• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

lol @ headglitching. It's called using cover. Just try to actually aim and shoot the head, you'll kill them quicker anyway.
Neck high walls are everywhere in this game, it's stupid, they have only a tiny part of their body exposed with you completely out there.

NIN90

Guys it's been in FPS since the start of realistic FPS with Counterstrike.
We managed just fine and we didn't even have to invent a stupid term like headglitching because it's just no issue.

It's your own damn fault if you get caught in the open by someone who is in cover.

Hey white sox

our clan message sucks

Is there really any point to clans anymore?

While there are no operations right now, I'm sure there will be some in the future, but there are no good rewards for leveling up clans anymore, besides I guess the yellow clan tag, which we already have.

Nori Chan

Is there really any point to clans anymore?

While there are no operations right now, I'm sure there will be some in the future, but there are no good rewards for leveling up clans anymore, besides I guess the yellow clan tag, which we already have.
we don't want you in our clan anyways

eek5

Neck high walls are everywhere in this game, it's stupid, they have only a tiny part of their body exposed with you completely out there.

It's actually not that bad in this game. A lot of the spots leave your full head exposed and some of the spots have your upper body exposed as well. In MW3 there were so many headglitch spots that were forehead high. It was impossible to get them even if you knew exactly where they were

It's actually not that bad in this game. A lot of the spots leave your full head exposed and some of the spots have your upper body exposed as well. In MW3 there were so many headglitch spots that were forehead high. It was impossible to get them even if you knew exactly where they were
Thank god I only played that game for like 4 days if that was worse than BO2, at this point I know where every spot is, and I'm usually aimed towards the spot when I turn corners and get the kill most of the time, but I still find it annoying.

Xux

So, does the laser sight actually help in the short range game? Like if I had a laser on my shotgun, what does it actually do, other than look all pew-pew?
It does. It's not as tight as Steady Aim made SMGs in previous games, though.
You can kill people by throwing Betties on their bodies. Somehow the impact will kill them. Great against shield users.
Well yeah, you're pretty much throwing a buzz saw at them.
As someone who hasn't payed attention to cod mp since the cod2/cod4 eras, I love the maps on this game. There's half a dozen ways in and out of everywhere, many flanking opportunities, the map movement just flows so well you almost never find yourself wanting to go in a direction and meeting this huge obstacle that forces you to backtrack and find a lenghty way around, there's always a little vault you can do or something. Plus (at least on PC) there's a crazy ammount of visual detail and unique personality to every random room or area in the map, as out of the way as it may be. Really impressed.
I agree; these are probably the best maps in the series. Best gun balance, too; just hope they work on the netcode.
No, it's called headglitching because you see their scalp but they see it like the cover is kneehigh and have a wide open view.

Really don't know why they refuse to fix that, or design maps around it.
If they fix it, as in move the camera, you wouldn't be able to get a clean shot on someone that might have a clean shot on the top of your head. ...That's the only reasoning I could think of.

I felt BO did a good job of designing maps without those spots while MW3 has a few seemingly overlooked spots and BO2 has Cargo and Carrier which seemed to be designed around. I always countered it with LMG+Deep Impact but some barrels in BO2 don't seem penetrable.

I know I should have expected this, but TDM always turns into a campfest now. Everyone can be running around the map at first. But as soon as someone gets a big streak, or my teams just winning in general, the other team just plants there asses into a corner.

I would love to run the higher kill streaks, but I play solo most of the time, and can never trust my teammates to even get a UAV.

You can kill people by throwing Betties on their bodies. Somehow the impact will kill them. Great against shield users.

Did this randomly once. Got three hit markers then dead. You can do the same with grenades in the other games, but you have to be super close to get the impact kill. Another plus for the bouncing betties, the new claymore.

For the past day and a half it's been almost impossible to get into a ground war match. It just gets stuck at the pre game lobby and does the "need more players to balance" thing, over and over. The few matches that actually managed to start were unbearably laggy, like tele-lag. Does play testing before a game is shipped even happen any more?

snack

Question about fresh start prestige option.

Do I lose all my camos when choosing to do a fresh start? And if I made a custom emblem, will I lose that too?

For the past day and a half it's been almost impossible to get into a ground war match. It just gets stuck at the pre game lobby and does the "need more players to balance" thing, over and over. The few matches that actually managed to start were unbearably laggy, like tele-lag. Does play testing before a game is shipped even happen any more?

They do happen but more often than not, the launch date takes priority over fixing bugs. And playtesting and regular QA isnt the same thing.

I played 2500+ hours of high skilled competitive CoD2 on PC, so yeah.

So what difference does it make wether or not your enemy is "headglitching" or not when you get shot in the back anyways?

This game purposely spawns people basically anywhere on the map with very little strategy involved just to have people run around constantly.

That is a very real issue but it still doesn't have anything to do with the headglitching discussion.

Ive never noticed it before like i did in this game multiple times. I could barely see the top of the guys head and on the kill cam his arms and gun are above the wall. Its garbage. It gives the opposing player a false sense of security and should be fixed. If the guy isn't showing IG to the opposing player, the guy shouldn't be hitting me. Its a glitch plain and simple.

Other games deal with this and normally they just make my bullets hit a rock or something even tho it seems from my point of view that it should be fine. It happened to me quite often and i always wondered why it did that. Now i know. Good design.

Stantron

Here's my custom emblem...
2047e45c9aaa5e43f0e63c68df324ea7

jacobs34

For some reason I feel the need to run around like an idiot in this game instead of playing a smart pick-and-pop style that lends itself to a good KDR. I've been playing a ton of hardpoint, and I need to start playing smart rather than just zerg rushing the hill all the time.

For some reason I feel the need to run around like an idiot in this game instead of playing a smart pick-and-pop style that lends itself to a good KDR. I've been playing a ton of hardpoint, and I need to start playing smart rather than just zerg rushing the hill all the time.

Thats exactly when my K/D ratio started to go up. Its as if people are just so anxious to get points in this game that they just forget that you'll also get them in the next match too.

It's a serious problem for some of us, so maybe someone more level in their approach should post about it and get some movement going on this. It completely breaks the games that have it for people like me who for some reason have an incredibly stable speedy connection.

I hate the fact that I'm punished because I have high speed internet. I need it for other reasons but I cant stand that it's ruined one of my favorite games for me. It's soooooo frustrating when you have the drop on a guy that you know is coming around the corner and you know that he doesnt know youre coming and bam, you're dead. This happens farrrrrr too many times to be a coincidence. I know exactly what it is when it happens and it makes me want to quit playing and I usually do. I dont wanna be like that but I refuse to play a game where I dont at least have a fair fight.

What can I do to help myself? Should I download some ridiculously large file while I'm playing or?

aku:jiki

What can I do to help myself? Should I download some ridiculously large file while I'm playing or?
The only real way to do it is running some software that causes packet loss and other stuff I don't know about, there are probably youtube videos on it.

Saw a dude today that had so much lag comp, I swear his connection could see into the future. Every time I'd anticipate him coming around the corner, I'd take cover and instantly die, but his killcam showed me standing there for far longer than I actually did... This netcode blows my mind sometimes.

Just started the campaign.

WTF is this visually impressive 60fps shit playing on my Xbox? I was recently blown away by Halo 4's sheer graphical power, but all things considered, Black Ops II is equally impressive for being 60fps while looking as good as it does. I'd much rather every game go the BO2 route and sub-HD it up with a few blurry textures. The 60ps just can't be beat.

Anyway yeah, shit looks good. Apparently not all sub-HD resolutions are created equal.

Bouncing Betties are the best! I just run around chucking them like Frisbees at people, up in the air, at objectives etc.

I already have my awesome Betty card background thing for 300 kills with them lol.

Remmy2112

I feel like it's a total toss up if I get 3 shot kills or 8 shot kills far away with the S12 and M1216.

The S12 and M1216 have wider spread patterns than the 870 and KSG because of their semi-automatic/automatic nature. If you're having trouble making mid range shots then equip a long barrel and/or aim down the sights. Aiming down the sights with shotguns in this game defies gun rules and actually tightens the spread, significantly in most cases.

tatsuki

I don't even know why the Claymore is in the game; the Betty completely outclasses it and I don't think people will ever learn to drop down in response to hearing the whirr.
Claymores are super effective for me right now. I think It's because no one is really expecting them yet this early. I unlocked them with my permanent unlock when I was 2nd prestige and they have been getting hundreds of kills so far.
It's funny watching enemy players run around the corner and duck down, only to get blown up anyway because they think the click sound is from a betty.

Jarmel

Banned
Fuck Treyarch. The netcoding in this game is appalling. Had literally four different matches in three different lobbies with everybody having either a single red bar or two. Game is unplayable. Apparently none of the money that they get from sales is put towards development.

Magik

The only real way to do it is running some software that causes packet loss and other stuff I don't know about, there are probably youtube videos on it.

Saw a dude today that had so much lag comp, I swear his connection could see into the future. Every time I'd anticipate him coming around the corner, I'd take cover and instantly die, but his killcam showed me standing there for far longer than I actually did... This netcode blows my mind sometimes.

Exactly what I've been experiencing the majority of the time I'm playing. Every time I think I got the upper hand, I get killed by the lag comp.

I feel like I'm being forced to play a more conservative, campish style just to be able to compete and contribute.

Fuck Treyarch. The netcoding in this game is appalling. Had literally four different matches in three different lobbies with everybody having either a single red bar or two. Game is unplayable. Apparently none of the money that they get from sales is put towards development.

PS3?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've noticed a few games where we would dominate one guy for most of the game and then there after every time you'd encounter the same guy and only that guy the game would start to stutter. I'm assuming some kind of lag switch coming into play?

Xux

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/271037228753489923

Hey a Tweet from Vahn acknowledging issues involving pumping a whole clip into someone.
The S12 and M1216 have wider spread patterns than the 870 and KSG because of their semi-automatic/automatic nature. If you're having trouble making mid range shots then equip a long barrel and/or aim down the sights. Aiming down the sights with shotguns in this game defies gun rules and actually tightens the spread, significantly in most cases.
I ADS almost 100% of time and always use Long Barrel when I have it. The spread's the same for the 870 and the automatics; the only difference is damage and RoF.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
A friend and I are having terrible luck with games today, every Ground War is doing nothing but balancing teams, Team Deathmatch wont even let us in and keeps erroring out either trying to go into a lobby or as a match starts, some weird "modifying session" nonsense.

This game is all sorts of fucked up at the moment, lol.

And also these Sniper guys carrying pistols, not only do the Sniper Rifles which ohk you at any range, the pistols have a habit of killing faster than SMGs.

Acinixys

Im loving the crossbow at the moment. Theres nothing more satisfying than shooting at a sniper across the map and seeing a hit marker. Wish it did more splash damage though.

LOL, Vonderhaar is such a cunt. Fighting for the users indeed.
I like how he posts this : @DavidVonderhaar: @etilt44 Helpful video, but the Theater comparison won't help me me. No latency and likely not your view of the world at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvUGKyWrepA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yet in the video the guy shows live and theater side by side showing the difference. I think they just refuse to believe their game isn't as great as they think it is.

Top Bottom