my go to guns. Although might just be exclusive FAL now after unlocking the fire select attachment. That gun on full auto is so fucking ace. Anyone whose hit 55, do any of the other rifles top this?

Well this a submachine gun game for now and I prefer the PDW. MSMC is really good too.
FAL is the assault rifle I use though when playing maps like Turbine. Or actually I only use it on Turbine lol. Occasionally overflow i guess too.

FroJay

Banned
Going through the single player on Vet and I'm about halfway through, really liking this so far compared to the rest in the series. This one has much more variety and flow to it. Good stuff.

Sojgat

SMR, but it has a lot of recoil on full auto.

HiiiLife

Personally I've been doing damn good with the silenced M8.

Kyoufu

Yeah the AN-94 is better. Higher rate of fire is crucial against spray and pray douchebags that strafe really quickly. Oh and you don't have to waste an attachment slot on Select Fire so you can use a grip or something instead.

eek5

AN-94 is really good. Requires one less point than FAL w/ SF too.

Wasn't a huge fan of the M8.

Everything feels half assed in this game. I can't continue the single player as my horse keeps falling through the ground, the MP crashes on me every few rounds and is LOLworthy, and zombies is a half assed L4D wannabe. Fuck this game, and fuck you Trearch.

eek5

Everything feels half assed in this game. I can't continue the single player as my horse keeps falling through the ground, the MP crashes on me every few rounds and is LOLworthy, and zombies is a half assed L4D wannabe. Fuck this game, and fuck you Trearch.

Thought you already went back to BF, lol

I can't finish the horse mission since my mount keeps falling through the ground or getting stuck.

Fuck this budgetware looking piece of shit. Going back to BF.

Everyone is using Best Search Parameters right? Found out about it yesterday and the difference is night and day. Still get the occasional lag but no where near the level I was getting it previously. This and looking at player cards locks you should be added to the OP.

where is that found?

CTE

You already said you were done with it back on page 40-something didn't you? Just trade it in while it has max value and buy something else already.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can't say I know what to unlock with prestige, Ghost was the main choice but knowing it is not so great now, I don't know, the AN-94 seems really sweet, but who knows.

My friends who stuck with MW3 insist that a fairly recent (september or so) patch improved the netcode, so there is hope that Treyarch has already seen that code and have it ready for a patch in the near future.

But I really don't know why they're not being transparent with what's going on with the netcode and letting us know. I mean, we get it; Activision isn't going to give them a budget to write a totally new netcode after they approved the money spent on this one, but what are they afraid of? That if they acknowledge the severe problems, the community will notice and not buy next year's edition? I would think the community notices by playing the damn game!

MW3 definitely got better as the patches came out, I also had a terrible time with MW3 when it launched but I would take MW3 again over this nonsense. I don't understand how this is all happening again when they managed to sort it out mostly in MW3 already.

butts

Traded it in already. Was having basically no fun at all. I will definitely pick it back up again if they can fix the connection issues and the spawning issues, but at this point the frustration was too much. Really disappointed because I am definitely in the mood for some mindless COD fun but I was about to have an aneurysm.

Top Bottom