• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

ecurbj

I was experiencing connection issues on the 360. I'm solid now. But for about 20 minutes me and my party kept getting kicked out of the lobby and games for no reason.

Any of you guys play mostly FFA? had quite a few moabs in mw3 and held a good k/d in that mode, now I'm lucky if I get a stealth chopper heh! FFA is crazy in this game. BTW I tried the deadsilence/awareness combo and you can hear footsteps at most up to 5 feet away with headphones. Those two perks are pretty useless.

Mikey Jr.

One question for PS3 owners, possibly others.

When I click the elite option on the main menu, it asks me if I want to download the elite application. I click the download option, then it takes me to the store which says "There are no items that you can purchase at this time".

What the fuck is that application?

One question for PS3 owners, possibly others.

When I click the elite option on the main menu, it asks me if I want to download the elite application. I click the download option, then it takes me to the store which says "There are no items that you can purchase at this time".

What the fuck is that application?

Launch the Elite app from the XMB and it should update with no issues.

JHall

I just prestiged and reset my stats. This game is so unplayable it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm waiting for a patch before I jump back into multiplayer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm stuck in the campaign. On the mission where you listen to Menendez, after
he lets you know he knows you're there, and tosses grenades in the water, all that - once you get the 2 CLAWs, I'm in control of the 2nd one (Maximus) on the roof and your pal runs to the jeep, and I can't do anything except shoot with the CLAW and no way to switch back to my actual character. Any ideas?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Its my favorite map at this point.

I think it's alright, it's better than most of the others.

I want to know if there is some game design book that tells these map designers that they need to create this long space directly in the middle of maps followed by little routes on the side. So the middle then becomes somewhat suicidle to run length ways due to Snipers or whoever else wants to pick people off and the outside is hogged by SMGs.

komaruR

The game
20121118193845.png

me ;(

How do you unlock everything? I just did my first prestige and lost all my unlocks ofc but also all of my tokens resetting them to 0 which once again won't get me any extra unlocks while I level.

Jack_AG

Banned
*shrugs....dunno have not had even one hint of lag and I'm level 35 with over 600 kills in team death match.
You must be playing the game tethered to your phone with an "Edge" connection.

HOLY SHIT THATS MY NEXT IDEA TO BEAST MYSELF! THROTTLE MY PHONE SPEED DOWN AND TETHER!

Dear Treyarch,
Next time can you put Zombies on Steam/XBL/PSN so I don't have to wade through the utter fucking garbage that is your MP and give you 60 bucks? I'd donate 10 bucks for Zombies.
Thanks,
Jack_AG

njean777

You must be playing the game tethered to your phone with an "Edge" connection.

HOLY SHIT THATS MY NEXT IDEA TO BEAST MYSELF! THROTTLE MY PHONE SPEED DOWN AND TETHER!

Dear Treyarch,
Next time can you put Zombies on Steam/XBL/PSN so I don't have to wade through the utter fucking garbage that is your MP and give you 60 bucks? I'd donate 10 bucks for Zombies.
Thanks,
Jack_AG

Try it and tell us what happens

So, i reset my stats and am now trying to unlock something post prestige. is that still an option when you select the reset option? All I have is 4 regular unlock tokens and that's it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Jeez, some crazy issues in the last game.

Ground War Domination, the host left the match for whatever reason, the game then decided to migrate hosts and each time the host got kicked off migrating once again until it left two of us on one team for the rest of the round and half the next against the whole other team.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ergh, not even worth playing tonight, has been shitty game after shitty game of getting killed in less than a second or wasting a magazine on a guy for him to just shoot me, this last game he was literally running right at me when I was unloading for me to just fall dead, frustrating to no end.

Jack_AG

Banned
ugh, If they added any more aim assist this would just be a snap to target shooter.

It pretty much does snap. I've been turned completely around by enemies literally running right by me.

It's always fun when you're booking it across an open area and watching your guy just turn towards a brick wall when there's an enemy behind it - or when you take aim on someone and another dude runs BEHIND the guy you are aiming at and your reticle just magically changes targets and follows him instead.

IS JUS AWSUM!

Jack_AG

Banned
Ergh, not even worth playing tonight, has been shitty game after shitty game of getting killed in less than a second or wasting a magazine on a guy for him to just shoot me, this last game he was literally running right at me when I was unloading for me to just fall dead, frustrating to no end.

I had to switch to a Vector to put up any kind of a fight. I came up on someone from behind around a corner who was crouched - literally 2 feet away I pump him starting with a full clip - he died when I had 3 rounds left.

Meanwhile, on my end, hit markers don't even register with me since I just die to what looks like 1 bullet. Every damn time.

Wii U version:

I was under the assumption that someone else could use the gamepad screen as a controller while I used the wii u controller that looks like a 360 controller. Is this not possible?

redhot_

It pretty much does snap. I've been turned completely around by enemies literally running right by me.

It's always fun when you're booking it across an open area and watching your guy just turn towards a brick wall when there's an enemy behind it - or when you take aim on someone and another dude runs BEHIND the guy you are aiming at and your reticle just magically changes targets and follows him instead.

IS JUS AWSUM!

My biggest issue after playing today was running into these little 12 y/o "quick scopers" getting dumb lucky.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I had to switch to a Vector to put up any kind of a fight. I came up on someone from behind around a corner who was crouched - literally 2 feet away I pump him starting with a full clip - he died when I had 3 rounds left.

Meanwhile, on my end, hit markers don't even register with me since I just die to what looks like 1 bullet. Every damn time.

I've been trying to move away from SMGs after I went prestige because I would personally prefer to use an AR, but there is almost no point most of the time when they can just walk into any room and spray and kill everyone.

fuenf

I've been trying to move away from SMGs after I went prestige because I would personally prefer to use an AR, but there is almost no point most of the time when they can just walk into any room and spray and kill everyone.

I think it depends on the map / playstyle: Turbine / Yemen / Carrier favor ARs. Drone, Raid, Overflow, Nuketown, Hijacked favor SMG's and it's a tossup on Aftermath, Standoff, Slums and Meltdown.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Try it and tell us what happens

Saw someone else on another forum say that running a bunch of web cam chats and DL stuff with BitTorrent actually improved his connection in the game.

Don't think it'll help me much tho. I just have a shitty connection.

I don't know if its just TDM, but I feel like the quick scopers are finally out in full force on PC. It really is a shitty feeling when that happens.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I think it depends on the map / playstyle: Turbine / Yemen / Carrier favor ARs. Drone, Raid, Overflow, Nuketown, Hijacked favor SMG's and it's a tossup on Aftermath, Standoff, Slums and Meltdown.

It was Turbine I had just come from which is why I was complaining, I usually run around with an AR just fine but was getting my ass handed to me to often to bother. Maybe it is just not a good night, but it is utterly annoying I can't play when I want unless I don't mind spending the match dying.

Top Bottom