• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

So I played it for a while. PS3 version.

I've been bossing it on certain levels like the yacht stage but suck terribly on stages like the one in the desert with the plane in the middle.

Match making glitches need to go.

Sound is WAY better than MW3. MW3 didn't sound uncompressed. This does. And the surround sound is much better as well.

I don't see that I can get the thermal scope... am I missing it? I'm a surgeon with it in MW3. I'll need it here.

Overall decent game. I'm going to play it more to find out if I truly like it. Not a large fan of the Treyarch versions but since the other team is a shell of its former self, I guess it doesn't matter who COD is made by as long as they polish and expand on what's come before.

Oh! And I can't stand the unskippable intros! Why do I have to wait over 45 seconds to get to the game???

Milly79

This game is bad. I get Open NAT with all other games and this game shows moderate/strict all the time.

I'm using a static ip for PS3, DMZ, QOS etc etc. *rage*

It's stupid as hell, I agree. I'm hoping this stuff gets fixed with these "backend, hotfix, patch" stuff. Having it open actually has improved my game it seems.

I don't see that I can get the thermal scope... am I missing it? I'm a surgeon with it in MW3. I'll need it here.

I think target finder is the new thermal. It's actually pretty good. There is a perk that works against showing the red box on the enemy, but that really isn't a problem. There's also the MMS scanner that detects heat signatures within 25m, but it's sooo slow.

Xux

Pistols > Assault Rifles?

Once again, Aftermath what a shit show that is.
Yeah, Pistols are okay in this game.
So I played it for a while. PS3 version.

I've been bossing it on certain levels like the yacht stage but suck terribly on stages like the one in the desert with the plane in the middle.

Match making glitches need to go.

Sound is WAY better than MW3. MW3 didn't sound uncompressed. This does. And the surround sound is much better as well.

Overall decent game. I'm going to play it more to find out if I truly like it. Not a large fan of the Treyarch versions but since the other team is a shell of its former self, I guess it doesn't matter who COD is made by as long as they polish and expand on what's come before.

Oh! And I can't stand the unskippable intros! Why do I have to wait over 45 seconds to get to the game???
Thermal is called Dual Band in this game and it's only on LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and the Crossbow.

You can set the game up to boot straight to MP from the menus. It's quite a bit faster.

eek5

If you got to custom classes on ELITE you can click on attachments and then click "show stats" to get stats on individual attachments. It's cool that they are collecting this data again; I hope they work on ELITE to make displaying this information better/easier to access.

g3Mc4.png

LEbQu.png

feel

Sprint and press change stance button, C if you haven't changed it.
Ah thanks! Was trying to use the Go Prone and Prone Toggle buttons to do it, didn't even realize there was also a Change Stance button that works console style (press to crouch, hold to go prone) that I can set to CTRL and solve the prone/crouch control issues I was having in my gameplay by having them in separate buttons.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Came up with this today, it's a pretty good "anti-bullshit" class, try it if you're having difficulties. Not going to fix lag comp, of course, but....

Ghost (Prevents bullshit UAV kills)
Cold Blooded (Prevents bullshit target finder kills)
Engineer (Prevents bullshit shock/bettie kills)

FAL OSW w/Target Finder, Grip, Select Fire (via Primary Gunfighter)

One bettie, one shock.

So shock/bettie are bullshit skills but you run with them yourself? ;)

It's stupid as hell, I agree. I'm hoping this stuff gets fixed with these "backend, hotfix, patch" stuff. Having it open actually has improved my game it seems.

I think target finder is the new thermal. It's actually pretty good. There is a perk that works against showing the red box on the enemy, but that really isn't a problem. There's also the MMS scanner that detects heat signatures within 25m, but it's sooo slow.

I used the target finder and it almost seemed like cheating. I guess the thermal is too.

Yeah, Pistols are okay in this game.
Thermal is called Dual Band in this game and it's only on LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and the Crossbow.

You can set the game up to boot straight to MP from the menus. It's quite a bit faster.

I'll take a look at it, thanks.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN, my user name is my GAF name.

.nimrod

About that "Cheers" reply, you need to read the whole conversation which went womething like:

Vahn: I need some videos showing the issue
Someone: Here's a video showing that
Vahn: "Cheers."

He wasn't being a dick.

I got my first AGR! So much fun to throw the marker and airdrop it into enemy territory. It got me about 12 kills.

Oh, and Carrier is the worst map. It's the only one that really reminds me of the terrible, cluttered MW3 maps.

So shock/bettie are bullshit skills but you run with them yourself? ;)

Oh, definitely. Hey, I never said this was some kind of "honorable" class, just seemingly a pretty effective build that isn't laser smg or scavenger betties + sniper.

Somebody told me to nix cold blooded but after using target finder, I can see why I was dying a lot behind cover, it really shuts down "headglitching."

If I was less scrubby at this game I'd just go finder + grip and get another perk, but select fire is less work.

when this game is working it's fun, good maps for run and gun. But the game can get boring quick because running and gunning is the only way to stay in the action. Whenever I try to slow it down and play more methodically I get bored out of my mind because most of the areas with any mid range sight lines are chokepoints that see little traffic. There are some decent long range sightlines in these maps, but those cater to snipers really. It's hard playing this game as anything other than a rusher.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I really dislike these strikeforce missions. How big of an impact do they have on my ending?

Ugh...had to deal with this bullshit in Assassins Creed and now COD

HiiiLife

Then of course I get the update when IM going ham. Smh. I was getting two or three blackbirds in one life followed by a warthog and a warship. I was having so much fun. But instead I'm the only one out of my party that gets the update while my friends are playing on the previous version. Was I doing too much?! Hmmmm?

YOU CAN'T PATCH ME TREYARCH.

Also.. Kill confirmed > TD from now on.

I don't think I can play this any more.

Just played a few games and I just felt handicapped the other players had a supreme advantage over me.

Fuck you treyach/activision.

o hai halo.

Got the Loadstar in a care package. Oh. My. LOL. Its so amazing. Got 25 kills with it

Care packages are really good in this game, especially with engineer. you usually end up with a decent killstreak. I ran a uav, care package, loadstar set up and had some monster matches, you'd be suprised how many high killstreaks you end up getting.

HiiiLife

Holy shit. I call in two blackbirds and my teammates are too stupid to take the battle towards the enemy. It was the only way to catch up in Kill Confirmed. But instead they want to camp on big ass Turbine. SMHHHHH.

Acinixys

Really hope they fix the Scorestreaks not stacking. Got a care package and as i was about to use it i got another one, but since they dont stack i only had 1. :(

Top Bottom