• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

paskowitz

Had a domination match today where I went 53-10. The FAL is just disgustingly good. It also helped getting 3 Lightning Strikes and a Dragonfire. Next goal is to get to 75 kills.

njean777

I wish there was a way to look at some hard data on these supposed networking issues. The networking code has to be pretty stagnant year over year at this point, and I feel like we have these complaints about every major release all the time.

Unfortunate you guys are having issues though, and I hope things are sorted out.

They had this same problem with MW3 and eventually fixed it after a couple of patches, there is no excuse to have the same problem in Black Ops 2. There is no reason I should be going 12-30 when in MW3 I go 30-12 in almost every match (not those exact numbers, but you get it). I have a 6mb connection, which is decent compared to most of the united states and I get rocked almost every match in BO2, but not in MW3 (after patches).

Danny-Boy

WTF is the 1.03 patch for? My PS3 crashed during a simple exit of the menu, and then after a system check, I managed around 20 games before another crash while I was getting shot.

So, this season pass... What are the chances it will be 4 packs of actual MP maps? I have a feeling like they'll try to sneak in an all zombie map pack, which if you don't care for that kind of thing will end up making it not such a hot deal after all.

You know what would be a great score streak? One that would let me reach through the TV and strangle the life out of these fucking camping pieces of shit.

Mr. Robot

I'm getting my wii u in an hour. After the update I'll have blops impressions for you guys.

Would be very much appreciated, can you check if 2 players can go online at the same time? and if you have 4 wiimotes, can you check if theres 5 player multi, i guess not but you never know...

Shady859

Is there a point to prestige-ing a weapon?

I just watched a youtube video to see the exact same thing. My FAL is ready to prestige but I was scared to press the button I figured you'd lose all the attachments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SbCBCXCbOI

I'm not gonna do it yet just unlocked it after prestiging my character earlier and oh how i've missed you! The extra XP rewards for all the attachments and a picture of your penis < having all the attachments.

I'm getting my wii u in an hour. After the update I'll have blops impressions for you guys.

Congrats and hope you have fun with it! I'm interested in hearing how it is even though i'm not getting a Wii U.

You know what would be a great score streak? One that would let me reach through the TV and strangle the life out of these fucking camping pieces of shit.

LITERALLY lol

tatsuki

It's a good thing they made the warthog so it doesn't get you kicked from hardcore matches. That thing doesn't care who's in it's path.

Why can't I hear their footsteps? They don't have Dead Silence on either. Is everyone wearing socks in Call of Duty?

They really need to fix this.

Didn't black ops have this problem too at first?

Danny-Boy said:
WTF is the 1.03 patch for? My PS3 crashed during a simple exit of the menu, and then after a system check, I managed around 20 games before another crash while I was getting shot.

Supposedly the blurry soft look. But to me the blur is still there. After more testing it seems it's improved a little, but deleting 1.03 still shows a larg improvement in clarity.

JHall

Connect to wi-fi.

Run through everyone on the map and hear the rage that ensues.

Profit.

Lag compensation is such bullshit

spk

The netcode in this game makes me feel like I'm playing in 1999. It makes kill cams ridiculous. No one should have a kill cam showing an enemy in their sight that clearly wasn't there when they were alive. Many times it wont even show me shooting, in worse cases I won't even be facing the right direction in enemy POV. End of the round clips will have a teammate staring at an enemy and dying, when before death they fired as soon as they came into LOS

I like SnD the best but the openness of the maps combined with the lag and lack of footsteps makes it a pain to play. I get tired of 10 minute matches personally, I think the game could be better with less chaos, a slightly slower pace, and more structure to the maps and spawns.

If they had lowered the weapon rank required on AR to unlock a supressor, there wouldnt be all these SMGs. You can get a supressor on a SMG in 2 or 3 games.

Zareth

I was wondering, to unlock all weapons scorestreaks items perks ect. do you have to prestige? because getting lvl55 doesnt seem to give you enough tokens to unlock everything.

I was wondering, to unlock all weapons scorestreaks items perks ect. do you have to prestige? because getting lvl55 doesnt seem to give you enough tokens to unlock everything.

Either plan on making it to Prestige 10 where everything is unlocked or plan ahead of time how to spend your 65 tokens.

Lame system.

Jack_AG

Banned
Question - how does one camp with random spawns? Or are they memorizing the spawn locations and waiting? I haven't run into a camper yet. If a dude is chilling in one spot - you should know there are approximately 3720 ways of flanking him thanks to the map design.

There are so many sneaky ways to hit people defending an area that I don't think true "camping" even exists anymore outside of memorizing spawns - not to mention defending a base/plant/etc isnt camping (you expect them to give it up easy?) and with so many UAVs - how does one actually sit still long enough?

LQX

Finally got some good MP in tonight on the PC. Love it. And I don't care what anyone says, this is one the best looking multiplayer games ever. Looks amazing PC. It is just so visually pleasing.

eek5

Dude watch out.. If you play hijacked TDM make sure the other team can't rush into the bottom and just hold it. Just ran into that. Lamest match I've ever played =(

So, this season pass... What are the chances it will be 4 packs of actual MP maps? I have a feeling like they'll try to sneak in an all zombie map pack, which if you don't care for that kind of thing will end up making it not such a hot deal after all.

I'm holding off from paying up just yet untill they fix the network issues.

They don't deserve my money.

Static scorestreaks lasting until they're destroyed is great at this point of the game. Especially Domination. Earn a sentry gun in the first round, placed it to overlook B the second round and it never died. Black Hat + Engineering. Its saves lives.

Top Bottom