• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

eek5

Static scorestreaks lasting until they're destroyed is great at this point of the game. Especially Domination. Earn a sentry gun in the first round, placed it to overlook B the second round and it never died. Black Hat + Engineering. Its saves lives.

Yeah makes those score streaks well worth it now... until people figure out how good black hat is.

iNvid02

Dude watch out.. If you play hijacked TDM make sure the other team can't rush into the bottom and just hold it. Just ran into that. Lamest match I've ever played =(

ya some guy just sat down outside the corridor shooting anyone who dropped down - and people seem to do this at elast 3-4 times before getting the message, so he racked up a lotta kills.

i managed to get him on my 2nd attempt by laying down some smoke, and firing an RPG at him

sunofbitch
KuGsj.gif

Started using the BlackHat PDA with Engineer and it's such a great equipment. However, can you not hack guardians or sentry guns? I tried to hack a Guardian but nothing happened.

eek5

ya some guy just sat down outside the corridor shooting anyone who dropped down - and people seem to do this at elast 3-4 times before getting the message, so he racked up a lotta kills.

i managed to get him on my 2nd attempt by laying down some smoke, and firing an RPG at him

sunofbitch
KuGsj.gif

Well in my match the ENTIRE team went down there. We couldn't push them out. It was a clusterfuck of betties, shock charges, tac insertions.. worst match ever

Sethos

Banned
Man, it's so good to have Ghost in S&D from level 1 - People rely on the damn UAV in this one with all the rushing that you can get some sweet kills by going around them.

Just wanted to add that 99% of the problems are resolved for me on PS3 after the 1.03 patch - no more vaseline blur, freezing or lobbies stuck at 'waiting for more players.' The only thing they need to address now is the atrocious lag compensation. Changing search preference to 'best' works well and I find I'm pretty much always the host, but I have a feeling it's only because the majority of players still have their shit set to 'any.'

Lag compensation definitely caters to those with a poor connection. My connection is normally 50Mbps but was encountering some bandwidth problem today. When I did a speedtest it took about 10 minutes to even load, and the results came back as 200kbps down. Just for shits and giggles I tried to play online and wow - it worked pretty god damn well. I was blatantly teleporting all over the place and absolutely no one could touch me in a 1v1 or even 2-3v1. My killcams were comical as I ran circles around people. The amount of hatemail containing racial slurs I received over PM was hilarious; all bitching about my red connection.

Has anyone done any testing with ghost to see just how effective it is in terms of movement? Do you have to be sprinting for it to work, or could someone potentially abuse it by running in a small circle?

Sethos

Banned
By the way, sometimes I am lucky and people who really suck get up behind me :p Love when people just want to knife you. ( 360 )

iqWE3gru4keTn.gif

mxgt

Banned
I like having Ghost from the offset now. Now I can carry a shotty as secondary instead of being the only person on my team to actually use a launcher.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
By the way, sometimes I am lucky and people who really suck get up behind me :p Love when people just want to knife you. ( 360 )

http://i.minus.com/iqWE3gru4keTn.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

First guy was probably me. I get turned more in the average blops 2 game than I did in all MW3.

Nome

Finally got some good MP in tonight on the PC. Love it. And I don't care what anyone says, this is one the best looking multiplayer games ever. Looks amazing PC. It is just so visually pleasing.
Makes me sad that the single player looks SO much better. Nicer textures, more open levels, more foliage, etc. They really had to lower the MP quality for consoles.

.nimrod

I'm losing every 1-on-1 encounter this weekend, no matter what weapon/perk combo i choose. I'm lucky if i get 2 hitmarkers from 15 bullets i put on target now :/

So it looks like ghost will hide you by simply moving back and forth. Here's a pretty good breakdown on what does/doesn't work with ghost.

Your icon on the minimap also turns transparent when you're fast enough.

Mafro

Fal is beastly. Get in while the getting is good gentle people.
The amount of times I've forgotten to switch from semi-auto to automatic fire at the start of a round -_-

Fantastic gun though. I can see myself just sticking with this AR if none of the other later ones are substantially better.

I am amazed by this game's campaign.

The myriad of small changes that happen to the story actually warrant multiple playthroughs, and that is something I always missed in not only COD but in a lot of other shooters as well. This one actually makes me feel I am in the middle of things, instead of just playing a movie.

The amount of times I've forgotten to switch from semi-auto to automatic fire at the start of a round -_-

Fantastic gun though. I can see myself just sticking with this AR if none of the other later ones are substantially better.

That is the first thing I do when playing with the FAL, switch to full auto. I've been playing on nuke town just to get my prestige up with the gun. Going from fully auto down to single shot is disheartening but it's still fun to use and almost unparalleled at medium range, which coincidentally enough, is the maximum range of every map on BO2.

Edit: my load out with the FAL

-red dot
-select fire
-bouncing Betty
-black hat/shock charge(match depending)
-guardian
-sentry gun
-scavenger
-hard line
-engineer
-FHJ-18AA

I consistently pull 1.7 k/d on matches if not more. I think it'll be nerfed in the future as this set up is pretty overpowered, but as it is right now, I'll use it.

This has been my default gun since I unlocked it. On my second prestige with it.
I use 3 attatchements to help make it beastly - the one to bring up your aim faster, the selector switch, and the FMJ for even more damage.
I enjoy that "click" at the beginning of a match to switch to fully automatic fire (and yea I've died a handful of times too, forgetting to switch it.)

I want that Ronin camo style.

I got killed by my own Hunter Killer. It set off after a UAV, which I shot down with my FJH-18AA, and it just turned around and came straight for me.

Shadybiz

There are so many sneaky ways to hit people defending an area that I don't think true "camping" even exists anymore outside of memorizing spawns - not to mention defending a base/plant/etc isnt camping (you expect them to give it up easy?) and with so many UAVs - how does one actually sit still long enough?

I feel the same way; I don't think camping has truly existed in years. If someone does attempt it, they are usually dealt with pretty quickly.

In other news, sometimes when I pop into a building for just a moment, and shoot someone from the window, I get accused of camping. mm'kay.

Just wanted to add that 99% of the problems are resolved for me on PS3 after the 1.03 patch - no more vaseline blur, freezing or lobbies stuck at 'waiting for more players.'

Awesome, thanks, will test it out for myself in a bit.

What I have found works really well is just using a Tac-45 with 2 attachments (long barrel and FMJ). I also use a Black Hat and 2 #3 perks. Have been doing even better with this than I was with the MP7. I hate myself a little bit for playing this way, but it's working out really well!

Is there any reason to prestige more than once?
I see lots more 'faceplates' that are up for grabs after I prestiged the first time.
I don't think I need more than 6 setup slots.
Will I have all the tokens I need to unlock everything once I max out prestige lvl 1?

aku:jiki

74u got a nerf. I think the Famas may have.

Both remained popular.
They didn't get nerfed, they got slight tweaks that didn't do shit.

So it looks like ghost will hide you by simply moving back and forth. Here's a pretty good breakdown on what does/doesn't work with ghost.
So they wanted to discourage camping, fucked that up and instead discourage more legit usage of Ghost? Yup, sounds like a Vonderhaar Game™ all right.

omg at the Wii U version with the Wiimote..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoE2uoFF26w

amazing

Me and my xim3 on Xbox360 would destroy this guy. That said, if I had a regular 360 controller this guy would probably mop the floor with me as the pointer set up is much more responsive than twin sticks. BUT, the auto aim in this game drastically effects the way you aim and dies a good job of putting most people on an even playing field. As it stands, m/kb on 360 is the absolute most superior way to play the game.

Malvingt2

Me and my xim3 on Xbox360 would destroy this guy. That said, if I had a regular 360 controller this guy would probably mop the floor with me as the pointer set up is much more responsive than twin sticks. BUT, the auto aim in this game drastically effects the way you aim and dies a good job of putting most people on an even playing field. As it stands, m/kb on 360 is the absolute most superior way to play the game.
ok....

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WiiU must have a powerful GPU to support both screens at 720p (lower framebuffer for gamepad I think) and 60FPS at full effect. Nice

BadTaste

Speaking of which... is Xim3 as smooth as using a KB & Mouse on PC to play CoD?

I'm using Eagle Eye on PS3, but it's not as smooth, close though.

WiiU must have a powerful GPU to support both screens at 720p (lower framebuffer for gamepad I think) and 60FPS at full effect. Nice

Gamepad is not 720p and we still don't know the native resolution of Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. There also could be things like reduced details when playing with two players on the same console, like many games with 3D output have. We don't know yet.

omg at the Wii U version with the Wiimote..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoE2uoFF26w

amazing

Is he playing against bots? I don't know if it's the controls or him, but he wouldn't stand a chance playing like this against good players with normal controllers.

Malvingt2

Gemüsepizza;44471423 said:
Gamepad is not 720p and we still don't know the native resolution of Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. There also could be things like reduced details when playing with two players on the same console, like many games with 3D output have. We don't know yet.

Is he playing against bots? I don't know if it's the controls or him, but he wouldn't stand a chance playing like this against good players on a normal controller.

yeah bots. He clearly said no MP online yet..

EDarkness

Gemüsepizza;44471423 said:
Is he playing against bots? I don't know if it's the controls or him, but he wouldn't stand a chance playing like this against good players on a normal controller.

He's playing against bots. He even says so in the video. I think he even mentions that there weren't any other people online at the time, so he was just screwing around with the training mode or whatever it's called. Hopefully we'll see him run with real people once more people are playing

Top Bottom