• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Shady859

Gonna look for that best game thing now, haven't seen it yet. My game of the night is 69-15 the very first time I unlocked dogs I got them that round. Prestiged lost all my toys and now I pissed till I get my FAL back, I hate prestiging. You don't lose any of your gun attachments or skins I was happy about that as I just need a R2-D2 drone kill to unlock gold cammo on the FHJ AA launcher. :)

Fantasmo

You already said you were done with it back on page 40-something didn't you? Just trade it in while it has max value and buy something else already.

Obviously he doesn't hate the game, he hates that the game is broken, which is the devs' fault, not his, and a shitty way to have to suffer through a double xp weekend.

The more important point here is that when a man needs to rage, let the man rage.

I actually just quit mid-game, and left my FL teamates. Hated doing it, but I was getting no hitmarkers whatsoever with a 1/2 clip unloaded into an enemy's chest.
Playing on Xbox Live, good Comcast connection.

There's sooooo much aim assists, and they are cranked up soooo high, it's borderline aimbot.
It's easily the most auto-aimed CoD yet. Half the people are running around with SMGs hip firing with Extreme Conditioning, laying waste. The other half are quick-scoping with their snipers. Game is absolutely f'in BROKE now.

I loved Black Ops, didn't care much for MW3. I'm so disappointed to say that Black Ops2 is even less fun for me than MW3, because I was really looking forward to this game.
I swear, I thought I read something that said that Hardcore Modes wouldn't have noobtubes or RPGs in them...yet here they are.
I think Hardcore shouldn't be about 1-hit kills or lack of crosshair, but about minimal aim assists in a Bare Bones style gametype. Add skill-based aspects - more recoil, no camping prone position, dedicated servers, and ditch all lag comp.

Game is so infuriating. No consistency whatsoever. I guess that's what you get, when you are using a P2P system with lag comp. I'm actually thinking about finding out how to throttle my own connection to stay competitive. Anyone got any tutorial links? Yea, it's come to this sad conclusion. :(

zeelman

^^^^ Actually, COD games on the consoles use what is called a Listen Server. The server "listens" for what it considers to be the best connection to host the game. For some reason after COD4, they didn't bother to make detect when the host ragequits, so games will end suddenly. Unfortunately, the people who get host tend to have really good connections, and the lag compensation in this and MW3 massively overcompensates, putting players with good connections at a massive disadvantage. Lag compensation is supposed to even the playing field, not punish people.

Unsurprisingly, Engineer is quickly becoming the must-have perk.

Its like Black Ops in that respect. If you didn't run Hacker, it was a good idea to run Flak Jacket. Engineer is amazing with the Black Hat PDA, though. I love hacking stuff.

DoomGyver

I was playing SnD earlier and the enemy put down a BB and planted the bomb. My teammate watched him, hacked his BB and when the enemy got up from planting.. BOOM. lols were had.

"Hacker!" he said. And we were like, well yeah he is.

CTE

Steam copy :(

Oh I see. Shitty deal then. One thing about PC gaming I hate. Especially when you go and pay full or almost full price instead of waiting on Steam sales or the like.

Obviously he doesn't hate the game, he hates that the game is broken, which is the devs' fault, not his, and a shitty way to have to suffer through a double xp weekend.

The more important point here is that when a man needs to rage, let the man rage.

Judging from his post I'm guessing he would trade it in if it wasn't a PC copy. I almost bought it on PC since mine would crush the game, but I'm not a huge COD fan so I got it on 360 for less than 20 bucks with some trade in on a few old games.

Hell, I would trade him if I could since I'm having way more fun than I thought I would with this sequel. That way he could take my 360 copy and get something he enjoys.

Magik

Anyone have PS3 patch notes?

Did they fix that fucking thing that constantly said that it was waiting for more players even though it was full?

Its still present, at least on my side it is.

Oh, just got another hard lock on a loading screen. This is getting out of hand.

Very frustrating at the moment.

Nabs

I'm having too much fun messing around in the Nuketown playlist...

Has Kill Confirmed always been 100 tags? I like it.

I was playing SnD earlier and the enemy put down a BB and planted the bomb. My teammate watched him, hacked his BB and when the enemy got up from planting.. BOOM. lols were had.

"Hacker!" he said. And we were like, well yeah he is.

Haha. With the Black Hat?

When you hack killstreaks does it take them over like that also? or does it just destroy them?

zeelman

While this will likely just turn out to be empty promises, Vonderhaar has promised to nerf and buff perks according to how over/underused they are in gameplay from telemetrics. Wonder if this is stuff that can be done via hotfixes rather than title updates.

I hate to nitpick, but he's not promising anything with that tweet. Saying they will nerf and buff things as needed is no guarantee that they actually will.

I used 1 token on the AN-94 then my 2nd token on Ghost. Will probably use my 3rd on either Scavenger or the Ballista (really want to play with the iron sights).

The Assault Shield has let me down. It's no better than the previous riot shields.

Close to getting Gold on the Vector. My favorite SMG at the moment.

Will start using the shotguns some more. They could do some serious damage.

Makoto

So League seems like a massive failure on PC. Less than 200 people playing Moshpit League. Matches take longer to find than the typical core playlists. People leave in the middle of matches. Add to this, livestreaming is only available on League. League and livestreaming were the features that made me purchase Black Ops 2 and they all suck on the platform. lol.
Its like Black Ops in that respect. If you didn't run Hacker, it was a good idea to run Flak Jacket. Engineer is amazing with the Black Hat PDA, though. I love hacking stuff.
Yeah, Flak Jacket was one of my most used perks. Engineer though, I just have to use it because Shock Charges aren't as easy to see as claymores were back in the first BO.

zychi

Banned
the largest money making franchise in video game history, and they cant even give us servers.

explain to me again why we pay for xbox live?
explain to me again why a game with a budget and a profit like COD can't even get its online multiplayer ready for release?

i guess i'm going back to halo 4, which has its own issues, but at least it doesnt PUNISH people with better connections.

so frustrating as I loved BO1

UFRA

The PS3 version freezes scare me a bit since every time I restart it then has to check the file system for corruption. :/

harrytang

dont think im making this up, but on 360 at least im pretty sure it takes a least a week for whatever system they use to build up proper stats on users connections for the system to choose best host.

i know this is the case on halo games, and every time they reset that shit the games get fucked up for approx a week. currently for blops 2 im getting a ton of shitty disconnects and lag, but hoping it gets a little better as time goes on with people just playing. made sure to make the change to "best" for matchmaking in the meantime.

ironcreed

Banned
Just tried multiplayer on the 360 for a bit. It's got some jippity jumpity lag going on and I am not too fond of the maps so far. Campaign is great, zombies is awesome, but I'll be spending more time with Halo 4 on multiplayer. Much smoother and a more enjoyable experience for me.

Makoto

Played a 2-bar match on PC. Shot a single bullet into a player and the hit marker didn't show up until he went around a corner and was out of sight. Amazing.

zeelman

So League seems like a massive failure on PC. Less than 200 people playing Moshpit League. Matches take longer to find than the typical core playlists. People leave in the middle of matches. Add to this, livestreaming is only available on League. League and livestreaming were the features that made me purchase Black Ops 2 and they all suck on the platform. lol.

Yeah, Flak Jacket was one of my most used perks. Engineer though, I just have to use it because Shock Charges aren't as easy to see as claymores were back in the first BO.

Shock Charges barely phase you if you run Tac Mask.

ShogunX

Are the player videos broken for anyone else?

I take a look at my previous games and it tells me I have losses in matches we won and my score and K/D is wrong. Some videos that I scroll over kick me back to the main menu.

Weird and annoying.

Katori

Are the player videos broken for anyone else?

I take a look at my previous games and it tells me I have losses in matches we won and my score and K/D is wrong. Some videos that I scroll over kick me back to the main menu.

Weird and annoying.
Yeah...that's it...the glitch is the reason why my KD's wrong!

Deadbeat

Banned
Played a 2-bar match on PC. Shot a single bullet into a player and the hit marker didn't show up until he went around a corner and was out of sight. Amazing.
Im betting they gimped the dedicated servers to host more matches per cluster. Much like blops 1 on release.

Just finished the campaign. That was awesome. I really liked it. I see Treyarch has just gone for full cutscenes now, which I kinda like. Liked the characters too, and MENENDEZ! was great. I got the best ending, which is awesome.

Though there's a couple of story holes that need some explanation. The post-credits scene was hilarious though.

Well, the PS3 patch sure as hell didn't fix the freezing.

I swear, this game is like some kind of psychological test to see how much abuse we can take before we stop cramming money down their throats. I don't like being a case study Treyarch :(

Yeah the AN-94 is better. Higher rate of fire is crucial against spray and pray douchebags that strafe really quickly. Oh and you don't have to waste an attachment slot on Select Fire so you can use a grip or something instead.

Meh. I was playing around with the AN-94 in local and I really like it. I'm trying to level up the FAL now to get the full auto, but I think I wasted a precious unlock token on it. I'll never use it once I get to the AN-94. God, I hate this token stuff.

the largest money making franchise in video game history, and they cant even give us servers.

explain to me again why we pay for xbox live?
explain to me again why a game with a budget and a profit like COD can't even get its online multiplayer ready for release?

i guess i'm going back to halo 4, which has its own issues, but at least it doesnt PUNISH people with better connections.

so frustrating as I loved BO1
yeah when you put it that way...fuck this game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered it for PS3. Now I'm starting to doubt if I should have done that. Dammit. Hopefully zombies do work.

U2NUMB

Just spent 6 hours with a group of old friends.. we played the hell out of Blops 1 and then all transitioned to BF3.. We were winning by 30+ kills in each game yet if you were listening in you would think we hated this game.

It is full of so many horrible things... Not sure how long we will punish our self with this. Had such high hopes but 25 hours online have really broken my desire to take the punishment which comes while playing this game online.

Card Boy

Banned
I wonder if we will get a free map for Black Ops 2? I'm surprised Activision gave us Terminal for free in MW3 and Makin Day for W@W.

Sanic

I wish there was a way to look at some hard data on these supposed networking issues. The networking code has to be pretty stagnant year over year at this point, and I feel like we have these complaints about every major release all the time.

Unfortunate you guys are having issues though, and I hope things are sorted out.

DRE Fei

SMG rushing with lightweight and dexterity seems like the strongest setup in this game at the moment. The hipfire is so good that they just dominate everything on these small maps. I've been using nothing but MP7/PDW since day one and I only play kill confirmed, so I'm not sure what the other modes are like right now.

This is the first COD that I've barely touched the assault rifles. I can't really find a place for them. My character just feels slower compared to the SMG class and I'd rather use the DSR-50 for long range.

geekamania

Neo Member
I'd give lots & lots of dollars if they'd dump every map from the previous games into one game. You hear me Activision? LOTS OF DOLLARS.

alterno69

Banned
SMG rushing with lightweight and dexterity seems like the strongest setup in this game at the moment. The hipfire is so good that they just dominate everything on these small maps. I've been using nothing but MP7/PDW since day one and I only play kill confirmed, so I'm not sure what the other modes are like right now.

This is the first COD that I've barely touched the assault rifles. I can't really find a place for them. My character just feels slower compared to the SMG class and I'd rather use the DSR-50 for long range.
I love my PDW but i don't run and gun, i move slowly through the enviroment and tame my time going room to room and waiting for my prey, i always do bad when rushing through the maps.

Top Bottom