• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

What did they do with the knifing? It seems like when me and someone are knifing each other at the same time, its completely random who gets the kill. Compared to the other cods, there was a certain degree of timing that could be utilized and could beat the other person.

Also, is there a gun attachment/perk that works similar to steady aim in other cods? Ive been trying most of the attachments but most of them dont change hipfire accuracy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So why are other players able to lunge forward when they knife?

I'm as close as possible to knife but somehow miss even though it is right on them. Is the lag compensation fucking with me?

Fal with target sight + select fire
+grip +3rd attachment
is crazy good against smgs as well IMO.

Forgot who suggested the setup as well, but they were right. I haven't gotten below a 1.50 Kd since I started using it

Just tried this out in a TDM. Went 36-5, and got 2 blackbirds. This feels like cheating. XD

Makoto

I'm as close as possible slash somehow miss even though it is right on them. Is the lag compensation fucking with me?
In my experience, the player has to be within line of sight and range for at least a second for the session to recognize them in front of you and allow the knife. I don't know the technical aspects of it but I'm inclined to say yes, it's the lag compensation screwing with you.

Doombear

I'm as close as possible to knife but somehow miss even though it is right on them. Is the lag compensation fucking with me?

Or it could be the combat knife. My main class has no secondary and that R1 attack with combat knife is definitely reminiscent of the MW3 knife lunge.

I gave MW3 a lot of shit for how the game was devised and how it basically catered to those who weren't k/d ratio freaks or high body count players. After playing black ops 2, it really makes me appreciate what IW did with MW3, and I take back a lot of the shit I gave them.

In my normal group of six, four of us are aggressive players who are all about k/d ratio, getting a shit ton of kills, and leveling the opposing team with killstreaks. The other two are dedicated support players and do all they can to support us for the over all win - throwing up UAVs, shooting UAVs down, making noise to attract enemies to them so we can keep our streaks going safely, etc - basically allowing us to focus on nothing but killing the opposing team. As you can imagine, those two absolutely loved MW3's support class, as they were finally being rewarded for their play style with killstreaks of their own that they found fun. That's all gone in blops 2 and those two players in our group are not happy, nor are they doing even remotely good - I'm talking 0 and 20 and consistently.

They're effectively doing more harm than good now, but there's not much they can do. Sure they have PLENTY of UAVs to shoot down, but at what cost? Contributing 20+ deaths to the opposing team is not helping. I feel fucking awful, they're flat out not enjoying it at all and I just don't see folks sticking this out longer than three months without some drastic changes. I think Treyarch might have alienated a good chunk of their playerbase by going on this camping witch hunt and turning blops 2 into nothing but SMG run and gun.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Fal with target sight + select fire
+grip +3rd attachment
is crazy good against smgs as well IMO.

Forgot who suggested the setup as well, but they were right. I haven't gotten below a 1.50 Kd since I started using it

With this setup do you go burst or full auto w/ the select fire?

M.W.

I really do like the score per minute stat. Love me some hardpoint. Ended up having a decent game on Standoff tonight. I was playing multi-team with my buds. Here's the numbers, I'm AtomBom.

Ixuf4.jpg

What did they do with the knifing? It seems like when me and someone are knifing each other at the same time, its completely random who gets the kill. Compared to the other cods, there was a certain degree of timing that could be utilized and could beat the other person.

Also, is there a gun attachment/perk that works similar to steady aim in other cods? Ive been trying most of the attachments but most of them dont change hipfire accuracy.

I think it has a bit to do the lag compensation. I've been playing a lot of sticks and stones and I've been on top of them and knifed them and it didn't kill them. I also think that the combat knife just by itsself has way wider arc it can hit in then the tac-knife or ballistic knife.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Has anyone successfully uploaded a video? This shit is taking an eternity to uploaded a 20sec clip....

Nevermind. It said it uploaded successfully. But the damn thing did take a long ass time.

Toski

Do SMGs dominate Hardcore playlists? One of my problems with Core is that it seems that whoever has the gun that spits out more bullets wins, regardless of accuracy/damage stats.

Sethos

Banned
Do SMGs dominate Hardcore playlists? One of my problems with Core is that it seems that whoever has the gun that spits out more bullets wins, regardless of accuracy/damage stats.

Not really, fast reaction and focus on movement wins in Hardcore. Most guns kill in 1-2 shots, so there's no weapon that is more deadly up close than others. SMGs do however still have damage drop off at range. So ARs are more effective in HC.

However high ROF is preferred, for the spray effect.

Not true with the fal IMO.

Even before I got select fire, it would only take 2-3 bullets while the other person would spill out a while clip

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just went on a nice run after getting the silencer for the SCAR. I wasn't doing terrible without it but I wasn't doing good either. In my last 9 matches(all TDM) before getting the silencer I went 121-78. That is a 1.5 ratio while averaging 13.4 kills and 8.6 deaths per match. My next 9 matches after the silencer I went 158-40. That is 3.95 ratio while averaging 16.6 kills and 4.4 deaths.

If you can consistently do well without a silencer I salute you but I won't be rolling without one very often from here on out.

So far, I have 2 gold guns:

Vector (prestiged 2 times)
R870 MCS (prestiged 2 times)

The SMAW is close to being gold as well.

I am loving the shotgun (at least the R870). Really fun to run around and destroy people with it. Usually run it with 5 perks.

Been having fun with the emblem editor. Made this earlier today:

Game has problems but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

FStop7

Banned
I gave MW3 a lot of shit for how the game was devised and how it basically catered to those who weren't k/d ratio freaks or high body count players. After playing black ops 2, it really makes me appreciate what IW did with MW3, and I take back a lot of the shit I gave them.

In my normal group of six, four of us are aggressive players who are all about k/d ratio, getting a shit ton of kills, and leveling the opposing team with killstreaks. The other two are dedicated support players and do all they can to support us for the over all win - throwing up UAVs, shooting UAVs down, making noise to attract enemies to them so we can keep our streaks going safely, etc - basically allowing us to focus on nothing but killing the opposing team. As you can imagine, those two absolutely loved MW3's support class, as they were finally being rewarded for their play style with killstreaks of their own that they found fun. That's all gone in blops 2 and those two players in our group are not happy, nor are they doing even remotely good - I'm talking 0 and 20 and consistently.

They're effectively doing more harm than good now, but there's not much they can do. Sure they have PLENTY of UAVs to shoot down, but at what cost? Contributing 20+ deaths to the opposing team is not helping. I feel fucking awful, they're flat out not enjoying it at all and I just don't see folks sticking this out longer than three months without some drastic changes. I think Treyarch might have alienated a good chunk of their playerbase by going on this camping witch hunt and turning blops 2 into nothing but SMG run and gun.

UAV>guardian>sentry is easy to get and can rack up points. It's a good support setup.

I seriously can't believe this, but Ghost seems to have no effect for me-enemies still always seem to be able to know where I am and when I'm sneaking around the corner! I'm almost ready to snap this disc in 2 pieces.

MarkusRJR

Just bought Black Ops 2 for my new Wii U. I haven't really played many shooters using dual analog so I can tell I'm going to suck hardcore.

I never played Black Ops 1 though. What do I need to know story-wise? Is there a good summary out there of what happens in the first game?

HiiiLife

Damn @ all those threads about the Wii U locking up and what not. That's why I'm better holding off on a new console for a few months. Lol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just bought Black Ops 2 for my new Wii U. I haven't really played many shooters using dual analog so I can tell I'm going to suck hardcore.

I never played Black Ops 1 though. What do I need to know story-wise? Is there a good summary out there of what happens in the first game?

I'm sure if you search YouTube that Someone has put all the story points from the original together in a video.

Finally got the diamond camo for specials! You need to get ALL camos for the Assault Shield, Ballistic Knife, Crossbow and Combat Knife to get it. Looks SO nice though. :D

HiiiLife

So far, I have 2 gold guns:

Vector (prestiged 2 times)
R870 MCS (prestiged 2 times)

The SMAW is close to being gold as well.

I am loving the shotgun (at least the R870). Really fun to run around and destroy people with it. Usually run it with 5 perks.

Been having fun with the emblem editor. Made this earlier today:

Game has problems but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

That emblem is BEYOND dope.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

That was me, I can't keep up with my friends kills online generally so I fell back on the Support Killstreaks, with the recon drone I was able to match and a lot of the time pass my friends scores along with the other kill streaks and shooting stuff down. I was unimpressed that they decided to essentially go back to the same thing but with points.

They should have done it again with the Assault and Support side, that way we wouldn't get so many damn UAVs in a match, due to the terrible problems and luck I have with this games online I at best get up to the hunter killer flying thing.

I was really looking forward to the BO2 multiplayer thinking at first it would be more similar to BO in speed etc. and less like MW3, but while bringing over MW3 features. Instead we got MW3 game speeds and a clunky UI, I dont know why they went from vertical options with fast horizontal screens with the bumpers/shoulder buttons to a horizontal menu and all this damn scrolling, lol.

I'm kind of looking forward to next years CoD with the hopes that they bring over the Killstreak packages along with the lag compensation that had gotten so much better over time, and if they can make Spec Ops Survival 4-player instead of 2 I would be over the moon.

aku:jiki

Popped in MW3 to refresh myself on how the spawns work... Oh lawd almighty what the fuck is going on?! I spawn right next to the bomb on Demolition offense, at the same time as 2 enemies. I plant and kill them, they respawn as far as possible and it becomes impossible for them to defuse. WTF.

On the other hand, I do feel like the netcode has been improved and I'm mostly having fair deaths so maybe there's hope for BO2.

Xux

It's just lag. People are a few steps ahead on their end compared to where you see them so when they knife you the host receives the info that they kill it at whatever spot and they seem to warp to that spot.
Laser Sight is Steady Aim.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Jesus, I haven't been able to get online at this time in the morning since it came out, but my god, quickscopers, quickscopers everywhere, a ground war match on raid there were 5 of us running around with weapons that weren't sniper rifles, all you could hear were people constantly firing and going into that middle area was crazy.

These guys weren't walking around getting any sort of massive kdr against each other, but the rest of us were just canon fodder spending most of our time gracefully falling to the ground every time you went round a corner.
I would personally say Raid is easily my most hated map, I find the design and layout to be awful.

V_Arnold

I love the R870 MCS for hardpoint, I do not care what midrange/highrange weapons are capable of when the hardpoints are constantly moving. That gamemode is a beast imho, even if one group manages to completely camp around a hardpoint, they will be at default disadvantage when the switch happens.

Also, so many people camp stupidly in this game. Last night at least 3 times I have run into a room to meet two crouching enemy in their respective corners who were not able to react before I pumped that shotgun into them - why camp if you have bad reflexes? :D

aku:jiki

Also, so many people camp stupidly in this game. Last night at least 3 times I have run into a room to meet two crouching enemy in their respective corners who were not able to react before I pumped that shotgun into them - why camp if you have bad reflexes? :D
Someone's enjoying the positive side of lag compensation.

Nome

How long would you guys say that campaign is? I'm renting it from redbox right now and I want to beat it in one sitting.

I've got 9 hours on it. Played on Recruit (come at me bro), so didn't die much. Did all the Strike Force missions. I reckon you could beat it in 6 hours if you rushed through. But it's really worth taking your time for the experience.

To everyone saying FAL is king, i raise you AN with FMJ/Laser/Foregrip. Get a 2.5 K/D every game with this thing
Really? I've been using AN-94 for a while(trying to unlock suppressor) and I struggle to get good scores with it. Maybe the lag comp is just messing with me. :/

Acinixys

Just played a game of Carrier where THE ENTIRE ENEMY TEAM camped the side with the raised sniping platform. What an annoying game

Alot of these matches are moving at a ridiculous pace and we all look like a bunch of jackasses for playing this way. Most of you probably figured that already,but I decided to really take a step back and just watch what's going on; People flying all over the place, turning corners at a million miles per hour and at 5 frames per second, running past each other blindly, jump shots from everybody, everything being tossed blindly.Most of us are playing like a bunch of headless chickens, but there isn't any other way to play if you wanna get into a good amount of encounters, because no in between style exists in this game; you either run or camp.

Sethos

Banned
People seem way too hung up on their weapons in here it seems. Sure, there's some great weapons but there's no good / bad weapons, it all depends on use and playstyle. I can be just as good with an LMG as I am with an SMG, it just depends on how you play. So the rusher guy may not have as much success with the FAL as the guys staying a bit more behind.

Magik

I seriously can't believe this, but Ghost seems to have no effect for me-enemies still always seem to be able to know where I am and when I'm sneaking around the corner! I'm almost ready to snap this disc in 2 pieces.

Ghost only works when you are at full walking/climbing speed. Having the adjustable stock will work as well.

Other movements such as crawling and crouch walking won't work.

LowParry

People seem way too hung up on their weapons in here it seems. Sure, there's some great weapons but there's no good / bad weapons, it all depends on use and playstyle. I can be just as good with an LMG as I am with an SMG, it just depends on how you play.

Agreed. Everyone should give the run and gun shotgun a good try because it sure as hell is fun killing people that way. Though you'll have games where your shots don't land at all. Even as your crosshair is lit up red, it won't hit. I hope they can tweak up the netcode soon.

Tomorrow I should hit lvl 55 so that I can try out the AN94. I don't think I'll gain ghost with how I play because I don't need it at all. SCAR is a beast though I feel that the gun's fire rate is too slow which can be a damper on others who use SMGs against.

alba

Little is the new Big
Really? I've been using AN-94 for a while(trying to unlock suppressor) and I struggle to get good scores with it. Maybe the lag comp is just messing with me. :/

Got the same issue, the AN is absolutely crap for me. Need to unlock the laser/fmj first before it's decent :/

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Okay, just in here to vent. I reset my stats and I lost everything. Yeah, I know, I should have read everything but the game was starting and I just hit "ok."

In short, I'm now back to level 16 and instead of Prestiging twice, will have to work to Prestige once. Hate the fact that I'm getting owned too since the usual lot of weapons I count on are still locked! Arggh! Again, I know it's my fault but just annoying that I thought it's reset stats thing was the same as BF3 Premium. :(

Top Bottom