• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Kyoufu

I've felt I've wasted the prestige unlock token on Ghost. I've only used it a handful of times but it seems to be the biggest waste of a perk slot since I've been doing just fine without it.

If you can do fine without it then that's ok but personally it has helped me get 2.0 and 3.0 KDR games in. People are so reliant on the UAV that they become easy prey.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Hey guys, any way to perm mute everyone on pc in this game? Hearing these half ass comments seem like a constant reminder that people as a whole just suck.

A perm mute would the best feature this game can have. Tired of always muting everyone and then someone jumps in and you can't mute...

LowParry

If you can do fine without it then that's ok but personally it has helped me get 2.0 and 3.0 KDR games in. People are so reliant on the UAV that they become easy prey.

I find myself being the counter uav spammer player where as the rest of the randoms on my team use uav's all the time. So it works. Oh and having the ability to keep using your Death Machine till it runs out of ammo is odd.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I honestly don't get why some of the weapons are exclusive to single player or Zombies. They have alot of the original Black Ops weapons in the Zombies mode.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/Zombies_Weapons

Noteable examples

AK74u
Galil
M14
M16A1
M1911
MP5
Olympia
Python
RPD
Barret M82A1

So thats at least 10 weapons more they could of added to the MP.

My guess is to not to deal with balancing or maybe its a planned dlc up the road..

Leveling up in this game is ridiculously quick with Double XP. I feel like I've hardly played at all and I'm almost at Level 30 already.

I can't really decide whether I prefer the MP7 or FAL at this point. Both serve different purposes, but both are quite good. Regardless, it's nice to have such quality weapons as relatively early unlocks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I honestly don't get why some of the weapons are exclusive to single player or Zombies. They have alot of the original Black Ops weapons in the Zombies mode.

Noteable examples

AK74u
Galil
M14
M16A1
M1911
MP5
Olympia
Python
RPD
Barret M82A1

I would have assumed that they didn't want to keep all those as they had designed more "futuristic" ones and I imagine most people online would go back to what they know along with having to sort out balancing with new weapons. Most of the new weapons essentially fill the same roles anyway and just seem like name and model changes.

Card Boy

Banned
I would have assumed that they didn't want to keep all those as they had designed more "futuristic" ones and I imagine most people online would go back to what they know along with having to sort out balancing with new weapons.

To be fair we are still using weapons to this day from the 1970's or in some cases WW2.

Most of the new weapons essentially fill the same roles anyway and just seem like name and model changes.

Exactly most but not all. But Black Ops 2 doesn't have weapons that feel or act like the Python, Olympia, RPD, AK74u, MP5 for example. I would of loved Dual Wielding some Pythons in this game.

edit: fuck double post.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
To be fair we are still using weapons to this day from the 1970's or in some cases WW2.

Exactly most but not all. But Black Ops 2 doesn't have weapons that feel or act like the Python, Olympia, RPD, AK74u, MP5 for example. I would of loved Dual Wielding some Pythons in this game.

edit: fuck double post.

I know we still use the same weapons and not all fill the same roles, but they probably wanted to give us something new otherwise there wouldn't be something overly futuristic about anything besides some fancy ui screens, lol.

SJRB

Gold Member
12/12 players in lobby, "waiting for more players to balance teams"

DyrUc.gif

Nome

Noteable examples

AK74u
Galil
M14
M16A1
M1911
MP5
Olympia
Python
RPD
Barret M82A1

10 more weapons you won't use because you're too busy abusing PDW, you mean? :p

Halcyon

The past 10 matches tonight have been really laggy and I'm at sort of a frustration point. Gonna play a round of zombies I guess.

Just reached level 8 in Wii U multiplayer. Impressions:

Wii U Specific:

- First, a bit of unexpected awesomeness. The Wii U pad. No, I'm not playing with it. But I have it on a stand on my coffee table. It displays the entire map (what your pause menu would usually show).

Now, I get an extra HUD, which actually helps. Rather than pausing, I can quickly glance at it to see where all my teammates are and, if there's a UAV, where my enemies are. The difference between glancing and pausing is the difference between getting shot or not. It's pretty cool, but I do have to get used to it being there. I was looking too long at the map and did get shot once.

- All the pointer control options you loved from Blops 1 are still in this.

- The game is moving really fluidly. No slowdowns. 60 fps. No people teleporting around from lag.

- I played 1 game where my pointer aiming was a little jittery. Not sure if it was the game's connection though, or if the problem was on my end (too high camera sensitivity, light coming in, etc.). It was only one game, but it's worth mentioning as I haven't played that much.

- I haven't been doing well, but I don't feel it's lag compensation. I think when I die, it's mostly my fault. Most guns feel weaker in this, so I put four hitmarkers into someone and they didn't die, but I think that's a Blops 2 thing, not a netcode thing. If it's a netcode thing, it feels uniform both when I get hit and when I hit others, so it evens out.

- Adding Friends to your Overall Wii U list is easier than Friend Codes but, at least for the General Wii U Friends' list, you don't get a notification that someone Friended you. You both need to enter in each others' Nintendo IDs, as opposed to one person enters and the other merely confirms. This is contrary to what I read prior, and it's kinda lame.

Overall Blops 2 impressions:

- Way too early for me to say this, but I already like the maps more than MW3. MW3 is a disastrous clutterfuck. This seems to have sightlines that make sense, and even on a small map like the ship, there's some verticality and places you can get campy and relax (a bit) if you want. Even though Treyarch wanted a faster pace, I feel the maps actually have a logic to them.

- That said, it's more fast-paced than Blops, so you have to think on your feet a lot. I've been hipfire sniped on kill cams with an SMG, so Hipfire plays into this HUGE. I hope hipfire gets slightly nerfed.

- GAWD, the UAVs! Early impressions were not kidding. Without Ghost/Assassin, the UAVs are coming in full force. I'm doing my best to shoot them down, but I've been killed a few times with my rockets out. Expect a lot of Pac-Men chasing dots.

- Spawns are decent. They could be better. I've only really spawned in front of someone once. I've been shot in the back a lot, but I'm not sure if that's the spawns, the constant UAVs, or the fast-pace of the game.

- Juries out on matchmaking. I got a bad match up once with highly ranked players (like over 10 :lol) all on one team, and the rest very newbies like myself. It hurt.

- As other console players have noted, I was a 1.8 KDR player on Blops, and now I'm sucking. But my game is very map-awareness-based, so I may just need to learn the maps more.

- And I'll add obligatory bitching about having to unlock stuff. :p But overall, I'm having a lot more fun at this point than I was with MW3.

ohlawd

2nd prestige now, lvl 17.

my gawd. I'm feeling exactly like I did with Black Ops 1. I was planning on playing most of my day away but I don't wanna look at the game right now >_>

njean777

How do I unlock ghost after prestiging? I prestiged, but cannot find the option to take it with me... Do I need to reach level 4 first?

My short impressions: it's basically the same COD experience you're getting on the HD twins sans nuke town. There's hardly anyone online right now. As far as the nunchuck + wiimote controls go they're definitely definitive over the gamepad. I tried going online with co-op while one person was on the gamepad while the other was on the full screen but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I was doing something wrong but it didn't say how to do it in the digital manual provided for the game. Something that I absolutely love is being able to solely play on the gamepad with headphones. It makes late night zombie sessions even better. One irk I have is that you can only access the consoles home menu through the campaign portal of the game. If you try to do it on either the zombie or multiplayer portal it won't let you unfortunately, which is stupid.

Nintendo

Good lord Hijacked is the absolute worst place for FFA. Slums is somewhat bearable compared to this crap. But the game just LOOOOOOOVES to drop me in to a game there.Also why do I have to wait ages just to unlock a suppressor for an AR? SMGs have that unlock pretty much from the get go. As if they didn't have enough advantages already...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God I hate playing at this time of night sometimes, get stuck in some really shitty games, the last one had two guys just running around with SMGs killing everyone, which isn't anything new except the game kept spawning me infront of their running around and gave me about a second to find and kill them before they killed me.

Just left in the end, this game can jump from an enjoyable experience to a downright frustrating punch a kitten annoying time, lol.

Mileena

Banned

Noteable examples

AK74u
Galil
M14
M16A1
M1911
MP5
Olympia
Python
RPD
Barret M82A1

MP5 (seemed like the CoD4 one) is in the game too!

Can you imagine these maps with 74u and MP5?

So I played about 2 hours of Blops2, lag, couldn't win a gun fight to save my life, barely went positive. Decided to put in MW3, just to see the difference. Man it felt so much better. Played for about 2 hours, no lag, no bullshit, constantly went 2:1 kd. Sad that I enjoyed MW3 more. I'm just gonna hold off playing Blops2 for a while till some patches or something is done.

Aside from the ridiculous SMGs I'm having a blast with this. Probably my 2nd favourite CoD this gen.

They should nerf the clip size of SMGs. They can hold that trigger forever it seems.

I have noticed that too. The AR clips seem smaller than in other MW games as well. :/

teokrazia

Throwing knife in MW2 let me express better the 'savage' approach I always had in MP, since CoD1.

First Black Ops gave me improved tools:
http://youtu.be/w9t1P8S2xGc

I didn't want to buy Black Ops II, because I have a huge backlog and sometimes I think that taking a sabbatical year with this franchise is only a good thing, but here I am:
http://youtu.be/JpuTXuXAlEw

In the damn tunnel again. ^^

Now let's get back used with crossbow!

eek5

You know what's fucked up? That burst fire pistol that kills stuff faster than any SMG.

I'm better w/ B23R than I am w/ semi-auto ARs.

Noteable examples

AK74u
Galil
M14
M16A1
M1911
MP5
Olympia
Python
RPD
Barret M82A1

I think it has to do with memory. The issue was brought up during MW3 when people wanted gun DLC and devs said it wasn't possible.

Already noticing a ton of people unlocking ghost with their first prestige. I don't even think most people realize how it's been nerfed.

I had my prestige unlock choice narrowed down to a couple guns. The Chicom CQB and the M8A1.

I ended up going with the M8A1. It unlocks 12 levels higher than the CQB. Both are burst fire and I love them.

For me, the M8A1 is probably my favorite gun in the game. Reminds me of the M16 in MW1. :)

Doombear

Ghost was my first unlock, and I agree. It is quite useful to a rusher too. You CAN'T sit still with it actually as most people know. Toss that Stock attachment on your primary and it is even better.

Top Bottom