• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Does anyone know how I can report players on PS3? I want to report someone who has a swastika as emblem, and somehow I can't find a report button.

Gemüsepizza;44570360 said:
Does anyone know how I can report players on PS3? I want to report someone who has a swastika as emblem.

Highlight their name on the leaderboard, click X/A and then go to reports player, then offensive emblem.

Gemüsepizza;44570360 said:
Does anyone know how I can report players on PS3? I want to report someone who has a swastika as emblem, and somehow I can't find a report button.

Don't you just click on their name in the lobby?

Manus

Hijacked has got to be the worst map of any CoD ever. I wouldn't mind it if the spawning wasn't ass. It's worse than Nuketown.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hijacked has got to be the worst map of any CoD ever. I wouldn't mind it if the spawning wasn't ass. It's worse than Nuketown.

I hate that map.

I just camp like crazy. Screw it. If they are going to make me play that godforsaken map I am going to do my best to ruin their experience. So I just camp in the kitchen on one end or at the very back of the boat behind some cover on the other end. The latter being the far better of the two spots because you can keep everything in front of you and it keeps the other team from spawning back there. Seems to be working fairly well so far.

Sethos

Banned
I love that weapon progression sticks through prestige, so nice.

Unlocked the FAL ( Again ) and could immediately deck it out with Quickdraw, Silencer and Fire Selector. HC S&D beast.

Victrix

*beard*
I'm surprised no one has given SMR the same treatment and reported back, it has a higher damage output.

It trades off a longer two shot range for lower rof and worse recoil, so it's kind of a flavor thing, its not strictly better. Of the two I prefer the FAL personally, because at the range where its 3sk, few guns can retaliate effectively anyway.

I've taken to frequently overkilling mid-long range ARs with a Shotgun. Best of all worlds, and ruins the endless sprinters day.

Ok so lets talk:

Any AR's that don't turn to shit with a silencer equipped?

SMG's really run the show is anything else worth a try?

Also is it better to equip Ghost, or ignore it and shoot down UAV's?

LowParry

Hijacked is Nuketown pretty much. I've always enjoyed the map. I think Aftermath is a pain. Not my favorite. Though it does have its moments of good times. I don't think I could put up a map I truly hate right now. They all are fun to me.

Ok so lets talk:

Any AR's that don't turn to shit with a silencer equipped?

SMG's really run the show is anything else worth a try?

I actually think having the silencer is better for any assault rifle. I'm running with the AN-94 and do just fine. Though I don't think any gun other than a shotgun is going to take down those with a shotgun at short range. It's probably the answer to the SWG swag.

DRE Fei

I was using the FAL last night. It's a beast. The M8A1 is pretty good also. I ran into a clan last night in kill confirmed that mostly used M8 with select fire. They camped the entire game with shock charges. Whenever I spawned and walked a few steps there was someone headglitching and staring at me. Even when I saw one of them, I couldn't run around the corner fast enough. This was on the map overflow. They basically destroyed me and my team of randoms. The next map was on slums and I tore them up with the Ballista. After that I constantly rushed their spawn on hijacked with the R870.

So far the lag is still an issue. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's utter garbage and I don't know why. I think I'm just going to use specific weapons on certain maps now. There are so many head glitching spots on these maps that it's insane. Combine that with the shock charges that people are using to protect their flanks and I can see the pace of the game slowing down very soon in TDM and maybe even kill confirmed. I'm glad that Tac Mask is in the game, but the shock charge still activates and gives away your position, so I'd rather use engineer to find these campers. Overall I think this game is much better when playing in a party just so you know where the enemy is at all times. The spawns are too ridiculous right now.

What about equipping ghost or shoot down UAV's.

Sometimes I feel like Ghost is a waste.
Ghost is only good if you run around a lot.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I love that weapon progression sticks through prestige, so nice.

Unlocked the FAL ( Again ) and could immediately deck it out with Quickdraw, Silencer and Fire Selector. HC S&D beast.

I agree, it is nice. The reasons you would want to reset your weapon back to no attachments include resetting the challenges (exp helps with leveling up again), getting your emblem to show up on the gun (requires 1 reset), and getting your clan tag to show up on the gun (requires 2 resets).

Dave1988

I agree, it is nice. The reasons you would want to reset your weapon back to no attachments include resetting the challenges (exp helps with leveling up again), getting your emblem to show up on the gun (requires 1 reset), and getting your clan tag to show up on the gun (requires 2 resets).

It's the other way around actually.

Victrix

*beard*
What about equipping ghost or shoot down UAV's.

Sometimes I feel like Ghost is a waste.

If you're playing aggressive, take Ghost, otherwise don't bother. If you want to help your team (a lot), shoot down UAVs. How important they are to your survival depends on the map and where/how you're moving or camping.

If SMGs are pissing you off, take a Shotgun, or overkill a Shotgun as a secondary. They shit all over SMGs in cqc if your accuracy is even half good.

Standout ARs for me: FAL with/without SF, M8A1 with SF (only!), AN-94 with/without SF.

The SCAR has too much recoil, the Type 25 and M27 are 4sk only, and the MTAR is just too average all around. It has mediocre recoil, short 3sk range, etc. SWAT is in a class of its own, its definitely the more usable burst rifle, but I didn't find it to be particularly standout, not enough consistent 1sks to make it worth using over the FAL or burst AN-94. SF also nerfs its 3sk range heavily, into something roughly comparable to the MTAR. It does have good RoF, but the accuracy is a bit harsh.

I'm probably going to start on Diamond ARs tonight, so I'll be getting intimately familiar with the ARs I don't like as much :p

Victrix

*beard*
shot kill, shots to kill, etc

Guns range from 1sk (snipers, shotguns/executioner at close range) out to 6sk (smgs at range), or worse, if you're shooting through a surface.

Different attachments tinker with those ranges as well, ignoring the differences between weapons, but the 3sk is a very important marker, because guns without it have next to no chance of competing with SMGs at close range - which is why I'm not big on the T25 or M27.

eek5

I'm surprised no one has given SMR the same treatment and reported back, it has a higher damage output.
I tried the SMR for a bit.

- I think the irons are worse so in a close-mid range map you're forced to use a point on the sights.
- Slower RoF. This hurts both in semi-auto and full-auto but my experience is mostly in semi-auto. This makes nailing 3HK a bit harder. 2HK is also a bit harder.
- A bit more recoil. This isn't bad on its own but w/ the slower RoF you can't put a 2 round shot on far headglitch targets as easily as the FAL imo. You end up having to slow the RoF down even more or adjust by pulling your aim down to adjust for it.
- Smaller magazine and slower reload. Alone these are kind of bad but together they can put you into somewhat bad situations where FAL wouldn't have a problem.

Another advantage that the FAL has is that it is relatively low level which means when you prestige you don't have to use an unlock token on it. The SMR is one of the later AR unlocks and considering its downsides next to FAL it isn't worth an early unlock token imo.

Cake Boss

Banned
So the bouncy Betty basically works as a grenade and a claymore, nice to know, nice balance there Treyarch.

Oh and Aftermath is just as bad as Highjacked.

feel

As someone who hasn't payed attention to cod mp since the cod2/cod4 eras, I love the maps on this game. There's half a dozen ways in and out of everywhere, many flanking opportunities, the map movement just flows so well you almost never find yourself wanting to go in a direction and meeting this huge obstacle that forces you to backtrack and find a lenghty way around, there's always a little vault you can do or something. Plus (at least on PC) there's a crazy ammount of visual detail and unique personality to every random room or area in the map, as out of the way as it may be. Really impressed.

The Chicom CQB in Hardcore TDM is like a win button...

Last few matches:
I7xna.jpeg

WJkHn.jpeg

YCGza.jpeg

So the bouncy Betty basically works as a grenade and a claymore, nice to know, nice balance there Treyarch.

Oh and Aftermath is just as bad as Highjacked.

I don't even know why the Claymore is in the game; the Betty completely outclasses it and I don't think people will ever learn to drop down in response to hearing the whirr.

Also Aftermath is the best map in the game. I will fight you

eek5

I don't even know why the Claymore is in the game; the Betty completely outclasses it and I don't think people will ever learn to drop down in response to hearing the whirr.

Also Aftermath is the best map in the game. I will fight you

I drop down in response but it's fucking impossible if you're sprinting since you'll dive and die anyway. They need to just shorten the radius and throw distance on it or something. Haven't seen anyone use a claymore yet and haven't used them myself so I can't comment.

NIN90

lol @ headglitching. It's called using cover. Just try to actually aim and shoot the head, you'll kill them quicker anyway.

Kyoufu

You can kill people by throwing Betties on their bodies. Somehow the impact will kill them. Great against shield users.

Any good zombie players in here? If you've gotten past round 30-35 several times, then add me and we can play some time :D

Preferably from America and on the east coast, but i'll play with anyone.

I was playing with a guy from France earlier today on a 2 bar and only got to round 30, so thats why east coast is best.

aku:jiki

lol @ headglitching. It's called using cover. Just try to actually aim and shoot the head, you'll kill them quicker anyway.
No, it's called headglitching because you see their scalp but they see it like the cover is kneehigh and have a wide open view.

Really don't know why they refuse to fix that, or design maps around it.

Top Bottom